GE Virtuoso: Virtual International Internships

Are you a self-motivated and independent student looking to become a global citizen? Want to gain professional work experience without traveling far? With Global Experiences Virtuoso, we can be together, at a distance.

Meet GE Virtuoso: Virtual International Internships. With GE Virtuoso, you can put accessibility and mobility concerns aside and develop a meaningful professional connection with an international company. Here, you will gain the skills necessary to thrive in today's economy, including digital literacy, cross-cultural communication, time management, and much more.
Our virtual internship program allows you to gain the same benefits from working with an international company, and access to our career coaching and professional development program - plus extra benefits of it being affordable, flexible, and environmentally friendly.

• Gain international work experience in the comfort of your home.
  • Guarantee a remote Internship with an international employer.
  • Receive CliftonStrengths Online Assessment, Professional Coaching Call, and Résumé and Cover Letter Support.
  • Take advantage of Individual Program Advising and a Group Tutorial on Teleworking.
  • Make the most of your experience with Internship Monitoring and Virtual Check-Ins.

No. This program sets you up with an internship in your chosen area of study. As with most internships, the work is not paid. You do still get career coaching from them while during your internship.

• Content 9.9
  • Engagement 10
  • Platform 9.8
Josh

Good experience despite the pandemic

This was a good program over all. As for myself, I was a bit older than most also the pandemic has not been helping things like international internships. Despite this, I was able to make valuable connections with my company and have valuable experience that has also led to a career prospect (again, looking at the recovery from the global pandemic).

If your program is remote like mine was, you can still get a chance to encounter a different culture vis the online meetings. Also, remember to establish connections for the years after your program. They may come to a good help in job searches later, and can even just be good friends to meet up with.

Hannah

Personal & Professional: Global Experiences helped me land my dream internship!

My internship was perfect! I knew I wanted to work at a university overseas and Global Experiences set me up with a perfect match: The Marino Institute of Education. In this role, I was able to connect with Irish students, professors, and alumni. I was able to think of new and innovative ways to promote the Educations Studies program.

The process of working with Global Experiences was easy and supportive! I loved meeting students from around the world and all of the professional development opportunities in the bi-weekly check-ins!

Really invest yourself into the program! Look for additional networking opportunities, attend presentations, ask someone if you can have an informational interview with them! This all helps enhance your experience!
1 person found this review helpful.
Steve

Internship with Global Experiences

Getting an internship with Global Experience was an excellent opportunity! I got to work with Sprwt, a meal-prep company in New York City. Previously, I only had experience working with companies in the Washington, DC area. With the help of GE, I was able to broaden my horizons and learn about companies and leaders around the world. I also got to speak to other college students from countries places like Canada. Overall, I am very appreciative that I got a chance to be a part of Global Experiences.

Add more activities for the students to engage in.
Gail

A great experience!

I was really unsure of how much I would like this experience. In the end, the staff were what made this internship experience worth wild. Right after connecting with the company, they set up a variety of meetings for me to explain my interests and my goals for this internship. They actually listened and found me a great placement and remained supportive throughout the whole experience, constantly checking in and making sure I was getting the most out of it. I would 100% recommend this company. I was never left waiting or confused about next steps and was so pleased with the overall experience.

What was your funniest moment?
The bi-weekly check-ins were the most fun for me. We shared a lot of laughs over different experiences and it made me feel way more comfortable in my experiences.
Morgan

Opening up to new opportunities

Needed to fulfill a class requirement and GE was a huge help. They fulfilled a promise of ensuring that I get an internship by a certain date, which helped calm my nerves A LOT. The program was great in preparing me to interact with other cultures, which meant a lot to me. Not only because I wanted to be successful in my internship, but because I have not had the opportunity to travel outside the US and gain that experience. It helped me feel much more comfortable. The internship itself, at first it was somewhat difficult, but once I found my footing, I found myself being exposed to so many different learning opportunities. I am very content overall.

Taylor

A great way to connect online

I was hesitant at first, but GE paired me with a great company that gave me some really interesting and independent tasks! We also learnt a lot about marketing ourselves as ideal candidates for positions in the future, which was invaluable. Meeting new people in these sessions who were going through the same situation and also making the best out of it was great, so we got to connect with others who were as driven as we are, even in a global pandemic. I’d definitely recommend the experience!!!!!

Nicole

Amazing internship!

My virtual internship placement was amazing, I love the company that I worked for which was in Barcelona. Global experiences, helped me a lot along the way, and future students interning with global experiences should know that no matter where is your internship, virtual or in person GE will make it the best experience you will ever have in an internship! I thought that a virtual internship would not be that engaging, but the support received by my supervisor of the company and GE, helped me and made me feel really excited about it, plus I learned a lot.

Mary-Lisa

Worth every penny!

Global Experiences is worth every penny, seriously!! There is so much value in this program. The advisors were all so kind, positive, and a joy to interact with every week! They made me feel motivated to keep going during this pandemic, and due to their support, I have successfully finished my internship having learned so many new skills that I can apply to my future careers and it has helped me narrow down my interests. I would 100% recommend this program to anyone looking to get guaranteed professional experience or anyone looking to find themselves in this world.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
My most nerve-racking moment during this program was when I had to learn about different cultures, especially the culture of London, UK. where my internship would be. I was so nervous that I would not adapt well to my internship culture, but I overcame this by trying my best, asking lots and lots of questions and staying as motivated as possible!