• Online

Pricing

$895 USD
Sep 05, 2020
Sep 26, 2021

Apply for a remote, virtual internship and build your global work experience, from your laptop! Since 2006, Connect-123 has helped thousands of students find career-related, international internships at top companies. We’re now offering this program virtually, where you'll receive expert support, professional development and mentoring, at an affordable cost.

What's Included:
1) Pre-internship consultations, defining an ideal role and helping with resumes & interview skills
2) Customized placement providing real work experience with vetted companies, related to your interests and career goals
3) Online orientation, providing tips about remote work and local culture
4) On-going mentorship, feedback and advice
5) Group workshops related to productivity, communication, and remote working
6) Post-internship guidance and support, to help you communicate the value of the experience to future employers

Program Highlights

• Improve your resumé and job opportunities
  • Develop important skills related to new cultures and remote work
  • Build your network, within your program cohort and across the globe
  • Dedicated program coordinator, personally guiding you through the process
  • Flexible hours, durations and start dates

• Content 10
  • Engagement 9.7
  • Platform 9.9
Angela

Summer Internship 2021

Connect-123 gave me the opportunity to do my internship with a company that allowed me to expand my skills in design and professionalism. The internship was done remotely but it was still effective. Connect-123 was able to find an internship that fit the description I gave in our first phone call. Their professionalism through the entire process made me feel secure and excited for the internship. I'm very glad I was able to design a new logo in the summer of 2021. I worked as a logo graphic designer for a studio in Buenos Aires, Argentina that was about to open a side business. It was amazing to communicate with people outside of the country for a business related issue and be taken seriously with my designs. They let me take creative control and their feedback was very kind. They loved most designs and only ever commented on how to make it better for the final design. The internship experience has encouraged me to keep designing and reach out to other businesses for more opportunities. It was lovely working with Connect-123 this past summer.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I wish I could have actually traveled to Buenos Aires!
Dayana

New beginnings and New Opportunities!

As I began my search for internships abroad, my University guided me towards Connect-123 and their amazing team. With them I was able to work remotely with a non-profit organization in Cape Town, South Africa where I created content for their social media pages and YouTube. While interning there I learned about the importance of communication, leadership, creativity, and stepping outside your comfort zone. In fact, in the beginning of my internship I was a bit apprehensive about connecting with the people and the content due to being a remote intern but with Connect-123 supporting me along the way I was able to experience some of the best six months of my professional and personal life. In all, I learned so much during my internship and was able to really understand where I want to go with my career in the future. I will forever be grateful to Connect-123 for opening doors for me and encouraging me to follow my professional and personal dreams. Thank you so much to Carla, Lea, and the team!

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
I was afraid to not be able to connect with the culture and people of South Africa due to being remote but after having the support of Connect-123 I was able to make connections that will last a lifetime.
Garrett

Bioprinting Internship

My remote internship was facilitated through Drexel University with Connect-123, for a duration of 6 months, which allowed me to learn a lot at my time at the research lab in Dublin.
My primary job was to model and animate 3D printing and imaging devices. Connect-123 allowed me to develop important software skills in my field which I will use the rest of life. However, the most important thing Connect-123 did was to allow me to narrow in my major, and find something that I would like to pursue a future career in. Thank you very much for organizing an amazing internship and helping me build my career to the next level. I appreciate everything that you did.

I wish I was able to participate in person, but because of Covid-19 I was unable to.
Emily

A Perfect Placement

Connect-123 is more than a liaison company looking to connect students to employers and home organizations. Connect-123 goes further, facilitating the dynamic between students and professionals in a supportive environment. When I signed up for a Human Rights and Social Impact Internship with my university, I had no idea what type of work that would encompass. I thought I would randomly get assigned to an organization that may, or may not, suit my interests and skill set. Instead, I was approached by kind, intelligent professionals who had my learning as a core influence in their actions. Through every email interaction, I was asked how I was doing, and what I was learning. I'm not going to say that interning was easy, but growth never is. Connect-123 placed me with an organization focused on people and hands-on application of research, particularly within the law. I was put in a research internship that I would never have found on my own. Working with that organization has now opened doors that I could never have considered. I thank Connect-123 for never settling for me, and for always reaching out a hand, even when I didn't think I needed it.

Melanie

Marketing Internship

Through Connect-123 I was given the opportunity of a lifetime to intern at an incredible NGO in Barcelona! Coming out of a rough and uncertain year I was excited to be able to travel again especially with the added enhancing my resume. Connect-123 facilitated the process of finding the perfect summer marketing internship. I grew not only professionally but also personally during my time in Barcelona. I am so thankful to Lea and everyone at Connect-123 for making this opportunity possible! Easily the best summer of my life!

Be open to all the new experiences and live in the moment!
Mayela

Great Experience

With the help and guidance of Connect-123 I was able to work with a nonprofit organization in Argentina. Even after Covid-19 cases started to decrease in the U.S., in-person internships were still very unlikely to happen in the summer of 2021. That’s why instead I started looking for virtual internships. I first learned about Connect-123 in a university email that was sent out to encourage students to join virtual internships. Connect-123 caught my eye since that first email because it offered international virtual internships. Since my major is International Relations, I figured this would be a great opportunity for me to build up my resume and gain experience working remotely. I’m very grateful for this opportunity because it allowed me to work with an Argentinian organization that is partnered with many NGOs that help people in vulnerable situations. My role as an intern was mainly translating documents and presentations for the organization’s campaigns so that English speakers could understand the mission and goal of the campaigns. Overall, this internship taught me how to work remotely with people in different time zones that have a different cultural background than my own. It was a great experience and I highly recommend it.

What was your funniest moment?
Although the experience was virtual, I shared a few funny moments with my program coordinator when we compared language differences. We would compare how different words were used for urban idioms in the two types of Spanish we knew, hers from Argentina and mine from Mexico.
Zahra

Global Public Health Internship

Connect123 offered me an experience I would have never otherwise been able to have. I have a strong interest in Global Public Health and how this impacts the development of communities. Though my interest was quite broad, Connect123 was able to match me with an organization based in Mumias, Kenya that helped to develop my interests well. Working on project sustainability with the organization, I now have a better understanding of sustainable, and culturally sensitive Public Health approaches, and how to assess them. My professional skills have also developed greatly, as juggling a time difference and completing independent tasks, I have had to remain extra cognizant of my communication and organizational skills. I have met a great community and been exposed to helpful resources at Connect123. For students looking to explore their interests, I would recommend finding an internship with Connect123!

Meghan

A unique, worthwhile experience!

I am so grateful for the opportunity to work with Connect-123 and the internship organization they set me up with! A virtual internship was a new and exciting experience, keeping me motivated and developing new skills. I made connections in Ireland that I will continue to have as I develop my career, as well as practicing the skills the Connect-123 workshops taught me. Connect-123 genuinely wants to see every student succeed, and they work hard to make your program worth it! As a Pre-Med student, the pandemic made opportunities limited, but my virtual internship gives me a nice advantage on my resume, and I thank Connect-123 for a worthwhile experience.

Do not be afraid to ask questions, early and often! It will make the work flow better and help you learn quicker!