Internship in Singapore by Asia Internship Program

Often described as a City in a Garden, Singapore is highly acclaimed as being one of the cleanest, safest and most developed cities, not only in Asia but across the globe.

Singapore has been attracting numerous businesses and entrepreneurs across all industries, making it one of the top business hubs. For internship programs, Finance is one of the major fields, due to its huge banking sector. Other popular industries include Information Technology and Business Development.

AIP gives those who desire to develop work experience in an international environment the opportunity. With a network of partner companies, we provide international students the chance to work in first-class companies to develop their professional careers. An internship in Singapore is guaranteed to build a strong foundation for your future.

Notice: tuition fee consists of a customized internship, housing, professional networking, and more. Each internship is unpaid due to foreign countries' regulations

• Customized Internship
  • Fully Furnished Accommodation
  • Visa Assistance
  • 24/7 Emergency Assistance
  • Social Activities & Trips

Werner

My 6 month internship!

I'd like to say that this experience was both terrifying but also educational for me and I can't thank AIP enough for giving me this opportunity. Obviously the beginning was such a hassle with the COVID-19 outbreak and the whole country going on lockdown, I thought that this experience was going to go bad. Had to work from home at the start but it suddenly took a turn a couple of weeks later, and we were allowed to go back to the offices. Despite the restrictions, I was able to still work and build relationships with my colleagues which was a blessing and I won't take for granted. I was also grateful for the Community Manager of AIP for keeping in touch with me and actually even taking the time to speak with me often while I was working at home just so that I wasn't lonely at all, definitely appreciative of that. The company overall was very kind to me and my supervisor assisted me all throughout the way. I'm really interested in coming back once this pandemic is over and possibly doing full time. Thanks to AIP and everyone!

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
Working from home was something I didn't expect and contacting the community manager was very nice as he assisted me every time I needed him.
Pereira

Lockdown? Not a problem!

I was lucky enough to find an internship with the help of AIP despite the ongoing global pandemic. I initially wanted to find my way to Japan but with the lockdown in place and the country being closed, I ended up in Singapore since I was already here for my studies. AIP was extremely helpful in finding me a great business development internship and although there were strict rules and regulations to follow, I was able to work at the office and build great relationship with my colleagues, which was something that I was looking for in this internship. Can't thank AIP enough for all the help!

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
I was would be spontaneous and take initiatives instead of waiting for months and being unlucky with the pandemic.
Harry

Dreams do come true!

Brilliant program, with everything that a person who is looking for an internship is in need. My journey with AIP have started quite a while ago, however, due to personal reasons I was not able to join the program as was initially planned. My placement coordinator kindly helped me with postponing the start date for a year, and the process cost me the exact same fee, no additional amount has been charged. Highly recommend to anyone who is looking for an internship this organization and personally suggest to go with Standard package. Even if it looks like a big amount at the first glance but in reality by dividing it into months basis, everything becomes very clear and affordable. On top of that, for me, Singapore was the place I’ve never been before so the support from someone who is present there for years is definitely vital aspect. Of course the majority of features from AIP package could be arranged on their own but you can’t imagine how convenient and easy it was for me with the package from the program. Every question I had was answered very friendly and professionally, I’ve met a lot of new people, due to work and also other participants. The company I've been placed at was really friendly and experienced with other interns before. Really grateful to my parents and AIP for making this possible. Now I am working full time in Singapore and plan to stay in Asia for longer since the region is growing extremely fast. Without any hesitation will advice to anyone with big ambitions to grow and earn to come to Asia.

I definitely ran into some problems in the beginning with Visa's and I wished I knew everything before.
Chloe

What a great time to be alive!

I did quite a bit of research before joining AIP because I never really thought of interning abroad before but at the same time, I felt like I didn't want to stay in New Zealand forever. After looking online a bit and talking with AIP, I decided that Singapore would be the best opportunity for me considering that English is still the primary language there.

I'm really pleased with the attentiveness that my placement coordinator Frederick took into my application. I was looking for something related to graphic design and AIP was able to secure a company for me that creates package designs. I applied well in advance (8 months prior I think) but the process didn't start until about 4-5 months before my scheduled start date. But the time was pretty smooth once everything started. I think it took about 3 weeks total for the company interview (I needed a second interview with the CEO) and arranging my accommodation, visa preparations, etc.

