ELI Abroad: Internships in Cape Town

ELI Abroad offers exciting, high-level professional internships in most fields: Engineering, Public Health, Biotech, Physical Therapy, Nutrition, Human Rights, Facilities Management, Veterinary Medicine, Media, Fashion, NGO Administration, Teaching and more. Internships are tailored to your CV in one of the world's most beautiful cities!

Famous for its sparkling white sand beaches, diverse African wildlife, exciting outdoor sports and multicultural population, South Africa is a colorful country brimming with excitement and adventure. ELIers in Cape Town are from all over the world, so be prepared to live with a fun international bunch of travelers! ELI arranges accommodations in shared houses and apartments in safe neighborhoods all over the city.

Apply early! Internships can be competitive and often fill up, plan ahead for these programs if possible. Minimum 2 month time commitment.

• Surfing, kayaking, sand boarding, shark diving, & more!
  • Live with interns from all over the world.
  • Positions tailored to your CV.
  • Affordable!
  • Cape Town's bustling economy offers great professional opportunities.

Katherine

Refugee Internship in Cape Town

The reason that I chose ELI as my internship organizer was because of their emphasis on matching the skills of the intern to the skill-set required for the internship. It's easy enough to find organizations that will put the intern anywhere as long as they pay enough, but it's rare to find an organization that matches the need of the volunteer to the needs of the community, and at such an exceptionally affordable rate. ELI's application process was transparent and moved quickly. As a teacher, I could only volunteer for 6 weeks rather than the suggest 2+ month time commitment, and ELI worked hard to find me a placement regardless. I will definitely be traveling with ELI in the future!

FRANCISCA

Cape Town Lover

After getting my degree, I decided to go out and travel, but I didn't want to do a typical adventure, I wanted to go out, help people and learn about different cultures, so I met the ELI Aboard and I decided, 100% sure, to go on this adventure to Cape Town, SA. I can certainly say that this was one of the best decisions i ever made, because it was a "complete" trip; i learned, i met amazing people, I loved (and, of course, I still love) beautiful places, beaches, gardens, forest, desert, There's so many things you can find in this incredible country named South Africa.
Talking of my internship, I'am a physiotherapist and I worked with disable people in the townships. An experience that I will never forget, It helped me to grow up as a therapist and as a person, getting to know how different the cultures can be. Besides making me a better person, letting me help and share with different people it made me thanks and be thankful for everything. Sincerely, after this journey I can say out loud that was one of the best experience that I ever had. In all senses; love, challenge, knowledge, fears. In one word: mind-blowing. Thanks ELI for everything. Lots of love from Chile

About ELI Abroad

ELI is a registered non-profit organization, founded in 2001, that partners with organizations from around the world that make a difference in their communities. We work closely with these groups to ensure ELI volunteers get meaningful experiences at...