Internship in Singapore by Asia Internship Program

SG Day trip 2017
SG Day trip 2017
Marina Bay Sands
Marina Bay Sands

Often described as a City in a Garden, Singapore is highly acclaimed as being one of the cleanest, safest and most developed cities, not only in Asia but across the globe.

Singapore has been attracting numerous businesses and entrepreneurs across all industries, making it one of the top business hubs. For internship programs, Finance is one of the major fields, due to its huge banking sector. Other popular industries include Information Technology and Business Development.

AIP gives those who desire to develop work experience in an international environment the opportunity. With a network of partner companies, we provide international students the chance to work in first-class companies to develop their professional careers. An internship in Singapore is guaranteed to build a strong foundation for your future.

Notice: tuition fee consists of a customized internship, housing, professional networking, and more. Each internship is unpaid due to foreign countries' regulations

• Customized Internship
  • Fully Furnished Accommodation
  • Visa Assistance
  • 24/7 Emergency Assistance
  • Social Activities & Trips

Harry

Dreams do come true!

Brilliant program, with everything that a person who is looking for an internship is in need. My journey with AIP have started quite a while ago, however, due to personal reasons I was not able to join the program as was initially planned. My placement coordinator kindly helped me with postponing the start date for a year, and the process cost me the exact same fee, no additional amount has been charged. Highly recommend to anyone who is looking for an internship this organization and personally suggest to go with Standard package. Even if it looks like a big amount at the first glance but in reality by dividing it into months basis, everything becomes very clear and affordable. On top of that, for me, Singapore was the place I’ve never been before so the support from someone who is present there for years is definitely vital aspect. Of course the majority of features from AIP package could be arranged on their own but you can’t imagine how convenient and easy it was for me with the package from the program. Every question I had was answered very friendly and professionally, I’ve met a lot of new people, due to work and also other participants. The company I've been placed at was really friendly and experienced with other interns before. Really grateful to my parents and AIP for making this possible. Now I am working full time in Singapore and plan to stay in Asia for longer since the region is growing extremely fast. Without any hesitation will advice to anyone with big ambitions to grow and earn to come to Asia.

I definitely ran into some problems in the beginning with Visa's and I wished I knew everything before.
Chloe

What a great time to be alive!

I did quite a bit of research before joining AIP because I never really thought of interning abroad before but at the same time, I felt like I didn't want to stay in New Zealand forever. After looking online a bit and talking with AIP, I decided that Singapore would be the best opportunity for me considering that English is still the primary language there.

I'm really pleased with the attentiveness that my placement coordinator Frederick took into my application. I was looking for something related to graphic design and AIP was able to secure a company for me that creates package designs. I applied well in advance (8 months prior I think) but the process didn't start until about 4-5 months before my scheduled start date. But the time was pretty smooth once everything started. I think it took about 3 weeks total for the company interview (I needed a second interview with the CEO) and arranging my accommodation, visa preparations, etc.

All in all, I got a lot out of the experience and really enjoyed my time in Singapore. I would recommend AIP if you're thinking about going with AIP!

I really wished in the beginning that there was someone in AIP would be in touch with me because I felt really lonely.
Jason

What a great time to be alive!

One thing that bugged me a little bit is that I felt so lonely in the beginning, I wished that maybe someone in AIP could keep in contact with me. That would be really nice.
Daniel

Singapore was beautiful and amazing

Really great experience, the internship AIP found me was very interesting and fruitful. Definitely will recommend this internship service provided to every single student or postgraduate which is looking to gain practical knowledge in Asia and potentially become employed.

There is not much to say about the service of the program, except for very reliable, responsive and friendly. The whole process from application to actually getting to Singapore and starting the internship was smooth and straight forward. Personally found the website with a login system really comfortable and convenient. One point needs to be mentioned, the program is very competitive and it is not easy to get in, so better be ready for your first interview and perform well.

The company I’ve been placed in is really friendly and to be fair I was afraid the cultural shock will get me, but it turns out the company had a very international environment so it was very easy to adapt. The team I’ve been working with was supportive and friendly, however the supervisor was quite demanding which I found very useful. My work preferences might differ from other people but AIP is actually doing a good job in terms of finding a perfect match.

