Creative Industries Internship in Berlin, Germany

ArtBound Initiative (ABI) offers customized internships for students and recent graduates in New York , Berlin and Hong Kong. With an expansive network of leading art & design organizations, ArtBound Initiative provides access to creative industries that are notoriously insular. ABI offers year-round internships from 2 months up to a year.

ABI offers creative internships across disciplines and industries. Depending on your desired career path, we place interns in advertising, design, film, fashion, fine arts, performing arts, communications, marketing, public relations, events programming, and more.

• Internship in Berlin: work with an artist, gallery, art center, creative agency, magazine, festival..
  • Expand your network: attend our events and meet industry professionals
  • Be an insider: we will give you access to the local art scene and latest events.

Tabia Calligenia

Perfect for Professional Development

ABI is the agency to go to if you decide to go into the arts field - local or abroad. Their support prior to your departure will help you throughout your career, not just the internship. The activities they provide to get in touch with the community there are rewarding too. My experience at Klemm's and DECAD are both valuable. I have the chance to work on solid gallery tasks like creating social media content to proposing art happenings for exhibitions. Good luck!

Carrie

Contemporary Art Magazine in Berlin

The Artbound team helped me tailor my resume and feel more confident about going out into the work force. It also helped give me contacts and experience in the contemporary art world. The Artbound team helped me feel comfortable when I was in Berlin by setting up my housing and providing information about metro tickets, health insurance, etc. The team set up a couple of events where I got to meet with curators and artists based in Berlin. I also had a lot of free time to either travel or go to events in Berlin on the weekends.

I worked with a company called Bpigs. The people I worked with were really friendly and welcoming. I was able to learn a lot about the administrative side of the contemporary art world as well as the ins and outs of publishing an online magazine. Overall, the Artbound Initiative program provided an exciting and fun learning experience for me this summer, and I would highly recommend it to anyone interested in going into a creative field.

More people can join it! I would have loved to have more people from the program to hang out with in abroad.
Georgia

Life Changing

ABI is an amazing opportunity as a young art student. I have grown so much as an artist because of this experience! I loved it and plan on doing another one in NY. You can’t put a price on an opportunity like this. ABI was so helpful not only the internship but the preparation for it. Very lucky to have been placed in Berlin with an amazing established painter Erik Schmidt. Can’t wait for my next trip really looking forward to getting to know a new city.

Ena-Meghan

One of the best experiences of my life

ArtBound Initiative went above and beyond for me. They found me a great placement and made the transition to Berlin seamless, taking the time to listen to my needs, and helping me get established here. The truly opened the doors to Berlin for me. I give it my highest recommendation! If your looking to intern in NYC, Berlin, Or Hong Kong, Look no further, Seriously. The best part is now I have a Network of new contacts and they introduce me to new contacts, even now having completed the program. They are for all the creative industries and that shows in the variety of my fellow alumni whom are also gems. Even better most of us got hired right out of our internship. We couldn't have done that without the amazing coaching of the ArtBound Initiative Team. Thank you!

Honestly I can't think of anything they were that good
Cecile

I had the best time in Berlin!!!

ArtBound found me an 3 month internship with a gallery in Berlin. My supervisors were awesome and we stayed in touch. I met really cool artists. ArtBound's advisors took the time to get to know my personality better before suggesting this internship and it was right on! I asked to stay in my own place so they found me a nice studio in Kreuzberg. They organized studio visits of artists and a gallery tour during my stay. Miss Berlin!

About ArtBound Initiative