Marketing Internships in Cape Town

If you are considering a marketing internship in South Africa, you will have a wonderful range of options to choose from when we search for your ideal internship site. Our Cape Town marketing internships are in high demand because companies and NGOs always have a need for interns with a marketing specialization. Whether you would like to apply your marketing knowledge within a more traditional corporate environment or at a grassroots NGO, we will find you an internship where you will have a very active portfolio of responsibilities.

• Tailored internship placement
  • 24/7 On-the-Ground Support
  • Weekly Cultural Excursions
  • Program Housing
  • Weekly Culture Series

Ashley

Summer of a Lifetime

Words can hardly begin to describe just how much my eleven weeks in Cape Town meant to me. Cape Town has an energizing, yet relaxed vibe, which compelled me to seize each day I spent here, but also become more easy-going. During my internship with Western Province Rugby, I learned so much more than just Marketing skills. I got the chance to see different parts of Cape Town, meet world famous rugby players, and discovered how sports can
impact the community in more ways than one can know. Throughout the summer, the VACorps staff was amazing. I knew that they each wanted to not only help me with professional development, but also create a personal relationship with me. The best part about VAC truly is the people. The friends I made this summer are some of the
greatest people I have ever met. In just a few short weeks, I bonded more quickly with them than with any other group of friends I've made. From hiking to watching sunsets on Signal Hill to having movie and pizza nights, spending time with these amazing people proved that the friendships I made here are for a lifetime. I can't thank VAC enough for giving me the greatest summer of my life.

Hannah

Most Amazing Experience

I've been wanting to come to Cape Town for as long as I can remember, so when I heard about VAC I was so excited for the chance to intern in this wonderful city. I interned at a small marketing agency for 8 weeks in Observatory. At my site learned valuable skills that I know will help me in the future. My favorite part about Cape Town has been the abundance of things to do while here. The garden route was my favorite activity while I was here. In one weekend I went bungee jumping, walked with an elephant, kayaked in a beautiful river, and went on a big five safari. This country is so beautiful and has so much to explore. VAC helped me feel welcomed and comfortable with the transition of coming here and that is something I will be forever grateful for. They were always open to answer any questions I had. I am going to miss Cape Town and VAC so much!

Riley Jay
Riley

Intern in Cape Town

I’ve been asked multiple times why I chose to go to Cape Town of all places for my experience abroad — I never truly had an answer, but knowing what I do now about living in South Africa I would have never picked a different place to go! This country has SO much to offer: activities, food, culture, diversity, language, adventure, experience, etc. There wasn’t a single day that I didn’t do at least something while I was there. The housing was conveniently located and everyone in the program was within walking distance of each other. I walked into the program not knowing a single person, and walked out of the program with some of the most amazing lifelong friends. The onsite VACorps and CISabroad teams gave us an orientation on our first day, checked in with us often, and hosted weekly activities! The application process was easy and both VACorps and CISabroad were helpful throughout. I recommend South Africa to anybody! If you’re even slightly considering going abroad, I’m telling you the answer is already yes!

About VACorps

The VACorps internship program creates tailored placements in Cape Town, South Africa. We consistently receive rave reviews from program participants, parents and university administrators alike because we devote all our energy to one purpose --...