GVI: Internships in Laos

GVI: Internships in Laos

We are proud to launch our new GVI Business Internships Abroad!

Business Internships Abroad are a great way to apply your business management and leadership skills, explore the world, experience new cultures, contribute to a sustainable cause and kickstart your career!

An international internship is a great way to gain work experience, boost your resume, explore a new culture and way of life while contributing to global issues across a variety of fields.

Come develop your teamwork and leadership skills as your immerse yourself in an insightful internship in the cultural country of Laos.

We currently only offer one internship in Laos: a valuable Teaching Internship providing a training period of 12 weeks where you'll be working Monday - Friday at a school in Luang Prabang. You'll be teaching English and managing volunteer teaching projects. Not only will you gain relevant work experience, but you'll be positively contributing to the local community.

• Short Term Teaching Internship in Laos: Work with the local community, teach English and kick-start your career in education. Stay in the beautiful Luang Prabang, UNESCO Heritage listed city, soaking up the culture and helping to develop the community. This internship in Laos offers you a chance to gain practical teaching experience while steering your career in the right direction.

Uh oh, we couldn't find the answer either! Click here to contact the program directly:: https://www.gviusa.com/contact-us/

Six amazing months

For the last three months of my internship, GVI sent me to Nam Thuam in the north of Luang Prabang province. I stayed at a private primary school where I taught children as well as a class for high schoolers after school. It's a little isolating but also an incredible opportunity. At most there is one other foreigner out there which might seem daunting but really helps with immersion. The Lao English teacher speaks great English but everyone else speaks Lao so it really forces you to work on your Lao language skills as well as charades and other forms of communication. All the primary school teachers are wonderful people (even if they are a little shy), a lot are trying to learn English. The family that runs the school includes you in their family outings to visit family and go to Lao weddings. I still have so much love for everyone there.

by sending both interns out to Nam Thuam at the same time for all three months.

Bor pen nyang (no problem/worries) Internship

I interned with GVI Laos from January to June 16 and found it a totally positive experience. With the calm and happy temperament of the country, the supportive but hands off (if desired) staff and the eager and non-judgmental students, this was the ideal internship for me to build my confidence and skills.
I was fully prepared for the placement in rural (ish) Laos and only regret that I had leave.

If possible increase the length of the placement part of the internship.

About Global Vision International (GVI)

GVI is an award-winning organisation that tackles critical local and global issues by operating education and training programs on sustainable development projects around the world.

Formed in 1997, we have been operating our award-winning...