GE Virtuoso: Virtual International Internships

Are you a self-motivated and independent student looking to become a global citizen? Want to gain professional work experience without traveling far? With Global Experiences Virtuoso, we can be together, at a distance.

Meet GE Virtuoso: Virtual International Internships. With GE Virtuoso, you can put accessibility and mobility concerns aside and develop a meaningful professional connection with an international company. Here, you will gain the skills necessary to thrive in today's economy, including digital literacy, cross-cultural communication, time management, and much more.
Our virtual internship program allows you to gain the same benefits from working with an international company, and access to our career coaching and professional development program - plus extra benefits of it being affordable, flexible, and environmentally friendly.

• Gain international work experience in the comfort of your home.
  • Guarantee a remote Internship with an international employer.
  • Receive CliftonStrengths Online Assessment, Professional Coaching Call, and Résumé and Cover Letter Support.
  • Take advantage of Individual Program Advising and a Group Tutorial on Teleworking.
  • Make the most of your experience with Internship Monitoring and Virtual Check-Ins.

• Content 9.9
  • Engagement 10
  • Platform 9.9
Hannah

Career-Boosting

I learned so much during my virtual internship. This was a great way to get my foot in the door and gain some entry-level knowledge in my field, as well as connect with people across the globe over weekly zoom meetings. Even virtually, I was able to network and am still in contact with people that I had the chance to work with. The staff at GE is incredibly supportive as well, and I would highly recommend working with them for either a virtual or in-person internship opportunity. A great experience overall.

Emma

GE Virtual Internship Experience

I had the best experience with Global Experiences. I was able to do an amazing virtual internship abroad, whilst learning about the fundamentals of working from home. The GE team provided me with advice as to how to work at my best from home, as well as learn more about the culture of the country I was interning in. The check in sessions gave us the opportunity to ask questions and for advice.Overall, I definetly recommend this program for anyone who wants to learn about different cultures and have an amazing internship at the same time.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Working from home was definetly a challenge. However, the GE team provided me with enough support to overcome this challenge. Overall, as you go through the program you learn more and more about the fundamentals of a virtual internship.
Kate

Great program while working from home!

I really enjoyed this virtual internship. It was a great way to make the most of my time while taking classes at home. I added to my resume and learned a lot about the industry I was in.

All of the staff working at Global Experiences are also so nice and caring. You can tell they love what they do. We had regular virtual check-in's that were a great way to network, share experiences, and get to know others in the program.

I would highly recommend this internship to anyone wanting a more flexible internship or someone who's schedule doesn't accommodate for them going abroad.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Communication can be hard to sort out at the start of any virtual internship. This unfamiliar working style was the most nerve-racking part. After a few weeks you will get the hang of it and things will be great.
Juwana

A Rewarding Experience!

My experience doing a virtual internship was a great experience. I feel as though I learned a lot about the workforce. I've also developed a lot of skills. I think this experience was very unique because how often can you write on your resume that you've worked with an organization aboard! I worked with an Italian Non-profit organization and I think that it will be a outstanding asset to my resume. I think anyone who has the opportunity to do this, should definitely do it. I think it will set you apart from others when apply to future jobs! I am happy I took a chance on this opportunity! I am excited for my future, I think my internship helped me figure out my career path moving forward!

Cheers!

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
I think one of the most nerve-racking moments I experienced was not knowing Italian. I felt very worried about not knowing the language. However, once I began the internship, I realized how similar the dialect of French is to the Italian language. Overtime, I was able to pick up on language and I am now familiar with some Italian words!
Stephanie

Intern

My experience was truly invaluable and has helped to confirm what I would like my career to be in the future. Additionally, it has helped to confirm that I would like to work with NGOs in the future as well possible working to help positively effect policy. I got placed with a great company, I learned a great deal and I couldn't have asked for a better or more valuable experience during my internship. My internship truly prepared me for my future career and I couldn't be more grateful. Thanks Global Experiences!

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Learning how to write blogs and op-eds with my own "voice", not just a research paper. I had a wonderful staff and supervisors who guided me on how to showcase my voice in my writing.
Diane

Global Experiences

This is a very good program to intern abroad and gain professional development skills throughout your journey. The internship process is very thorough and you learn a lot throughout the process. They offer many events, such as networking, cultural, and professional development sessions. All of these events offer advice that you cannot find anywhere else. The professional development sessions are my favorite. Definitely take advantage of these events as you can use their information to your advantage when you are job and internship searching.

Jasmin

Engaging and Enriching Experience!

Despite the circumstances of COVID-19, Global Experiences has provided me with a invaluable opportunity that has allowed me to be productive and stay focused on upskilling and gaining professional experience with an international company. It has been such a unique learning experience and I really enjoyed the how engaging and enriching the whole process was. I thoroughly enjoy my internship and it has definitely increased my industry knowledge for which I’m grateful for. The support system at GE is amazing and they have provided me with great guidance throughout my journey!

Taylor

Internship Success!

I was very excited to go abroad and study in Ireland, but with the effects of Covid-19, my plant changed. It still ended up being such an incredible experience that I would not take back for anything. I loved the start-up company that I worked for in Barcelona called, Ecolocal Market, and am so glad I had this opportunity. The founders of Ecolocal who I worked with were incredible and very helpful in helping integrate into the company for the summer. I would not have wanted to be paired with anyone else. I even decided to stay on past the internship date to help them more! If you are on the fence about doing an abroad experience with Global Experiences (GE) do not hesitate and go for it! I had an amazing time with a completely virtual experience, so I know that an in-person experience would be a once-in-a-lifetime experience!

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
The most nerve-wracking thing was feeling confused and a little behind due to the time difference and the complete online experience. There was several times, where I would stay up very late just to make sure that things were done at the proper time for Spain. I know this wasn't required, but it felt important to me. I really struggled at times with feeling like I wasn't doing enough or wasn't completely in the loop, but I realized that my team understood that and was willing to be flexible and accomdating. This was very encouraging and I couldn't have gotten a better placement. This opportunity, while it was a challenge, was something that really helped pushed me out of my comfort zones and made me more confident in myself. I am so glad I had this opportunity, thank you Global Experiences!