GE Virtuoso: Virtual International Internships

Are you a self-motivated and independent student looking to become a global citizen? Want to gain professional work experience without traveling far? With Global Experiences Virtuoso, we can be together, at a distance.

Meet GE Virtuoso: Virtual International Internships. With GE Virtuoso, you can put accessibility and mobility concerns aside and develop a meaningful professional connection with an international company. Here, you will gain the skills necessary to thrive in today's economy, including digital literacy, cross-cultural communication, time management, and much more.
Our virtual internship program allows you to gain the same benefits from working with an international company, and access to our career coaching and professional development program - plus extra benefits of it being affordable, flexible, and environmentally friendly.

• Gain international work experience in the comfort of your home.
  • Guarantee a remote Internship with an international employer.
  • Receive CliftonStrengths Online Assessment, Professional Coaching Call, and Résumé and Cover Letter Support.
  • Take advantage of Individual Program Advising and a Group Tutorial on Teleworking.
  • Make the most of your experience with Internship Monitoring and Virtual Check-Ins.

• Content 9.9
  • Engagement 10
  • Platform 9.9
Bennet

Internship Guaranteed!

There's always a worry for those seeking an internshp that they may not get it. You won't have to worry about that with Global Experiences! The GE staff was able to get me an internship, but unfortunately I did not get the position. The GE staff then really worked hard to find me other opportunities. Thanks to their amazing efforts, they found me three different employers interested in interviewing me for an internship! This was unheard of not only for me, but also for the staff at Global Experiences! I had the luxury of being able to pick from three companies which I never though was possible (I picked two by the way)! Thanks so much to everyone at Global Experiences. 10/10!

Always be very communicative! Don't be afraid to speak up! This can elminate many misunderstandings and help employers as well.
Caitlyn

Great Program and Support

The GE Virtuoso program was amazing, and it really enhanced my overall internship. All of the meetings had a different benefit and theme, but all of them were extremely helpful and supportive. The GE Virtuoso organizers were super enthusiastic about helping interns get the most out of their programs and internships. It was really helpful and beneficial to collaborate and talk to other interns during the Check-In meetings to see what internships they were doing, which is something I really appreciated. I think that overall, the program really enhanced my internship, and allowed me to develop critical skills that really transferred to my internship. All of the GE Virtuoso organizers and leaders provide amazing support and tools during the meetings, and are really there to enhance your internship and allow you to be as success as you can!

My advice to future interns is to definitely attend as many of the GE Virtuoso meetings as they can - each has a different benefit and there are many networking opportunities. The Check-In meetings are a great opportunity to meet other interns, but there are also other amazing meetings that give you the opportunity to learn other skills that are also very beneficial to your internship.
Jennifer

Great Opportunity and Amazing Support!

Going into my internship, I was pretty nervous. I am majoring in Psychology, and there are few opportunities to get experience. However, Global Experiences was able to find me a great research opportunity with a professor in Ireland. The internship itself was amazing, and I learned so much! I have gained confidence in my strengths and understand my strengths I bring to the workplace. However, Global Experiences made the internship so much better. Through career development and different tools to enhance my internship and future careers, I feel much more prepared to take on the future! The support from GE made my experience a great one!

Rebecca

Great Opportunity

This was such a great opportunity. My internship was extremely relevant to my major, I learned a lot, and I loved the group video calls I got to do with my internship group. It was really nice to have a check in time every few weeks where we could connect with other interns. What I really valued about this experience was that I knew my internship wasn't going to be sketchy, no one was going to steal my work or rip off my portfolio. As happens sometimes with art internships. Also the guarantee of an internship was nice, worth it just to have the security of knowing your going to get a good fitting internship. Overall I would highly recommend, I loved my time with Global Experiences.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I would try to move my schedule around so I could have attended more of the provided video experiences.
Hannah

Career-Boosting

I learned so much during my virtual internship. This was a great way to get my foot in the door and gain some entry-level knowledge in my field, as well as connect with people across the globe over weekly zoom meetings. Even virtually, I was able to network and am still in contact with people that I had the chance to work with. The staff at GE is incredibly supportive as well, and I would highly recommend working with them for either a virtual or in-person internship opportunity. A great experience overall.

Emma

GE Virtual Internship Experience

I had the best experience with Global Experiences. I was able to do an amazing virtual internship abroad, whilst learning about the fundamentals of working from home. The GE team provided me with advice as to how to work at my best from home, as well as learn more about the culture of the country I was interning in. The check in sessions gave us the opportunity to ask questions and for advice.Overall, I definetly recommend this program for anyone who wants to learn about different cultures and have an amazing internship at the same time.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Working from home was definetly a challenge. However, the GE team provided me with enough support to overcome this challenge. Overall, as you go through the program you learn more and more about the fundamentals of a virtual internship.
Kate

Great program while working from home!

I really enjoyed this virtual internship. It was a great way to make the most of my time while taking classes at home. I added to my resume and learned a lot about the industry I was in.

All of the staff working at Global Experiences are also so nice and caring. You can tell they love what they do. We had regular virtual check-in's that were a great way to network, share experiences, and get to know others in the program.

I would highly recommend this internship to anyone wanting a more flexible internship or someone who's schedule doesn't accommodate for them going abroad.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Communication can be hard to sort out at the start of any virtual internship. This unfamiliar working style was the most nerve-racking part. After a few weeks you will get the hang of it and things will be great.
Juwana

A Rewarding Experience!

My experience doing a virtual internship was a great experience. I feel as though I learned a lot about the workforce. I've also developed a lot of skills. I think this experience was very unique because how often can you write on your resume that you've worked with an organization aboard! I worked with an Italian Non-profit organization and I think that it will be a outstanding asset to my resume. I think anyone who has the opportunity to do this, should definitely do it. I think it will set you apart from others when apply to future jobs! I am happy I took a chance on this opportunity! I am excited for my future, I think my internship helped me figure out my career path moving forward!

Cheers!

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
I think one of the most nerve-racking moments I experienced was not knowing Italian. I felt very worried about not knowing the language. However, once I began the internship, I realized how similar the dialect of French is to the Italian language. Overtime, I was able to pick up on language and I am now familiar with some Italian words!