Virtual/Remote Internships Through The Intern Group

We are the leading provider of internship programs across the globe. We've launched a Virtual/Remote Internship Program so that you can boost your employability with global internship experience, from wherever you are. Whether you’re a prospective or current university student, recent graduate or professional looking to upgrade your career, a virtual internship could offer the perfect next step.

We offer virtual internships in all career fields, within 3,000+ leading organizations around the world. We are partnered with some of the most prestigious organizations in the world, through to small and medium-sized businesses and entrepreneurial startups.

The program has everything you need for accelerated professional development, including a professional, virtual internship in your field, best-in-class career advancement training and keynote career talks from global business leaders.

Grow your network, make your resume shine and build your career from anywhere.

• A professional, virtual internship in your chosen career field. The Intern Group partners with 3000+ host organizations globally including KPMG, Make A Wish and SONY Music.
  • Best-in-class career advancement training. You will build the skills to thrive. The training focuses on developing in you the 8 key competencies essential to succeed in the 21st century world of work.
  • Keynote career talks from global business leaders. You will learn from the best. The program gives you 3 months access to exclusive, real-time talks from leading speakers like Nick Jellicoe, the global head of marketing and PR at Rolex for 10 years.
  • A DISC assessment to help you analyze your professional mindset and behavior.
  • Live support throughout the program, including access to mental health counselors during your internship and a session with a professional career coach afterwards.

Enroll with confidence

Learn more about our Lifetime Credit policy if your plans need to change.

Popular Programs

intern working on his laptop

Our global remote business internships give you the opportunity to gain invaluable hands-on experience from anywhere in the world, at any time, no matter your schedule. If you’re looking to grow your network, enhance your resume and boost your employability, there’s nothing better than an online business internship.

student working on his laptop

Our global remote PR & Marketing internships give you the opportunity to gain invaluable hands-on experience from anywhere in the world, at any time, no matter your schedule. If you’re looking to grow your network, enhance your resume and boost your employability, there’s nothing better than an online PR & Marketing internship.

student with laptop

Our global remote IT & Computer Science internships give you the opportunity to gain invaluable hands-on experience from anywhere in the world, at any time, no matter your schedule. If you’re looking to grow your network, enhance your resume and boost your employability, there’s nothing better than an online IT & Computer Science internship.

student with laptop sitting outside

Our global remote Finance & Accounting internships give you the opportunity to gain invaluable hands-on experience from anywhere in the world, at any time, no matter your schedule. If you’re looking to grow your network, enhance your resume and boost your employability, there’s nothing better than an online Finance & Accounting internship.

intern in front of her laptop

Our global remote NGOs & Non-profits internships give you the opportunity to gain invaluable hands-on experience from anywhere in the world, at any time, no matter your schedule. If you’re looking to grow your network, enhance your resume and boost your employability, there’s nothing better than an online NGOs & Non-profits internship.

New Internship Placements

View the latest intern placement postings on our job board.

• Content 10
  • Engagement 9.7
  • Platform 10
Jess

Fantastic Experience

Thank you to the team at The Intern Group (especially John + Valeria!) for helping make remote interning a smooth and rewarding experience. TIG made the selection process extremely easy, which was a relief because I was right in the midst of exams. I was surprised to find out it was quite a collaborative process, and after a bit of back and forth I found a company I wouldn't have previously considered, but so glad I took the chance!

Apart from the 10-week professional internship, the program also includes career advancement training comes in the form of modules, all of which have fascinating articles, videos, podcasts, and quizzes to build key competencies in a digital workforce. It also offers a platform (Trivia Nights and discussion boards) to meet and interact with other interns from all over the globe, so you can share your stories with people who are going through the same experience as you. The program also offers three months access to the Keynote Speaker series – exclusive, real-time talks from leaders in many different industries.

I definitely recommend this program, because apart from work experience, it will help strengthen adaptability, digital literacy and cultural awareness, all of which are pursued by employers but can best be learned beyond the traditional classroom setting.

My advice is that you only get out what you put in. Working 30 to 40 hours a week in an unpaid internship doesn’t exactly sound glamorous, but working within a multicultural (and multi-time zoned!) team will help strengthen your soft skills like team collaboration, tolerance and creativity, as well as independence because it’s up to you to manage your time and figure out when you are at your productive peak.
Cabell

Amazing 6-month Virtual Internship Experience

Glad that I found the organization I work for right now through TIG. At the beginning, I wasn't really considering this type of company but because TIG listed as one of the five options for me, I had a try for the interview. Turned out it didn't disappoint! I'm happy with both TIG and my employer. Even though the internship is online, I never felt that I was alone. There are always different kinds of online events that you can participate, from trivia to networking, my advice is to be open to the experience! I learned so much professionally and grew as a person. I also liked that there is a 3-month coupon for online therapy at TalkSpace. We all know how the past year has been challenging in many ways, so talking to someone professional definitely helped me to be more positive and set the right mindset not only for now but also for the future.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
If I can do another round, I'd like to try interning for a different company in a different industry. Just to explore!
Desiree

Great Virtual Summer experience

For future participants, this program is great experience to grow professionally and personally. You will be encountered with so many options of your field of study and many companies that will offer you a job experience through a period of time. This experience will prepare you to become a professional and be more confident in what you want to become. It is more than just working for a company, you will learn more about ways a company works and the important factors to become a great employee for a great company.

More advertisement, I wish I would have found this program sooner in my life.