All in all, I got a lot out of the experience and really enjoyed my time in Singapore. I would recommend AIP if you're thinking about going with AIP!

I really wished in the beginning that there was someone in AIP would be in touch with me because I felt really lonely.
Jason

What a great time to be alive!

One thing that bugged me a little bit is that I felt so lonely in the beginning, I wished that maybe someone in AIP could keep in contact with me. That would be really nice.
Daniel

Singapore was beautiful and amazing

Really great experience, the internship AIP found me was very interesting and fruitful. Definitely will recommend this internship service provided to every single student or postgraduate which is looking to gain practical knowledge in Asia and potentially become employed.

There is not much to say about the service of the program, except for very reliable, responsive and friendly. The whole process from application to actually getting to Singapore and starting the internship was smooth and straight forward. Personally found the website with a login system really comfortable and convenient. One point needs to be mentioned, the program is very competitive and it is not easy to get in, so better be ready for your first interview and perform well.

The company I’ve been placed in is really friendly and to be fair I was afraid the cultural shock will get me, but it turns out the company had a very international environment so it was very easy to adapt. The team I’ve been working with was supportive and friendly, however the supervisor was quite demanding which I found very useful. My work preferences might differ from other people but AIP is actually doing a good job in terms of finding a perfect match.

Another cool feature is the ability to get the placement without housing, from my knowledge is one of the few organizations who are letting attendees to choose the packages they can go with, based on personal preferences. Customization is the key and I wish AIP to continue what they are doing, since they are doing it very well.

Get ready to face any challenges you might face, because you will have to figure a lot on your own.
Bianca

My experience in Singapore

My experience with AIP was incredibly satisfying and helpful. I really appreciate the supportiveness and responsiveness of the team and my placement coordinator. Before confirming the term break with my university, I was surfing the internet and bumped into the advertisement of Singapore airport, which fascinated me. After doing some more research on Singapore, the country I’ve never been before, it clearly became my goal to go there to experience the country. However, my parents advised me if I will be able to combine my stay there with something useful for my career or network, so they would consider it as an investment rather than an expense. First I was looking for job positions in Singapore, however with a young professional without much experience and not finished degree the number of rejections was incredibly high. So I’ve started considering doing some course or internship there, and here is where I’ve discovered AIP. After a straightforward application process, I’ve got into the program and got the placement in the company within the industry of my choice (finance). My parents without a second of hesitation approved my choice and were happy with the decision I made. The company I’ve been placed in is a fin-tech award-winning organization that helps millions of people all around the world transfer their funds across countries with extremely low fees. Working in such a company was a huge pleasure for me since my passion was always to bring changes to people’s life. Knowingly that the finance industry is very old school and hard to shift the paradigms, when big banks and corporations control almost everything, it was fascinating to create those changes and be a part of such a friendly team. After coming back to university, I’ve discovered that during that 3 months period the gap between practical knowledge and experience of my and my friends became incredibly big. I would definitely recommend to anyone who would like to contribute to society and gain experience in this program.

Be open to opportunities and don't feel afraid to come out of your comfort zone.
Yui

Great time in Singapore

I am in my 3rd year of uni, and I really wanted to go back to Japan. However, there was an idea that came into my mind while I was watching a movie. I did not want to go to Japan simply just because I have traveled there for summer each year. It does not excite me anymore.

Interning in Singapore made me realized that it was a great decision. I learned a lot during my stay here. I learnt that Merlion or the lion statue was actually built to represent that they originated as a fishing village.

Coming to my internship progress. I learned that Singapore and Americans are really different in terms of how to set up campaigns and what method is good. They are completely from the states. I now know that doing business with Singaporeans you should not be late as it can affect the outcome badly. However, with a cultural difference, they understand that there needs to be a mistaken for improvement. Business meetings are usually done while having a meal. It is not a bad thing because when you are full and happy, things tend to be agreed easily.

AIP supported me with finding accommodation that is spacious for a single person to live. It is easy to travel with MRT. Everything was easily accessible, and that is the best thing I like about AIP service.

I have used an Internship program service before, but it was really ok. Not that bad, not that great. I was placed in a place where different interns have to live with each other; each with their own room. However, I feel that it does not have the privacy I wanted.

I would want to have accommodation of my own rather than sharing it with others.