• Germany
    • Berlin
Industry
Advertising Architecture Art History Arts Communications Design Fashion Design Film Journalism Marketing Media Relations Music Performing Arts Photography +4

Program Details

Academic Year Fall Spring Summer Winter Year Round

Pricing

- An internship tailored to your career goals
- Mock company interviews
- Career Coaching
- Internship visa support and liaison
- Travel and health insurance arrangements
- Housing arrangements
- On-site support
- Full in-city orientation
- ABI curated events
- ABI City Guide on the local creative scene
- Resources on networking opportunities
- Access to our international network of alumni
What's Included

Accommodation Airfare Meals Transportation
Dec 27, 2021
Apr 18, 2022
33 travelers are looking at this program

ArtBound Initiative (ABI) offers customized internships for students and recent graduates in New York, Berlin and Hong Kong. With an expansive network of leading art & design organizations, ArtBound Initiative provides access to creative industries that are notoriously insular. ABI offers year-round internships from 2 months up to a year.

ABI offers creative internships across disciplines and industries. Depending on your desired career path, we place interns in advertising, design, film, fashion, fine arts, performing arts, communications, marketing, public relations, events programming, and more.

Program Highlights

• Internship in Berlin: work with an artist, gallery, art center, creative agency, magazine, festival..
  • Expand your network: attend our events and meet industry professionals
  • Be an insider: we will give you access to the local art scene and latest events.

Olivia

Highly recommend

ABI has made my dream of working abroad so easy! The studios and companies they are connected with are also great. They tailor your skills and interests with the perfect studio and allowed me to have a great learning experience. You also get to connect with others from the ABI community so you don't feel so lonely in a new city and it's a great way to make new friends within your field. The experience has helped me get into my dream college for my post graduate studies. If you feel overwhelmed by the thought of going abroad, I highly recommend ABI.

my profile, literally
Marla

amazing programme!

I never thought I'd get to go to Europe, especially to work in the field that interests me and in some way, ABI made it so easy. Ginda and Laura champion you to be your best self and coach you with their knowledge of what companies want, in order to present yourself in interviews that under normal circumstances would be near-impossible to get. You have to work hard at it, but they accompany you and set you up for success, even though once in the internship it's up to you and your determination to do well! I kinda wish I could do it all over again, because it was that amazing.

Pros
  • working abroad
  • contacts
  • visa help
Cons
  • the housing partner
Oscar

ArtBound Initiative Berlin Program

ArtBound Initiative was the best experience I've ever had. They made the process seamless and prepared me for multiple aspects of the art industry, allowing for the most growth possible in the amount of time we shared. Connections are important in this industry and even though you'll be making plenty during your internship, you gain a network with ArtBound alone. Being able to talk with anyone who has participated in the program and staying connected with news and events, it feels more like a supportive and like-minded community than anything else.

Don't be afraid to step out of your comfort zone, and don't take a moment for granted. It's over before you know it!
Sara

Creative Internship in Berlin!

I'm really grateful because taking part in ABI gave me the nudge I'd always needed to finally move abroad and start my life in a new country. I will always cherish the program for that. Laura is a real powerhouse and any conversation with her feels deeply empowering. Ginda is also very responsive, supportive and overall helpful.

I never felt alone, I do still sense the presence of the ABI network around me and I will never stop thanking all the members of the staff for their outstanding patience and support.

My internship was very intense! I had the opportunity to meet and work with a wide range of artists as well as the honour to hear their insights on their work, I helped set up and promote different exhibitions, took part in studio visits and even had a pretty fun work trip to Ansbach.

You have to put in the work if you want to have an unforgettable, long lasting experience. What's certain is ABI really gives you all the tools and feedback you need to succeed.

Don't take for granted the many opportunities this program offers you, cherish and make the most out of them
Jackson

Wonderful Program for International Arts Internships

Artbound Initiative is a wonderful program for students or recent graduates in the arts looking for internships abroad. The process of arranging visas and housing was so helpful and easy, and the coaching really prepared me for putting myself out there in the professional world and landing an internship. I did my internship in Berlin, and would not have had the materials or connections to do so had it not been for Artbound Initiative helping me throughout the process. The experience as a whole was wonderful and I would highly recommend to anyone interested!

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would go out and do more, it's very easy to get caught up in a routine and forget you're in a cool new city with so many things to do!
Jack

Art Bound Initiative Berlin Internship Review

This experience allowed me to network with young artistic professionals from all around the world while still in undergrad. I received a great internship at a leading contemporary gallery in Berlin and was able to utilize all of my skills in writing, management, marketing, and general knowledge of contemporary art. Housing and insurance were adequately provided through ABI, and it was nice knowing that I always had that support. Since there were other ABI participants in the apartment building, making friends was no issue.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Going to gallery openings with famous curators, artists, and gallerists and learning how to stay confident and polite.
Arianna

Great experience in Berlin

I interned with ABI this summer 2021 season with artist duo Jeschkelanger. It was a great to have hands-on experience at an artist studio straight out of university. While I was there, they worked mostly with just commissioned pieces so I was able to learn the overall structure from customer to idea scheming to construction to delivery. The environment was very amicable and down to earth.

Berlin is a great city for students and rising artists as wherever you go it is filled with both rich history but also a very vivid art scene. I can most definitely say I enjoyed my time there!

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would definitely would have wished to have seen the city a bit more. I think I was very focused on my internship that I did not give the city as much attention as I wish I had, but the moment I did see were absolutely fantastic and memorable.
Soleil

Studio Assistant

I worked for Wolfgang Stiller and was his assistant in his studio. I helped package art and make the boxes that ended up being sold or shipped to galleries all over the world. I learned how to make/ prepare molds which was new since I never learned sculpture until now. As well got some jobs around berlin in the art scene like working/hosting gallery opening in a middle of a pandemic. (safely of course) I highly recommend this internish to anyone who feels like they need an extra boost. It worth your time to check out ABI especially if your thinking of using art in your everyday career.

What was the most surprising thing you saw or did?
The amount of raves thta happen in the street randomly was very fun to watch.