Singapore Internship with Meiji Internships

Meiji Interns at a Beach BBQ Party
Meiji Interns at a Beach BBQ Party
Singapore - Hear the Lion City roar with Meiji.
Singapore - Hear the Lion City roar with Meiji.

Over the past few decades, Singapore has become one of the world’s most prosperous, globalized countries. With an abundance of world-class, affordable attractions are emerging on a regular basis, the “Lion City“ has something to satisfy every visitor’s wish:

・Swim above the city lights at Marina Bay Sands.
・Scent orchids at National Orchid Garden.
・Be left buzzing with joy at the Gardens by the Bay.
・Go chasing lights at the ArtScience Museum.
・Tuck into a big plate of Chili Crab – Singapore’s national dish.

As your gateway to Asia, Meiji Internships will accompany you throughout your journey. Kick-start your international career with an unforgettable internship adventure in your industry and destination of choice. We work with an extended network of 750+ partner companies in 8 countries to help pave the way for your future!

• Fully Customizable: Choose from several industries and destinations according to your interests and talents.
  • Networking Opportunities: Gain work experience in global Japanese companies and establish crucial business connections to kickstart your future international career.
  • University Credit: University accredited internships in all major industries with 750+ host companies ranging from multinational corporations to innovative start-ups and influential NGOs across Asia.
  • Personal Development: Grow personally as well as professionally by challenging yourself every day through new and exciting projects.
  • Once-in-a-lifetime Experience: Step out of your comfort zone and start exploring Asia! Take part in social activities, allowing you to make new friends from all over the world!

Apply now for your Winter Internship 2019!

It's time to apply at Meiji Internship to find your Winter internship 2019!
Fill out our non-binding estimate and we will contact you to customize your Internship Program in Asia.

Saskia

It was great lah!

What an amazing experience this was. Everything Meiji provided was well arranged, professional and fun. I am glad I came to Singapore because it beautifully combines Asian and European culture. So I could immerse myself in Asian culture, explore the foreign local cuisine and check out temples, while still speaking the local language (english). Singaporeans have a special dialect called Singlish, but you will get the hang of it! My internship was in film & photography and I learnt sooo much. I was given a camera and joined my colleagues for events and weddings. So I got to attend special events while gaining work experience! Yes, I felt very lucky!

Singapore has a lot to offer and you will learn so much about so many different cultures! Indian, English, Chinese… you name it! The food is fantastic as well and you can even eat at one of the cheapest michelin-stared restaurants in the world. My time was definitely worth everything!

William

That lion roar though

Two months ago, I spent four weeks in Singapore. Meiji Internships was very supportive, answered all my questions and kept in touch with me on a regular basis. My work visa and the application process was handled hassle-free thanks to Meiji’s support and guidance. Upon arrival in Singapore, I was informed about my accommodation, airport pick-up and provided with additional useful information. I was never homesick and the programme made me adore living abroad and exploring SEA.
Taking the leap and interning abroad is definitely an investment for your future career, and I am grateful to how I have grown personally after my stay in Singapore. It was not just an outstanding internship, but an equally great organisation around it. And if you are looking for the best place to intern, just follow that lion roar to the Lion City. I loved calling SG home!

Amanda

marketing internship in Singapore

Hi! I am Amanda and I did an e-commerce and marketing internship in Singapore! The company I worked with is a Fashion industry leader and operates both online and in retail. Therefore, my work was not just in the office but also on-ground in physical stores and at meeting with clients and suppliers. That was fantastic and allowed me to escape that "starring at a computer screen all day“ routine. I learned a lot working for my company and was entrusted major tasks which I found unusually important for an intern. The trust they all placed in me made me incredibly proud and I worked very hard to contribute to my company’s success. In my free time, I would explore Singapore, go shopping or check out the Hawker Centers. On some weekends, my colleagues would take me sightseeing or grab food together.
The only thing I did not love was my accommodation because the people I was staying with were not quite my kind of people. I see myself as someone who gets along with pretty much everyone, but my flatmates would only eat and sleep at the house. They weren't up to cooking together, movie nights or going out. I found that rather sad but solved the problem by making friends OUTSIDE my apartment. It was a good thing to do because I now have friends from Singapore and all around the world!
I am immensely grateful for this opportunity and could not have imagined a better host company. I now possess a greater variety of industry skills and knowledge and am eager to put it all into practice once I enter the labor force!

Miyu

Singapore with Meiji

Today was my last day. I want to thank you for this opportunity. It was an amazing experience both from a personal and professional pov. I worked at an international language school that was conveniently placed very close to the accommodation. My colleagues and the students were very kind and diverse in regard to origins, religions, and backgrounds. Everyone always helped me in class, but also day to day by inviting me for lunch or helping me in my daily tasks. The accommodation Meiji arranged was always clean. My flatmates and I regularly cooked together which is a very good way to save money and socialise while having a yummy meal. I will be returning to Japan with more knowledge of teaching, but most of all with fond memories and unforgettable encounters.

Linda

Extraordinary Experience!

My internship experience in Singapore was extraordinary! I made amazing friends, worked in the most fantastic work environment, and had plenty of time to explore the island city-state. As it was my first time living abroad on my own, I am especially thankful how accommodating the staff was. They always responded to my emails (the next day the latest) and answered all my questions (and I had a lot haha). Their support did not stop after I landed in Singapore, but continued beyond my stay! I had to ask for an additional paper for my university credits and contacted Meiji 3 months after I returned home. They still responded quickly and helped me obtain that paper.
Their service does not stop once you have made it to Singapore. I think that is very special about Meiji.

Tyrone

Let’s make it last!

My story is slightly different from most internship adventures. As an Engineering student from California, my knowledge of sustainability and conservation was limited. I knew that plastic bags were a bad thing and being vegan would help reduce CO2 emission, but apart from that I didn’t really bother looking into the topic - right until I came to Singapore. See, my industry of choice was Engineering, but I was also open to Environmental as well. Meiji advised me to go for Environmental because it would allow for more diverse company options. In the end, I was placed with an Environmental Resource Solution company in the research department. Working there has broadened my perspective of conservation, allowing me to recognise the importance of sustainable resource management. When I get back home, I will do all it takes to adjust my studies to match my new goal: Making this beautiful planet last a bit longer. I could not have asked for a better, more life-changing experience. Thank you Meiji for placing me with my company in Asia’s most sustainable city!

Theresa

Bye Bye Comfort Zone!

This internship was my take at breaking out of my comfort zone and trying something completely new. I honestly pushed myself to explore things I had never tried before and worked as hard as I possibly could. It absolutely paid off! I had the time of my life interning with a Design company near Orchard Road. I felt confident embarking on my adventure because I knew that Meiji would have my back if I would fall. That motivated me to just go for it and try living in Singapore, a country with a language and culture that is very different from my own. I felt more and more like a local as time went by. By the end of my 3 months stay in Singapore, I felt like part of me was Singaporean now and I will never forget the things life in Singapore has taught me. It has become my home away from home.

I loved it! Maybe it would be good to offer more options for housing. I would have loved to stay with a host family for some time.