Internship in Japan by Asia Internship Program

Japan is an incredibly unique country renowned for its big cities, diverse landscapes and distinct traditional culture. A pioneer in modern technology, it dominates in the Information Technology sector. Popular industries for internships include Manufacturing, Import Export, and Engineering.

We at AIP give those who desire to develop work experience in an international environment the opportunity to do so. Our team are dedicated in making this experience as pleasant as possible, providing you the internship of your design guaranteed to build a foundation for your career.

Our programs also offer the following:
- Career Training
- Activities with other interns
- Study Space
- Language Classes
- Trips to explore Japan

Notice: the tuition fee consists of a customized internship, housing, professional networking, and more. Each internship is unpaid due to foreign countries' regulations

• Customized Internship
  • Career Training
  • On Site Staff + Travel Insurance + 24/7 Emergency Support
  • International Parties With Foreign And Japanese Interns
  • Free Online Japanese Classes

Nikas

Adventuring in Japan

Japan is a very interesting place and AIP did their very best to assist me with the transition of being a fresh graduate to finding and securing my first internship within Asia.

At first, it didn't look good with the amount of time it took to find one but once things started getting going it was very quick in regards scheduling and the feedback provided from my Rep.

Once I was in Japan things went by so fast in terms of the work as the company I was interning at had a few projects going on and they dropped me into the heart of everything. (joining in on Meetings and conference calls, shadowing my supervisors and assisting with daily tasks and of course my own personal projects.)

A few things could be different as the accommodation isn't the best but I felt comfortable after a while. For the people who are picky eaters, I would recommend Bareburger in near Sukiya Dori street.

Have the accommodation be a little more suitable for interns in Japan.
Nikas

Adventuring in Japan

Have the accommodation be a little more suitable for the interns in Japan.
Lucas

Review

You may think that Japan is only known for their cultures of manga, and weird shows. However, Japan has more than that to offer. Night and day are like a different culture where you may question yourself if you are in the right place.

As a product design intern, I would have to learn all about the culture. I was required to know how the products are manufactured. After that, I have to understand how the product’s appearance can affect the usability. Is it too big? Does it feel weird to hold it, or use it?

I gained insight on how to gather and analyze data from customer’s feedback. I was really surprised by the fact that you can sleep during working hours and nobody gives you a bad remark. I soon later learned that it was normal because people would work late, and go back to sleep for a couple of hours and get ready for work.

I really enjoy eating sushi. It was freshly served with raw fish that is only prepared when your order has gone through. Although, it may seem like sushi is a common food from series, or restaurants outside of Japan; it is not really common. I ate sushi using wooden chopsticks and the chief was staring at me as though I did something wrong. It was later when I understood why he was acting that way. Sushi was meant to be eaten with your hands.

If you don’t like sushi or raw fish; you can go for noodle-based food. Yakisoba and ramen are more commonly eaten. It’s fast, and filling for people that just want to get a quick bite and continue with their work.

I really haven’t traveled outside of Tokyo as I was really busy with my internship. With this internship experience; it taught me to manage my time better.

I think an introductory course when interns first arrive would be really beneficial
Matt

Review of Japan internship by AIP

AIP does a good job with their services. I really enjoyed my time with the company they connected me with. The internship provided me with what I was looking for, international work experience in an international company in Tokyo. I chose to go to Japan for two reasons; firstly, Japan is one of the world’s leading countries in IT. Secondly, the Japanese work culture is one that is unique. Incredibly disciplined and focused in nature, entwining myself with the same discipline, I believe, would only be of benefit to me and my own work ethics.

AIP’s best feature, in my opinion, was their 24/7 emergency availability. With AIP’s guidance, I was able to get to know a little bit of the culture before arriving which made transitioning a lot easier. Their guidebook and welcome pack were definitely useful for someone new to the country. It was also great knowing they were always contactable for any troubles I may have whilst abroad.

omething they could improve on would be the locations of their AIP accommodations in the city. With accommodation, AIP chooses which accommodations we will be staying at depending on the location of our internship. However, I still found my apartment quite far from the office. It would’ve been a lot more convenient if it were somewhat closer.
Tesa

Completely new experience in Japan!

Having the opportunity to intern at a digital marketing agency in Tokyo, Japan was one of the coolest experiences I've had. I did a 3 month internship over the summer and it couldn't have been possible without AIP. So I have never been outside of North America and at first the thought of going overseas was pretty intimidating. I've been to Mexico and the Dominican Republic with my family but going on the other side of the world by myself was a HUGE step for me. The reason I wanted to go to Japan is because I'm so interested in the culture. I absolutely love the food and always go for Sushi on the weekends with my sister. My parents wanted me to have a reason to go to Japan before they would help me pay and when I told them about AIP, they were surprisingly supportive. When I was interviewing with AIP, they were very helpful in giving me guidance. I wanted to do something with social media marketing and they suggested that I pursue an internship with a digital marketing agency. It was a really interesting experience because my supervisor would take me to client meetings and they would discuss what kind of marketing plan they needed for their particular services. It was very eye-opening to see what actually goes on behind the scenes for marketing plans and strategies. My main duties were to assist the creative teams with the content and also analyzing data. Outside of my internship I was able to travel to some other places like Mt. Fuji, Osaka, and Kyoto. I'm a crazy foodie so I was so excited to try all of the real Japanese food and not the westernized stuff. I totally fell in love with those cute ramen shops where you fill out the little menu and the server brings your ramen through a little window (you don't even get to see what they look like). That was pretty interesting and cool at the same time. My time in Japan went by so fast and I can't wait to go back and visit some other places.

