South Korea Internship with Meiji Internships

Explore Seoul's city life!
Explore Seoul's city life!
Sing karaoke with your new friends!
Sing karaoke with your new friends!
Meiji Interns at a Pizza Party
Meiji Interns at a Pizza Party
Make friends from all around the world!
Make friends from all around the world!

Kick-start your international career with a life-changing internship adventure in South Korea!

South Korea’s soft power has already reached far beyond Asia and impacted many parts of Western culture with its thrilling K-pop music and fashion scene. In a few decades, the country rose to become one of the richest economies on the globe and hosts many world-renowned brands.

A South Korea internship will give you the chance to discover all the mind-blowing sights this exciting destination has to offer:
・Travel back in time at Bukchon Hanok Village
・Bibimbap, Kimchi, Patbingsu: Dive into the world of Korean delicacies
・Give hiking a try at Seoraksan National Park
・Relax by the beach in Busan
・Explore Jeju's natural beauty

As your gateway into Asia, Meiji Internships will fully assist you on your journey to work, travel and live in Asia. We organize your customized internship placement and accommodation - you pave the way for your international career!

• Fully Customizable: Choose from several industries and destinations according to your interests and talents.
  • Networking Opportunities: Gain work experience in global Japanese companies and establish crucial business connections to kickstart your future international career.
  • University Credit: University accredited internships in all major industries with 750+ host companies ranging from multinational corporations to innovative start-ups and influential NGOs across Asia.
  • Personal Development: Grow personally as well as professionally by challenging yourself every day through new and exciting projects.
  • Once-in-a-lifetime Experience: Step out of your comfort zone and start exploring Asia! Take part in social activities, allowing you to make new friends from all over the world!

Our programs are open to anyone! Some of our destinations, like Singapore, even have a sizeable Muslim community. The first step is to fill out our free application form and schedule a video call with us so that we can properly address any specific concerns you might have.

Yes, we accept applicants from Switzerland! :)

Samantha

One word: exciting!

South Korea is a splendid country with an amazing culture. I took advantage of my internship to travel and discover the country. I visited Seoul, Busan, and Jeju Island. All these places have their special charm and I got unforgettable memories. My internship was exciting. Sometimes I had great responsibilities in my work but I loved it. I learned to handle problems and to question myself about my work. I think my colleagues were proud of me because I listened to everything they told me to progress and learn faster. I became a real businesswoman haha! Doing an internship abroad is definitely the best way to grow and enter the world of work easily.

Mike

Amazing staff and wonderful experience

Everything was perfect in terms of housing, trips, learning... the wonderful staff was always around to give advice and organize fun events. I felt that they were doing their job with passion because they wanted to help me have an amazing experience. I consider my experience life-changing. I grew up as a person and got a great sense of responsabilities. Doing an internship helped me in my professional and personal development and it was a good break from school. I could learn about tourism while visiting and experiencing living abroad. South Korea is a fantastic country with incredibly nice people. I chose this country because I love asian culture and I hope I can find a job related to tourism in Asia after my studies

Alina

Spontaneous but best decision!

Doing this internship was quite a spontaneous decision. I have always wanted to go to South Korea, but I wasn't planning on going that soon! When I was looking for an internship, I found out Meiji and I was like "Nah, I can do it in Germany..." but my mum encouraged me to apply so that's what I did and... I went to South Korea haha! I have never seen such a beautiful place. When I arrived to Seoul I was overwhelmed by this incredible city! I had a good time socializing with the other interns of the program and visiting Korea. My internship was really rewarding. I had a lot of fun and interest in working with my co-workers and I learned a great deal about international marketing. I sometimes felt pushed out of my comfort zone, but those were precisely the moments I remember the most and from which I learned the most.

Stephane

Interesting business internship

I am studying international business at uni. I am interested in entrepreneurship and developing my own business. My goal with this internship was to learn from people who already succeed in their field. It's great to try by yourself, make mistakes and then learn from it, but I think it's even better to save time and invest in yourself. I took a lot of notes, asked a multitude of questions and tried my best to understand how a business works and how to succeed. My boss became my mentor and I am very grateful for everything he taught me. Even though everyone worked hard at the office, the atmosphere was friendly and it was a pleasure to go to work every morning.
Séoul is a really big city with plenty of activities to do and good restaurants to go to. Korean people are nice and welcoming, even in such a big city. (They have nothing to do with Parisians ahah)
Korea is quite cold in winter so you should bring warm clothes. And above all, come with an open mind!

Amy

My internship in Korea

I loved my placement and the work I had to do. I got to experience the working system of a culture completely different from my own. The Korean team of Meiji Internships was attentive and always here to help me when I had doubts. It was the first time for me to stay away from my family such a long time (3 months) and the team listened to me and adviced me many times. It was kind of like a second family. If you read this guys, I love you, thank you for taking care of me!

This experience helped me to gain self-confidence, work experience and an understanding of a beautiful culture. South Korea is an amazing country with amazing and kind people. Sightseeing in Seoul was a real pleasure, as well as going out at night with friends, and meeting with the team at work. I also gained some skills in Korean, without realizing it haha.

May

Interning in Korea: How to combine utility and pleasure!

As part of my studies, I had an internship of two months required to validate my degree in Fashion Design. I love South Korean fashion and pop culture so I didn't hesitate any longer and applied for Meiji Internships program! My best friend decided to go to Paris and at some point, I wondered if I wasn't doing a mistake and if I would be able to live in Korea on my own for 2 months but guess what? My internship experience was just perfect! Meiji Internship offers very good services and the woman with whom I had the first interview was so nice, asking if everything was ok, and organizing meetings with the other interns in Seoul. I was very happy with my internship and learning more about Korean fashion was priceless!

Dennis

Very positive feedback

I did a marketing internship in Seoul. My work was very interesting because I am self-learning about digital design and I can use Photoshop, Illustrator and Adobe InDesign, so they asked me to create fun designs for social media. It was the best part, I could use my creativity and my knowledge in marketing to create cool content. I also had to make some marketing researches. It was probably the most valuable task, I was able to use what I've studied at uni and have a concrete experience of it.
I made A LOT of mistakes and learned through it. If I have only one piece of advice for someone who would like to have a similar experience, it's that you have to be prepared to make mistakes, and not to be ashamed of it.
I had an amazing experience in Korea!

Thomas

Self-improving experience

My internship field was business development. So I learnt how to expand a business and I was able to help with new partnerships. They were really putting faith and trust in me, which was extremely beneficial and rewarding. I was able to make calls and attend important meetings. In the meantime, I gained knowledge about the organisation within a company (which websites and tools to use, how to communicate properly, how to divide tasks and stay organised...). I had to be patient because I had no experience in the first place. I can't say that it was easy because I had so many things to learn. But you know what? Life is not meant to be easy and you have to fight for what you believe in!
Now, even though this adventure is ending, it is the start of something new. And with the knowledge I got from this internship, I feel ready!