Another cool feature is the ability to get the placement without housing, from my knowledge is one of the few organizations who are letting attendees to choose the packages they can go with, based on personal preferences. Customization is the key and I wish AIP to continue what they are doing, since they are doing it very well.

Get ready to face any challenges you might face, because you will have to figure a lot on your own.
Bianca

My experience in Singapore

My experience with AIP was incredibly satisfying and helpful. I really appreciate the supportiveness and responsiveness of the team and my placement coordinator. Before confirming the term break with my university, I was surfing the internet and bumped into the advertisement of Singapore airport, which fascinated me. After doing some more research on Singapore, the country I’ve never been before, it clearly became my goal to go there to experience the country. However, my parents advised me if I will be able to combine my stay there with something useful for my career or network, so they would consider it as an investment rather than an expense. First I was looking for job positions in Singapore, however with a young professional without much experience and not finished degree the number of rejections was incredibly high. So I’ve started considering doing some course or internship there, and here is where I’ve discovered AIP. After a straightforward application process, I’ve got into the program and got the placement in the company within the industry of my choice (finance). My parents without a second of hesitation approved my choice and were happy with the decision I made. The company I’ve been placed in is a fin-tech award-winning organization that helps millions of people all around the world transfer their funds across countries with extremely low fees. Working in such a company was a huge pleasure for me since my passion was always to bring changes to people’s life. Knowingly that the finance industry is very old school and hard to shift the paradigms, when big banks and corporations control almost everything, it was fascinating to create those changes and be a part of such a friendly team. After coming back to university, I’ve discovered that during that 3 months period the gap between practical knowledge and experience of my and my friends became incredibly big. I would definitely recommend to anyone who would like to contribute to society and gain experience in this program.

Be open to opportunities and don't feel afraid to come out of your comfort zone.
Yui

Great time in Singapore

I am in my 3rd year of uni, and I really wanted to go back to Japan. However, there was an idea that came into my mind while I was watching a movie. I did not want to go to Japan simply just because I have traveled there for summer each year. It does not excite me anymore.

Interning in Singapore made me realized that it was a great decision. I learned a lot during my stay here. I learnt that Merlion or the lion statue was actually built to represent that they originated as a fishing village.

Coming to my internship progress. I learned that Singapore and Americans are really different in terms of how to set up campaigns and what method is good. They are completely from the states. I now know that doing business with Singaporeans you should not be late as it can affect the outcome badly. However, with a cultural difference, they understand that there needs to be a mistaken for improvement. Business meetings are usually done while having a meal. It is not a bad thing because when you are full and happy, things tend to be agreed easily.

AIP supported me with finding accommodation that is spacious for a single person to live. It is easy to travel with MRT. Everything was easily accessible, and that is the best thing I like about AIP service.

I have used an Internship program service before, but it was really ok. Not that bad, not that great. I was placed in a place where different interns have to live with each other; each with their own room. However, I feel that it does not have the privacy I wanted.

I would want to have accommodation of my own rather than sharing it with others.
James

Swiss in Singapore

I wanted to look into interning abroad as I had been stuck in an entry level job that wasn’t really motivational for me. I had graduated a few months back and wanted to get out of the rut I had found myself stuck in. I did 4 month at a digital marketing internship in Singapore, the people in my host company were lovely and while 4 months is actually pretty short I was actually learning something for once!

SIngapore itself is a lovely city and there is so much to visit and see there. I think I got a really good insight into life there be it eating in food courts or hanging out in the Botanical Gardens - which are really stunning btw. My only travel regret is I did not manage my own finances properly and I could not travel to Japan which I would have loved to have done.

One of the nice things about the accommodation is that the interns are all living close by which made it easier to meet in our free time and make new friends. I met some really nice people through this program and that is one of the things that I really took away with me from this experience.

Overall I really loved the Singapore program and have zero regrets doing it, Singapore is a brilliant city and the host company was fantastic, I am so grateful I am in a position that allows such adventure.