I think it would be great to see more events organised especially cultural ones!
Kevin

Fab Japan

The idea of going to Japan has always appealed to me, I started reading Manga in about 2015 so it’s been in my head at least since then. I had lived in Thailand for a year before this experience but I didn’t want to live there again, I wanted to live somewhere new.

The reason I decided to apply to the AIP programme as opposed to other internship companies is because they were one of the only companies that offered Japan and the flexibility of dates really boded in my favour.

My organisation and planning kinda let me down. I should have learned off a few everyday phrases and words, even just asking for the bathroom would have been handy to be able to say. I picked up bits and pieces here and there but nothing significant.

Naturally, I was super nervous flying there, I didn’t sleep a wink the night before. Sure, it wasn’t my first time moving to Asia but it was my first time doing something like this on my own. I booked a hostel

(Space Hostel) for a couple of days while looking for an apartment, another instance my organization let me down, it would have been more ideal to have my apartment sorted before arriving.

My company was great, I acted as a content creator for their blog and their social media platforms. I also did a lot of proofreading which maybe wasn’t the most exciting but I think it’s good experience to see the common mistakes made by Japanese people. I was delighted to make my own promotional blog series while I was there also.

I got on great with my colleagues too, they were super lovely and welcoming people and very helpful whenever I had any questions and they showed me some great little holes-in-the-walls to eat at for lunch time!

Japan is such a great place, my favourite part being the food, good lord I miss the food! Special thanks to AIP for helping me on my journey!

I actually attend Griffith College but the form for review writing would not allow me to select that no matter how may variations I tried.
Edwina

Finally off to Japan!

3 months of great experience and joy in Japan in financial industry was just a dream that suddenly came true with help and guidance of Asia Internship Program. Since I was a kid, I was a big fan of Japanese culture, such as anime and manga, and I gave myself a promise that will visit Japan, Tokyo specifically. During my studies in my University I was introduced by the career hub in my University that there is a program (Asia Internship Program) that can assist me with arrangement of my internship in Japan, with reasonable price. Without any hesitation I visit a website of the program where I found a lot of testimonials and detailed information of internship experience. By following a very simple process, I got interviewed by two companies. Unfortunately the first company I got an interview with, didn’t match my expectation, so I explained my concerns to AIP staff and they arranged second interview shortly with exactly the company of my choice. The visa process was supported and guided by AIP as well, so takes me way faster than if I would do it myself, without any additional fees. Overall I managed to combine pleasure of being in Japan and experience the country’s culture, as well as gaining practical knowledge and experience in multinational finance institution. I am extremely glad that my University introduced me to Asia Internship Program and really grateful to AIP staff that helped me to find exact expectation of my internship and experience in Japan.

Maybe better company matching as my first interview wasn't perfect.
and more events :D
Dom

Journalism internship in the heart of Tokyo

I had thought about life in Japan for a couple of years before I finally decided to go there while on summer break form Uni. I remember I was a little bit too excited when I submitted my application.

I chose AIP mostly because other internship providers in Japan required you to be there for a specific start and end date which didn’t fit in with the allotted time given from my University.

My biggest regret was not taking the initiative to learn some of the Japanese language because I feel like I would have gotten a bit more of an immersive experience if I did. I was there for a grand total of six weeks before I even learned hello or thank you which I am pretty embarrassed about but realistically no one expected me to speak it.

When I stepped off the plane in Tokyo airport I was super nervous, I stayed in a hostel called Hop Step Inn for a few days while I looked for accommodation - a lovely hostel in a great location btw! I think this was one of my better ideas because I met some really nice backpackers from Germany!

I gotta admit that on my first day I was pretty nervous but I wasn't there a week before I felt completely relaxed. During my time there I created content for their blog and social media outlets and as one of the only native English speakers in the company I did a lot of proofreading and editing of the other staff’s work. I loved my work there and the staff are great people, I wasn’t expecting the responsibility of making my own promotional blog series so I was delighted with that. The other interns in the company who started a few weeks before me were some really lovely and helpful people!

Japan itself is an amazing place, the food was particularity amazing - my new obsession is jiggly cheese cake. The overall experience was well worth the trip!

I would like to see more information on the different packages prior to coming as I may have wanted to opt for a different package that included accommodation.