• Germany
    • Berlin
Industry
Advertising Architecture Art History Arts Communications Design Fashion Design Film Journalism Marketing Media Relations Music Performing Arts Photography +4

Program Details

Academic Year Fall Spring Summer Winter Year Round

Pricing

$2,950 USD
- An internship tailored to your career goals
- Mock company interviews
- Career Coaching
- Internship visa support and liaison
- Travel and health insurance arrangements
- Housing arrangements
- On-site support
- Full in-city orientation
- ABI curated events
- ABI City Guide on the local creative scene
- Resources on networking opportunities
- Access to our international network of alumni
What's Included
Some Activities Travel Insurance Visa
What's Included (Extra)

Housing arrangements

What's Not Included
Accommodation Airfare Meals Transportation
Jan 26, 2021
Oct 05, 2021

ArtBound Initiative (ABI) offers customized internships for students and recent graduates in New York, Berlin and Hong Kong. With an expansive network of leading art & design organizations, ArtBound Initiative provides access to creative industries that are notoriously insular. ABI offers year-round internships from 2 months up to a year.

ABI offers creative internships across disciplines and industries. Depending on your desired career path, we place interns in advertising, design, film, fashion, fine arts, performing arts, communications, marketing, public relations, events programming, and more.

Program Highlights

• Internship in Berlin: work with an artist, gallery, art center, creative agency, magazine, festival..
  • Expand your network: attend our events and meet industry professionals
  • Be an insider: we will give you access to the local art scene and latest events.

Jackson

Wonderful Program for International Arts Internships

Artbound Initiative is a wonderful program for students or recent graduates in the arts looking for internships abroad. The process of arranging visas and housing was so helpful and easy, and the coaching really prepared me for putting myself out there in the professional world and landing an internship. I did my internship in Berlin, and would not have had the materials or connections to do so had it not been for Artbound Initiative helping me throughout the process. The experience as a whole was wonderful and I would highly recommend to anyone interested!

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would go out and do more, it's very easy to get caught up in a routine and forget you're in a cool new city with so many things to do!
Jack

Art Bound Initiative Berlin Internship Review

This experience allowed me to network with young artistic professionals from all around the world while still in undergrad. I received a great internship at a leading contemporary gallery in Berlin and was able to utilize all of my skills in writing, management, marketing, and general knowledge of contemporary art. Housing and insurance were adequately provided through ABI, and it was nice knowing that I always had that support. Since there were other ABI participants in the apartment building, making friends was no issue.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Going to gallery openings with famous curators, artists, and gallerists and learning how to stay confident and polite.
Arianna

Great experience in Berlin

I interned with ABI this summer 2021 season with artist duo Jeschkelanger. It was a great to have hands-on experience at an artist studio straight out of university. While I was there, they worked mostly with just commissioned pieces so I was able to learn the overall structure from customer to idea scheming to construction to delivery. The environment was very amicable and down to earth.

Berlin is a great city for students and rising artists as wherever you go it is filled with both rich history but also a very vivid art scene. I can most definitely say I enjoyed my time there!

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would definitely would have wished to have seen the city a bit more. I think I was very focused on my internship that I did not give the city as much attention as I wish I had, but the moment I did see were absolutely fantastic and memorable.
Soleil

Studio Assistant

I worked for Wolfgang Stiller and was his assistant in his studio. I helped package art and make the boxes that ended up being sold or shipped to galleries all over the world. I learned how to make/ prepare molds which was new since I never learned sculpture until now. As well got some jobs around berlin in the art scene like working/hosting gallery opening in a middle of a pandemic. (safely of course) I highly recommend this internish to anyone who feels like they need an extra boost. It worth your time to check out ABI especially if your thinking of using art in your everyday career.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
The amount of raves thta happen in the street randomly was very fun to watch.
Susanna

My time with ABI in Berlin

I had a brilliant experience in Berlin with ABI. I was there for three months, interning as an administrative assistant with ikonoTV - a streaming platform dedicated to art, design, architecture and heritage content. My tasks and responsibilities in the internship were incredibly varied, from market research, to reorganising and restructuring company databases, to writing articles. My supervisor made sure throughout the period that I had a range of tasks and longer-term projects to work on, so that I could organise myself and vary what I was working on day-to-day. This internship has already impacted my career in a meaningful way because I will be continuing to do part-time paid work for IkonoTV now that the internship is over. I could not have asked for a better outcome – joining ABI has directly led me to future employment. ABI is incredibly well-connected, meaning they found me an internship which was perfectly tailored to my strengths and career goals. Without ABI, I would not know where to start finding the kind of role I wanted – they gave me a head-start which I could not have found anywhere else. Socially, the programme was excellent despite covid-19. I was living in an apartment building with many other interns on the programme, who I was able to form meaningful relationships with - my social schedule was always super busy and I had such a fun time.

Take up every opportunity you get while you're out there! You never know what amazing experiences you might have or what people you'll meet, and it definitely pays to make the most of it!
Kiah

Best career decision I ever made!

ABI was the best career decision I ever made. It allowed me to move to a country (In the middle of a pandemic), complete an internship in an high-end creative agency which I have gained employment in and learn valuable skills that I will carry for the rest of my work life. The team are so friendly and nurturing and give you the confidence to succeed in you internship as well carry on your future career. You also become a part of global and local network that has been so useful during the lockdowns and for meeting new people in a new city. And the global network to further your career and have contacts in the fast changing remote working landscape. Overall ABI has really changed my prospects, the course along with the team really helps you kickstart your career within a global community, whether its a 3 month internship in summer between university years or a post-grad internship that turns into a job!

Give it your all, and trust the process. I have many set backs at the begin due to the pandemic however ABI guided me through this seamlessly and I ended up in the best place for me in the end. I have meet many amazing people through the programme and because of the programme and have stayed past my original plan as I love Berlin so much!
Jasmine

Interning with a Creative Agency in Berlin through ArtBound Initiative

ArtBound Initiative were very supportive throughout the whole journey. Initially, the preparatory work really set me up to obtain such a cool internship, and the CEO, Laura, was there to provide great mentorship, guidance and positive energy.

When arriving in Berlin, Program Coordinator, Jana, was quick to organise meet-ups, allowing me to somewhat establish myself comfortably in Berlin.

Overall, ArtBound Initiative were great to have by my side.

I think this internship will impact my career in the sense of having a better definition of what I want to strive for in terms of design specialisation. It’s also made a positive impact by having the opportunity to upskill with different design softwares. Along with being able to participate in and understand the operations of a creative agency - equipping me with the communication skills and knowledge needed if I were to work for one in the future.

Be open, explore the city by bike and always join the meet-ups organised by the program coordinator. Berlin is a very multicultural and socially interesting city, so make the most of it by connecting with the locals and taking the opportunity to meet up with new people.
William

Moving from Sydney to Berlin as a video editor

I always wanted to move to Berlin but I often felt unprepared and unsure. Through my university, I found the Artbound Initiative which fit perfectly. I had a program that would help me find footing in a completely different city and I could often go to them for help, whether for my visa or advice on how to go about my internship. I can't imagine how stressful it would've been to have done it on my own. Now, I have a production company that looks after the people they work with and that has been invaluable.

There was a lack of connections with film-related companies in Berlin which made finding an internship somewhat difficult but they eventually pulled through and with time, their film network can only grow.