Intern with Greenpop in Cape Town

Intern with Greenpop in Cape Town

Greenpop is an environmental NGO but it also represents a way of life. The energy and passion we cultivate spreads far and wide with each new treevolutionary that joins us. As an intern at Greenpop, you’ll be sure to get your hands dirty. Regardless of your area of focus, you’ll take part in occasional planting projects and days at our nursery and eco-education hub, so that you’ll get a full experience of what we are all about.

Africa » South Africa » Cape Town
Year Round
Visit our website for more details on our intern programs.

Sofia
Milan

Learning, enjoying, planting!

I have been a Fundraising Intern at Greenpop for three months in 2016. The experience was unique: lots of learning and fun at the same time. As a fundraising intern, I learnt to interact with donors, mantain relationships and plan campaigns, but also to create and manage data bases, and analyse data a prepare project proposals. I was given guidance and autonomy at the same time and this was so useful to kickstart my career! Professional skills is not the only thing you get. The program allows you to share your time with school kids in some of the most underpriviledged areas of town and be aware of the reality around you, which may be extremely different from home. Most importantly, Greenpop gave me the chance to meet some of the most interesting people I have ever knew. Greenpop team is inspiring, ambitious and can become a real family, able to support every intern in his/her journey through the never-ending adventures and challenges which Cape Town offers. It was beautifull sharing my time with all the team during Rockin' the Daisies festival, where Greenpop and all its friends gathered to manage the Green Village: just one of the several opportunities which the internship offers. In three words: learning, enjoying, planting!

I think it would be interesting focusing interns' work on a specific project which they may follow during its development over the three months.

Ivy

A beautiful experience!!

I'm deeply grateful to have had the opportunity to work with Greenpop. Not only does the organization have an important mission, but the people I met there will always have a place in my heart. Working in the Communications department gave me skills in social media management, copywriting, and even journalism, but I also learned so many unexpected things -- how to create the perfect composting ratio, how to cook and serve a vegan meal for a whole office, how to avoid attracting baboons in the forest! Greenpop rekindled my love for nature - the way Table Mountain looked in the early morning, the baby trees lined up to be planted, the stars above Platbos forest - and it introduced me to a network of people taking concrete environmental action in their own communities.

Planting trees, changing minds. Today, we plant trees through urban greening and reforestation projects, spread environmental awareness, and activate people through green festivals and workshops across Southern Africa.