• Online
Industry
Accounting Advertising Art History Arts Business Communications Computer Science Criminal Justice Design Economics Engineering Fashion Design Finance International Business International Relations Marketing Media Relations Psychology Startups Technology +10

Program Details

Compensation
Unpaid
Year Round
Feb 15, 2021
Sep 30, 2021

Are you a self-motivated and independent student looking to become a global citizen? Want to gain professional work experience without traveling far? With Global Experiences Virtuoso, we can be together, at a distance.

Meet GE Virtuoso: Virtual International Internships. With GE Virtuoso, you can put accessibility and mobility concerns aside and develop a meaningful professional connection with an international company. Here, you will gain the skills necessary to thrive in today's economy, including digital literacy, cross-cultural communication, time management, and much more.
Our virtual internship program allows you to gain the same benefits from working with an international company, and access to our career coaching and professional development program - plus extra benefits of it being affordable, flexible, and environmentally friendly.

Program Highlights

• Gain international work experience in the comfort of your home.
  • Guarantee a remote Internship with an international employer.
  • Receive CliftonStrengths Online Assessment, Professional Coaching Call, and Résumé and Cover Letter Support.
  • Take advantage of Individual Program Advising and a Group Tutorial on Teleworking.
  • Make the most of your experience with Internship Monitoring and Virtual Check-Ins.

Global Experiences Generation Study Abroad Scholarship

Global Experiences offers scholarships for both summer and semester terms in any of the organization’s 11 global cities. They are currently accepting applications for summer and fall 2021 and 2022. Full scholarships are available for semester-long programs, with special consideration given to those who are underrepresented in study abroad programs. Global Experiences also contributes to those who receive a Pell Grant or Benjamin A. Gillman scholarship, for both in person and virtual programs.

$500 - $3,000

• Content 9.9
  • Engagement 9.9
  • Platform 9.7
Rivers

Great virtual experience

Becoming a virtual intern was not my plan initially but I believe it was the best option given the circumstances, and in retrospect I can say it has given me a new perspective in my professional life, not only because it was virtual but also because it was with an overseas company. Global Experiences continuously nourished this experience by providing supplemental videos, documents and meetings. They were constantly checking in and inquiring about the program and my work and responsibilities to ensure that it was a 10/10 experience, and it was!

What was your funniest moment?
In the beginning, my supervisor and I had a conversation about different languages as her primary language is Spanish and mine is English. After that, we would sign off our meetings in various ways, in English, spanish, german, etc. One time she suggested we use the idiom "see you later alligator." We laughed as we used it and continued to sign off with the idiom for the rest of the program.
Rebecca

Great Experience

This experience was great! Having different meetings with helpful input and discussion about resumes and work ethic really helped me get a better understanding of what to expect when entering the workforce. I felt as though I had a group of people behind me helping me all the way through this experience. I learned more about myself as an individual and as a worker and discovered my different strengths through this program. Overall, I had a wonderful experience and would recommend it to all students.

Be willing to step outside of your comfort zone and listen to others and get insights from as many people as you can! There are a bunch of interesting people to talk to that can really expand your horizons.
Chinmay

Global Experiences Virtual Internship Experience

The experience provided with a wide variety of information about places which I have never been to before. Observing and adsorbing cultures I have not yet witnessed in person. This was quite a unique opportunity. Sadly, if not for the pandemic, I might not have gotten this experience, as I may have been more busy with local matters, thus losing out on this opportunity. As such, a virtual internship is one of the most comfortable ways of learning about foreign cultures. It saves you the hassle of travelling and immigration, while still providing plenty of interactions with the local public there.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
When I had to complete my research about agricultural policies of two cities within a week, but I had only managed to finish the first one by Thursday. I ended doing an article search for the same city as well to reduce the weekly load. And continued the policy + article research work about the other city in the week after that one.
Taylor Gabriella

A great experience with a lot of learning opportunities!

Overall, this program offered so many opportunities. From the pre-program support in resume, cover-letter, and Strength Assessment even before placement, to the virtual check-ins that offered career support and information, as well as networking time with other interns, there was so many valuable opportunities. Throughout the process, the team was so helpful, meeting with me to provide information and walk me through the preparation. Throughout, they also were very clear in offering support in the program.

Zuha

Meaningful and Impactful

This experience taught me how to stay connected with myself and take steps with intention throughout the way. The program emphasizes taking action whenever you feel there is room for improvement and teaches you how to stand up for yourself and ask for what you want. This experience built my confidence in who I am, as well as taught me to celebrate my strengths and cater to them to truly flourish as a person. I am very grateful I took part in this and felt so supported by everyone in the program.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Talking to people with different cultural and societal rules! It was very different at first, but I could relax once I expressed this to them and learned more.
John

An amazing experience

An amazing experience that I would recommend to any college student seeking experience in the field for their resume. With the help of Global Experiences, they selected the ideal placement for me as an interning writer for the digital media outlet FM Hip-Hop. Even though the internship was virtual, GE offered me plenty of chances to meet other interns from various industries and fields and allowed us to share stories about our experiences as well as advice. Throughout my program GE reached out to me consistently to make sure I was entirely satisfied, and now at the end of my program I can without a doubt say that I was.

My only regret was that due to the virtual nature of the program, I missed out on the chance to travel to somewhere really unique. Regardless, I still think a virtual is a great option for anyone.
California

Professional Experience

The experience helped develop my professional skills and introduce me to working for a business-oriented company. The GE staff was so helpful and always was there for anything. A bi-weekly meeting kept everyone engaged and allowed for a great opportunity to network and learn about other's experiences. I also enjoyed the content that GE provided virtually including an art and cooking session. I don't think there would have been a better program, especially for how convenient GE made the whole process.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
Even though my virtual internship was super fulfilling, I would have loved to travel if I got another chance. The time difference and working remotely are not the same as in-person, but I still think a virtual is a great option.
Evan

Awesome Virtual Internship

Global Experiences found a great internship for me at Dublin City University. The overall experience was really useful in terms of personal and professional development. I think the skills learned working virtually are vital in the modern workplace and this was an opportunity to master them.
It was also really nice to have the opportunity to network with other interns. Global Experiences made sure that even though the internship was online, there was lots of opportunity to get to know people in your fields and other fields, and share your experiences and learn from others' experiences.