Mountain Leader Internship in the Himalayas

Set ambitious goals, push your own limits and reach new heights in life. Practice your leadership skills while trekking in the Himalayas!

Take the opportunity to learn about the guide profession and the outdoors.
The program covers planning and preparations, risk assessment, safety, hospitality and team work.

While trekking amongst the world's highest mountain in Nepal you gain experience in the outdoor field, as well as, focus on personal development, communication and problem solving skills.

The program has a component of giving back, where the student participates in a grass root sustainability project.

• Reach new heights trekking in the Himalayas.
  • Build confidence and develop personally.
  • Make new friends and work in a team.
  • Discover new cultures and learn about another way of life.
  • Exciting adventure in a stunning part of the world.

Abby

Amazing Learning Experience

This experience was the best I could imagine. I learned more than I thought possible, while being supported by the best group of Nepali interns. Ram and Xenia are very intelligent and will help you every step of the way. They are easy to talk to and very informative. The raft guides, the Nepali interns, are also extremely sweet and will help and support you. They are also very keen to teach you the Nepali language! I love this camp and the people working here. Furthermore, I was pleasantly surprised that your internship/volunteer experience can be adjusted to your needs. There is experience with sustainability promotion, with rafting, with running a camp and being a host, everything. This was truly the most amazing experience of my life and I highly highly recommend it! I can’t wait to come back myself!

Upon asking, I received all the information I wanted. But maybe I could’ve received more specific details about what was expected of me before I asked. Besides this, I can’t think of anything; the experience was amazing!