Virtual Internships Abroad

Virtual Internships with Learn International
Virtual Internships with Learn International

In a world that is changing by the day, set within a global crisis that is changing by the minute, the need for businesses to rely on technology and remote communication is critical. While the rest of the world is required to work from home where possible, this is your chance to gain real-life experience working as part of an essential remote team for a company that has had to do it out of necessity. Hone your technology skills while learning from people working in your field of interest.

• Guaranteed internship placement with remote mentoring
  • Relevant remote work experience to enhance your resume for graduate school and the professional world.
  • Orientation and support for the duration of the programme
  • Get an international experience without having to travel

Sheila

Virtual Internship Spring 2020 Ireland

Due to Covid-19, my internship changed from in-person to remote. I was very happy that my internship placement worked with me to continue my internship and not postpone my initial plans. My virtual internship allowed me to gain knowledge and skills pertaining to my career plan. I was able to take on independent projects and feel apart of the company team. Communication was fluid with morning team calls, quick email responses, daily check ins with my supervisor and weekly check ins with company co-founders.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
The most nerve-racking moment was during the COVID-19 outbreak. I was uncertain about my internship going forward. I was anticipating how this would effect my internship. I kept open communication with my supervisor and host company co-founders and expressed my interest to keep my internship. They were open about the change of continuing virtually and also answered all my questions about what a virtual internship will look like.