Connect-123 Marketing Internships

Choose from six destinations of Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Sydney, Cape Town, Dublin, or Shanghai to fulfill your dream of completing a marketing internship abroad.

Past marketing interns gained experience at leading boutique firms, large corporations and nonprofit organizations, in digital marketing, brand management, market research, corporate communications, social media management, digital content strategy, event management and more. We have over 12 years experience and a wide network of established contacts in the six cities we work in. We will tailor your internship placement to meet your goals and skills.

Program durations and start and end dates are flexible to fit your needs. Our local staff provide on-the-ground support before, during, and after your internship including housing assistance, in-depth orientation, social events, cultural activities, as well as career support and guidance.

Contact us today to kickstart your marketing internship abroad!

• Tailored placements! Connect-123’s experienced team finds unique, best-fit opportunities for you, related to your interests, goals and requirements.
  • Extensive Network! Connect-123’s partner network includes entrepreneurs, human rights organizations, engineering firms, advertising agencies and many more options!
  • Flexibility! Choose your arrival and departure dates, based on your schedule.
  • Service! From pre-departure to in-country support to post internship assistance, Connect-123 provides you with all the support you need!
  • Memories! Meet new friends from all over the world and make memories to last a lifetime!

Brian

Brian Hanks Testimonial

I’ll start of by simply saying… what an experience! I started this crazy journey about 3 months before we actually took off to Dublin, and to be fair, I was a bit leery at first. I knew I would get an internship, but I was unsure how ‘customized’ connect 1-2-3 was going to be able to get. There’s a few programs out there that offer internship abroad programs, but I was a bit nervous that I had chosen the right one for me. However, all nerves went out the door the minute I began speaking with Lea and her team. They took the time to listen to exactly what I was requesting and continued to probe further to insure their plans matched up with my goals. The internship I accepted was one of the most rewarding job experiences I have had to date. Mainly because it wasn’t just some fetch coffee and run copies internship, but instead, one where I could actually gain real world experience and even put forth plenty of ideas on my own. My coworkers were extremely helpful, and my boss was someone I could go to any time for questions and was someone who I consistently learned from. It was very apparent that the connect 1-2-3 staff didn’t just match me with the first company they spoke to, but instead matched me with a company that they felt I would excel at….and they were right!

The other major part that made this such a rewarding summer was the family feel that you get from the people you meet in the Connect 1-2-3 program. Each individual is from a different part of the country or world, and as the summer progresses you have the ability to get closer and closer to people you would have never had the opportunity to meet before. This bond started from the first week we arrived in Dublin when we all attended a C123 event and carried on throughout the entire summer. It was so great being able to come back after a long day of work to an apartment complex where all of your new friends are staying and each of them have had a similar day to yours. The apartments we stayed at started off as nice campus dorms, but grew into a real community of individuals I can now call my friends.

The last thing I would like to add or share with anybody considering C123 is to just remember you get out of this experience just as much as you put in. Start off by communicating with Lea and her team as much as possible. This only helps them match you with the best company for you possible and will make you happier in the end. Once you get to your worksite, apply yourself and always be eager to take on new tasks or try new things. And lastly, attend as many Connect 1-2-3 events as you can. They already know the city you are in extremely well and the events are well planned, fun, and sometimes even more affordable than if you went without C123.

Wrapping up here, I would definitely recommend Connect 1-2-3 to anybody considering interning abroad and I couldn’t be happier with the service and experience I got from all those involved.

Cheers!
Brian

Vanessa

Thankful for Connect-123

It was a bit of a rash decision to intern in Barcelona with Connect-123. I was already spending two months in Spain, so I figured I mind as well round out my summer travels with an internship in Barcelona. Well, the month I spent in Barcelona did not "round out" my summer, it made my summer!

It is impossible to summarize my experience in a testimonial. My internship placement was exactly what I was hoping for. It challenged me everyday as I produced marketing content and communicated in a spanish speaking business environment. I discovered new skills and gained self-confidence. It was exciting and invigorating... Now I feel I can take on the world (or at least my next job/internship).

I cannot recommend Barcelona enough. I am mentally prepared to pack up and move to this amazing city for good! I lived in a great neighborhood with vibrant locals who often held live-concerts right outside my window. I lived close enough to run to the beach in the morning and watch the amazing sunrise. Barcelona feels like a big city because it has so much to offer. Yet, it's small enough to feel like home.

And finally, Connect-123 lived up to the name by connecting me with other interns who are now lifelong friends. Coming from vastly different countries and cultures, my friends inspired me every day. We learned from each other's experiences and celebrated our differences. I truly believe that meeting people from around the world can broaden your perspective on life. We met in a paella cooking class organized by Connect, but soon we were inseparable and organizing our own adventures such as hiking Montserrat and exploring beaches of la Costa Brava. I am saddened to leave Barcelona behind, but I take solace in knowing that it is only goodbye for now. Thanks to my internship, my friends, and all the adventures, I have fallen in love with this city. I know I'll be back again one day!

Linda

Marketing Internship in Barcelona

As a career changer I was looking for an internship to update my marketing skills and develop new work skills to aid in my future job search. Connect 123 took the time to help me define what experience I was looking for a found the right company for my goals.

While in Barcelona, the Connect 123 team kept in constant contact to make sure everything was going well and to arrange events and get togethers for the all the interns in town. It was a great experience and I would recommend using Connect 123 to arrange your international internship.

About Connect-123

Connect-123 develops and administers internship programs in Buenos Aires, Argentina; Cape Town, South Africa; Shanghai, China; Dublin, Ireland; Sydney, Australia; and Barcelona, Spain. In all countries, internship opportunities are hosted by local...