I think it’s worth mentioning that being being open to everything thrown your way will make your time abroad so much more enjoyable. If other interns invite you to a pool party, go! If AIP organises a trip in the city, go! And just being easy going in general. Inevitably the language barrier will make life more difficult than it would at home, just deal! It’s normal. I tried to follow this and while I didn’t succeed all the time I never regretted it when I did! Overall an amazing experience with AIP!

I found it hard to get out of my comfort zone the first month, it would be good if AIP could organised something that really forces it's participants to immerse themselves into the culture of whatever country they might be moving to.
Helen

Finance internship in Singapore with AIP

Singapore is one of the most brilliant and developed countries that I have ever visited, I have previously done an internship in London I very much prefer the atmosphere of Singapore. One of the best things about Singapore for me is it’s global reputation in the financial industry which I’m really hoping makes my CV look more polished. Finance runs in the family dating back to both of my Grandparents (Farfar and Farmor), especially my granddad who worked as an accountant and my parents who actually met working in the same bank. I never saw myself in any other field other than finance since I was very young. The main financial hubs in Europe are London and Zürich, I have already completed an internship in London and wanted some experience outside of Europe on my CV. Asia’s two financial hubs are Hong Kong and Singapore, I was unable to go to Hong Kong as I was not eligible for a visa longer than 90 days but I was eligible for a longer visa in Singapore! In Singapore I was part of a father-and-son founded Financial SME, amazingly they both used to work in J.P. Morgan Chase and a few years ago they decided to start their own business that will reduce the cost and issues of international bank transactions, they were also such nice guys to work with! With PayPal and other payment Gateways being very accessible over the internet, and with cryptocurrency in its boom period but my internship host company had a completely new way of looking at these sectors! I really believe that I learned a lot during my internship and that the experience I received over the 5 months was invaluable. Of course with learning and valuable experience comes a heavy workload and stress which wasn’t the best at the time but I was glad for is as soon as the clock striked 5 and I could go home. I am very grateful to AIP for my time spent in Singapore, particularly the help with the housing and arrival and of course a big thank you to my employers that took such good care of me in their office.

While I did get some great information about the visa during and after the initial interview it would be nice to somehow check eligibility before application so that people can be as fully informed as possible.
Percy

My Gradation present to myself!

It’s been about a month since my internship in Singapore and I have to say I’m heartbroken to be back in the UK right now. For as long as I can remember I have been a cautious person, the most ‘out-there’ thing I’ve done is go to the States to study for 6 months, I had a great time there but it wasn’t exactly exotic. I resolved to adventure to Singapore because it’s in Asia, where I have never been to before, and because it’s super different to anywhere I’ve travelled to. It’s also a major help that most Singaporeans speak near fluent English even though Mandarin is the original language. I felt really good about AIP’s administration, I had an initial interview with a really nice girl who’s name started with M , forget her name now, I hope she doesn’t see this! During the interview I was asked questions relating to my expectations and previous experiences in the industry Finance, not the most thrilling fied I know but it led me to both the States and Singapore so I’m not complaining right now! A few short weeks later with my Working Holiday Pass applied for and being interviewed by a Singaporean FinTech company I was beginning to dawn on me that I was going to live in Asia! Thankfully I was accepted by them and packed my bags another few short weeks later. I brought a Chinese phrase book to read on the plan but barely used a single word, I didn’t realise before that many (most) Singaporeans will speak English to foreigners even if they are asked a question in Chinese. It really wasn’t the biggest deal because I wanted to come to Singapore to see something new but not necessarily to learn another language. I had a great time in Singapore, I really enjoyed the heat, which is something I’m sorely missing right now. The actual internship itself was really great, there were a few Singaporean interns there too which I became friendly with. Singapore is a tiny country so I had completely explored the country in a couple of weeks, not to say that Singapore isn’t a thrilling country, there are always events and activities being held! I had an amazing time and I can’t wait until the day that I can return. I am so thankful for the opportunity to visit such a splendid part of the world!

I cannot speak for the housing myself so it was hard fro me to rate but another one of the interns near me said that their housing that was organised through AIP was quite a small studio which would be fine for a lot of people but I can see how some might prefer something a bit more spacious.