View Other Details
Improve your Italian language proficiency, develop professional skills in the global workplace, and provide substantive work experience to jump-start your career in today's competitive job market with an internship abroad.
We will work with you to help find the closest match between your expressed preferences and professional goals with what’s available via IES Internships in Rome. Before you leave for your internship, we will prepare you for working in a new cultural environment, including helping you fine-tune your résumé, perfect your cover letter, and work on your communication and interview skills.
Housing is included in the program costs, and you will live with other IES Internships students in a furnished apartment with the option to live with local university students. Spend your free time exploring Rome, one of the most photogenic cities in the world, with its beautiful piazzas; breathtaking statues, parks cathedrals, and fountains; and winding historic streets.
- Before you go, we work with you to fine-tune your rsum, perfect your cover letter, and hone your communication and interview skills as we prepare you for working in a new cultural environment.
- You'll be guaranteed a placement at a local business or organization where you will work up to 40 hours a week.
- Develop your professional skills and gain substantive work experience to jump-start your career in today's competitive job market.
- Live with other IES interns, or have the option of living with a local university student, which provides more opportunities to engage in local culture and activities.
- Get to know Rome through extracurricular activities and cultural events.
Our Rome Summer Internship Program offers placement opportunities at a variety of businesses, educational organizations, non-profits, and political organizations. You will also enroll in a required 3-credit academic internship seminar with other IES interns that will give context to what you're learning and doing at your internship placement. Upon arrival, you'll attend an orientation, which gives an introduction to Rome, commuting, cultural expectations, your internship position, and housing.
Get practical experience through a full-time semester internship in Rome, where you're guaranteed placement with at least 25 hours per week for more than three months. You also will enroll in a required 3-credit academic internship seminar, conducted in English, which covers a variety of local business settings and opportunities. Upon arrival, you'll attend an orientation, which gives an introduction to Rome, commuting, cultural expectations, your internship position, and housing.
IES Abroad Scholarships and Financial Aid
Financial limitations shouldn't prevent you from studying abroad with us. That's why IES Abroad offers more than $6 million in scholarships and aid. IES Abroad offers a number of diversity scholarships and grants to provide opportunities for traditionally underrepresented communities in study abroad.