• Online
Industry
Accounting Advertising Art History Arts Business Communications Computer Science Criminal Justice Design Economics Engineering Fashion Design Finance International Business International Relations Marketing Media Relations Psychology Startups Technology +10

Program Details

Compensation
Unpaid
Year Round
Feb 15, 2021
May 07, 2021

Are you a self-motivated and independent student looking to become a global citizen? Want to gain professional work experience without traveling far? With Global Experiences Virtuoso, we can be together, at a distance.

Meet GE Virtuoso: Virtual International Internships. With GE Virtuoso, you can put accessibility and mobility concerns aside and develop a meaningful professional connection with an international company. Here, you will gain the skills necessary to thrive in today's economy, including digital literacy, cross-cultural communication, time management, and much more.
Our virtual internship program allows you to gain the same benefits from working with an international company, and access to our career coaching and professional development program - plus extra benefits of it being affordable, flexible, and environmentally friendly.

Program Highlights

• Gain international work experience in the comfort of your home.
  • Guarantee a remote Internship with an international employer.
  • Receive CliftonStrengths Online Assessment, Professional Coaching Call, and Résumé and Cover Letter Support.
  • Take advantage of Individual Program Advising and a Group Tutorial on Teleworking.
  • Make the most of your experience with Internship Monitoring and Virtual Check-Ins.

Global Experiences Generation Study Abroad Scholarship

Global Experiences offers scholarships for both summer and semester terms in any of the organization’s 11 global cities. They are currently accepting applications for summer and fall 2021 and 2022. Full scholarships are available for semester-long programs, with special consideration given to those who are underrepresented in study abroad programs. Global Experiences also contributes to those who receive a Pell Grant or Benjamin A. Gillman scholarship, for both in person and virtual programs.

$500 - $3,000

• Content 9.9
  • Engagement 10
  • Platform 9.8
Joseph

Great interactive learning

Great program selection and preparation, especially for those looking for an international opportunity. Meetings with representatives were informative and engaging. Focus on resume building, skill development, reflection , and concept to apply to work. Would highly recommend to any student, graduate, or young person to gain professional skills and experience. Very easily traversable in terms of application, status, and work. Documents provided aided in working for interviews, professional character, and how to be a good intern.

Marcus Dzuong Thien

amazing experience

I had an amazing learning experience meeting new people. I had the opportunity to learn new skills. When I was in the class I learn about different cultures that people were from. Everyone was nice to welcome me into the zoom class. I got the help that I needed when I asked about anything. During my time there, I am proud to take this global experience virtual internship to help me with my career. Carmen always put us in these breakout rooms to get to know each other and I learned about the diversities that people were from. If my friends ask me about what internships they should apply for I would recommend this internship to anyone. If someone I do not know but is in the university I would also tell them to apply to this global experience virtual internship. I learned about connecting with more people on LinkedIn because I believe that you would be hired more if you have more connections. I would like to apply to where my dad works: the World Bank as a chief financial officer. I hope to get more experience applying to that job or My favorite soccer team financial team, Manchester United.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would have liked to find an experience who pays hourly
Josh

Good experience despite the pandemic

This was a good program over all. As for myself, I was a bit older than most also the pandemic has not been helping things like international internships. Despite this, I was able to make valuable connections with my company and have valuable experience that has also led to a career prospect (again, looking at the recovery from the global pandemic).

If your program is remote like mine was, you can still get a chance to encounter a different culture vis the online meetings. Also, remember to establish connections for the years after your program. They may come to a good help in job searches later, and can even just be good friends to meet up with.

Hannah

Personal & Professional: Global Experiences helped me land my dream internship!

My internship was perfect! I knew I wanted to work at a university overseas and Global Experiences set me up with a perfect match: The Marino Institute of Education. In this role, I was able to connect with Irish students, professors, and alumni. I was able to think of new and innovative ways to promote the Educations Studies program.

The process of working with Global Experiences was easy and supportive! I loved meeting students from around the world and all of the professional development opportunities in the bi-weekly check-ins!

Really invest yourself into the program! Look for additional networking opportunities, attend presentations, ask someone if you can have an informational interview with them! This all helps enhance your experience!
Steve

Internship with Global Experiences

Getting an internship with Global Experience was an excellent opportunity! I got to work with Sprwt, a meal-prep company in New York City. Previously, I only had experience working with companies in the Washington, DC area. With the help of GE, I was able to broaden my horizons and learn about companies and leaders around the world. I also got to speak to other college students from countries places like Canada. Overall, I am very appreciative that I got a chance to be a part of Global Experiences.

Add more activities for the students to engage in.
Gail

A great experience!

I was really unsure of how much I would like this experience. In the end, the staff were what made this internship experience worth wild. Right after connecting with the company, they set up a variety of meetings for me to explain my interests and my goals for this internship. They actually listened and found me a great placement and remained supportive throughout the whole experience, constantly checking in and making sure I was getting the most out of it. I would 100% recommend this company. I was never left waiting or confused about next steps and was so pleased with the overall experience.

What was your funniest moment?
The bi-weekly check-ins were the most fun for me. We shared a lot of laughs over different experiences and it made me feel way more comfortable in my experiences.
Morgan

Opening up to new opportunities

Needed to fulfill a class requirement and GE was a huge help. They fulfilled a promise of ensuring that I get an internship by a certain date, which helped calm my nerves A LOT. The program was great in preparing me to interact with other cultures, which meant a lot to me. Not only because I wanted to be successful in my internship, but because I have not had the opportunity to travel outside the US and gain that experience. It helped me feel much more comfortable. The internship itself, at first it was somewhat difficult, but once I found my footing, I found myself being exposed to so many different learning opportunities. I am very content overall.

Taylor

A great way to connect online

I was hesitant at first, but GE paired me with a great company that gave me some really interesting and independent tasks! We also learnt a lot about marketing ourselves as ideal candidates for positions in the future, which was invaluable. Meeting new people in these sessions who were going through the same situation and also making the best out of it was great, so we got to connect with others who were as driven as we are, even in a global pandemic. I’d definitely recommend the experience!!!!!