This amazing pre-veterinary internship is located in the Eastern Cape of South Africa. This is an opportunity for aspiring veterinary students to get a real hands-on practical experience.
The programme is divided into three main sections. The first experience is with African wildlife where you will be working on games reserves with possibly lions, rhino, antelope, zebra and much more. The second section is working with agricultural livestock which involves improving the well being of animals including cattle, sheep, pigs, goats and chickens. Your final area will be working in rural villages to help assist in domestic veterinary clinics.
You will be living in the coastal town of beautiful Chintsa but moving between various projects on reserves, farms and townships which can involve overnight stays. Food is included. This is a great conservation programme with the chance to make a genuine difference and improve the welfare of African animals.
- Get amazing veterinary experience to help prepare you for your studies.
- Work with a variety of animals in a variety of settings, under the careful eye of the vet and other wildlife experts.
- Make a genuine contribution to the health and survival of some of Africa's animals.
- Meet other likeminded participants, keen to learn and explore.
- Get to know South Africa in your free time.