IAESTE Paid Internships for Students in Technical Fields

IAESTE Paid Internships for Students in Technical Fields

Sharpen your skills and expand your world view with IAESTE United States!

The IAESTE United States internship placement program matches U.S. university students majoring in technical fields with PAID internships from a network of 80 countries around the world.

Interning abroad provides students opportunities to immerse themselves in a new culture and environment, while gaining practical experience in an international setting. Spend your summer interning abroad through IAESTE -- or longer!

• PAID internships in your field of study
  • Flexible placements: 8-12 week summer internships, as well as fall and longer-term placements available.
  • Housing arranged by an in-country support team
  • We provide support with work permits, visas, etc.
  • You'll get networking activities and organized cultural excursions, as well as membership in the thriving IAESTE alumni network!
North America » United States of America
Statement of Purpose
Resume
Cover Letter
Phone / Skype Interview
You are also responsible for the cost of transportation to and from your host country, health insurance, visa fees (if applicable), and other incidental expenses.

Chinomso
Bozeman
Montana State- Bozeman

Interning Abroad

I was excited to travel to Europe for the first time, and it really was a wonderful experience. I enjoyed the community, friendship, support and mentorship of my supervisor. I also got some time to travel to other countries (sharing God's word) and meeting lots of people.

I think the joint meetings held for trainees from across Europe could have been tuned towards sharing of experiences, fun adventures, personal development programs etc. These activities would be more profitable to the participants than partying and youthful exuberant behaviors.

Kurt
State College, PA
Pennsylvania State University

Your experience is up to you

What you make of the experience is entirely up to you. With the local committees there is a diverse set individuals all going through similar experiences so it's possible to make group travel plans and just socialize. Being abroad allowed lots of time to make plans and travel. I was able to travel to 3 different countries other than my host country just though weekend trips which led to many great experiences.

I think the whole experience could be improved if it were possible to get final confirmation sooner. For my trip I only had about 2 weeks notice to book a flight.

Feiyu
Blacksburg, Virginia
Virginia Tech

IAESTE Internship in Germany

I think my internship is a rewarding experience for me. I have not only gained practical experience related to my major, but also traveled to many cool places in Germany. IAESTE German LC committee has organized those trips pretty well and made them affordable. The fun part is to meet interns from all over the world, to learn and experience a different culture in the host country.

I think the program can be improved if the waiting process is a little less stressful. When the wait for confirmation takes a long time, it is hard to plan alternatives for the summer for the student.

Erin
New Orleans, Louisiana
Tulane University

Great Experience!

Going to Brazil was a highlight of my time in graduate school. From beginning to end, the staff was extremely helpful and involved in the quality of my time spent abroad. The placement itself was incredible, in a great city, and within a group that included other international students. The time spent working was supplemented by personal time to explore the local environs and other cities around the country, some of which included meetings with colleagues that expanded my professional network. Hands down, I would jump at the opportunity to participate in this program again and recommend it to anybody wishing to visit a foreign country, immerse themselves in a new culture, and gain experience in an international setting.

My housing accommodation was a bit far from where I was working and from other students at the school. The only thing I would change about the program would be to be more diligent in setting up housing amongst other international students, within or outside of the IAESTE program.

Behrang
Chicago, IL
University of Illinois- Urbana-Champaign

Serious internships, serious experience!

As an active member of IAESTE in their UIUC chapter, I've been on their program two times because the process is so simple, straightforward, and legitimate. Be aware that the program quality will depend on the city you are going to:

In Muscat, Oman, the experience was a solid 10/10. Housing was clean, there were 40 of us interns, food was delivered to our doorstep, we were driven to our offices and had programs every weekend. Wonderful bonding experience and a legit company.

In Hanoi, Vietnam, the experience was certainly rougher and required far more independence and survival skills. Still, it was a lifechanging 2 semesters, and previous interns are always there for support. I believe IAESTE has cut ties with this office, which proves they are looking out for us.

Make sure that the conditions of the area are good, and solid descriptions are available, and we can contact the folks on-site before arrival. (perhaps even other interns)

Response from Cultural Vistas

Serious (and paid!) internships and serious experience -- that's a wonderful summation for many of our programs.

We're thrilled to hear that you had a rewarding experience, and twice took part in IAESTE.

One unique aspect of our programs is that they encourage personal growth and independence, which at times means a bit less hand-holding, but more often than not makes for an ultimately more rewarding experience.

As you mentioned, we always have the interests and well-being of our participants top of mind, so we are glad you found the support network fruitful.

Gorazd
United Kingdom

Experience of a lifetime!

I was IAESTE Slovakia member for 5 full years and during my time, I was given opportunity to go on 2 internships in very different cities. My first internship in Skopje, Macedonia, at a age of 20 was my first experience with living abroad on my own, but friendly and very helpful members of IAESTE Macedonia always made sure, that I would have only great memories and get the best of my time in their country. Fear of unknown, which many young people facing, changed into hunger for new adventures and eventually I was able go on another internship, this time to New York City.

Coming from very small village in Slovakia I always wanted to experience big city life and thanks to an IAESTE, another of my dreams came true for me. Living in New York City was whole different, than anything I experienced ever before, but I always found people from IAESTE USA (and Cultural Vistas) very helpful with all challenges I faced.

Since, I have experienced IAESTE program as an intern and also as a reception coordinator, I am very positive, that everybody, who will pick IAESTE internship in effort to make step forward in personal and professional development will be highly satisfied.

Founded in 1963, Cultural Vistas is a nonprofit exchange organization promoting global understanding and collaboration among individuals and institutions. We develop international professional experiences that create more informed, skilled, and engaged citizens. Our programs empower people to drive positive change in themselves, their organizations, and