Develop your skills in international communication, teaching, and women’s empowerment initiatives, by engaging collaboratively on various projects. This could include content creation, event management, workshop facilitation, and language classes.
Receive leadership qualifications and TEFL training, and increase your soft skills to add to your CV. Each project has short, mid, and long-term objectives that measure against the 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals.
When you aren’t working, take a trip to the effervescent blue cascades of Kuang Si waterfalls, or watch the sunrise over the Mekong River from the top of Mount Phousi, with the option to visit several temples on your way down.
- Live and work in Luang Prabang, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, visiting opulent and age-old Buddhist temples, caves, and waterfalls in your free time.
- Make a sustainable and ethical impact in your chosen focus by contributing to the UN SDGs.
- Gain leadership qualifications, improve your skills, and update your CV with hands-on experience.
- Meet people from all around the world, and connect with local community members to learn more about local cultural practices and linguistics.
- Gain confidence in your chosen career with a greater knowledge of global sustainable development issues.
GVI has a Community Development Internship in Thailand!
This is an opportunity to learn more about Chiang Mai's local Karen hill tribe culture, gaining intercultural communication skills and valuable teaching experience.
Based in Northern Laos, Luang Prabang, collaborate with other international interns, community partners, and GVI staff for content creation for English classes, media-focused tasks such as event management, and organizing workshops. You will be contributing to the UN Sustainable Development Goal 4: Quality Education, and Goal 8: Decent Work And Economic Growth. At the same time, this is an opportunity to grow your own skills and improve your CV for future career opportunities.
Receive your ILM Endorsed Leadership Certificate, when you participate in this GVI internship. You will gain practical experience teaching English to children and young adults, while living in a UNESCO listed World Heritage site, Luang Prabang. Your efforts contribute to long-term objectives and support the UN Sustainable Development Goal 4: Quality Education.
Kickstart your career in sustainable community development by gaining hands-on experience assisting GVI staff and local teachers. Together you will conduct health and life skills workshops, teach English classes, and hold discussions on gender equality with local women. Your efforts support the UN Sustainable Development Goal 5: Gender Equality.