CIS Abroad Virtual Internship in Barcelona

Remote work isn’t the future way global business will function - it’s the present. With a virtual internship in Barcelona, work on projects for an international organization from your home base while adding a global perspective to your professional work experience. Apply your in-class knowledge to real-world projects, gain hands-on experience, expand your skill base, and learn what it’s like to work remotely across time zones and cultures. Although not a substitute for a traditional on-site experience, virtual internships can serve as an important stepping stone to build up your skills, resume, and cross-cultural understanding - a great foundation for future internships on site.

• Gain international experience without leaving your home
  • Flexible schedule - complete your desired hours over 8 weeks
  • Virtual La Vida Local experiences to connect you to Barcelona
  • Regular check-ins and support from your Site Director
  • Structured seminars to build professional skills and support the possibility of home school credit

CISabroad Scholarships and Financial Aid

70% of all CISabroad students receive scholarships, grants, or discounts to study abroad. We're unapologetically committed to increasing access to international education for all students.

$250 - $500

Jack

My experience

In the midst of a pandemic, Connect-123 was able to pair me with valuable work experience across the world. I am working for a nanotechnology company in Barcelona, and the experience learning how nanotechnology reactors work and how a start-up technology company functions has been invaluable. I have been a part of a vital process in growing their company, and with the wonderful advisors in Connect-123, I have been able to make the most of it. I have been able to make a productive use of my time as well as learn and grow in a field I’m interested in. Apply now!

It's tough being online, but I think everyone made the most of the experience. There was a lot of support and help through every step. I'm not sure what I would change, but I do feel very unaccountable for my actions since there aren't many consequences between me and the screen.