Internships in California with The Intern Group

We offer successful applicants the chance to gain invaluable work experience in one of the world's most exciting and fastest-growing economies. During your internship in California you will gain hands-on professional experience and build a network for your future career in Los Angeles. Your internship will make you stand out from your peers.

As an intern in California, your program includes accommodation, professional development tools and workshop, a one-on-one career coaching session, regular social and cultural events, airport pick up, 24/7 emergency assistance and many other great benefits. Apply now to our award-winning program featured in CNN, TIME and Forbes.

Realize your potential with an internship in California.

• Have a top-class professional internship in California! Our personalized process ensures that you will be interning in the industry sector of your choice, in a role that is tailored to your professional goals.
  • It makes your resume stand out! As one of millions of young people applying for their first job, you need to find a way to jump off the page. An internship abroad in one of the best economies in the world will make you stand out.
  • Make friends and professional networks in California and from all over the world!
  • Have an amazing life experience in California! We know that moving to a new place can be nerve-racking. That's why our team in California Is there to give you support 24/7.

Enroll with confidence

Learn more about our Lifetime Credit policy if your plans need to change.

New Internship Placements

View the latest intern placement postings on our job board.

Abasiama

Intern Group-California Program

It was a great experience. Lauren made all the interns feel welcome by organizing regular meetups and providing transportation to events. We did tours around LA to places like the Hollywood Museum, Warner Bros Studio to name a few. We also did an escape room event which I personally enjoyed. I got to interact with the rest of the group who were from different countries around the world. This internship also opened up more opportunities in my field because of the work experience I got during the 4 month period. I'd recommend it to people like me who needed a jumpstart to their careers and have been struggling to find internships in the past.

My advice would be work hard, play hard. Enjoy LA if you're new to the US, have fun and make sure you put in the work in your internship.
Omolade

LA was a dream come true!

I absolutely enjoyed my program and were I worked, it’s one I would never forget. Everything was well organized by the Intern Group and I was happy I was able to meet other interns that were eager to explore too! We explored the Hollywood, downtown and everywhere else you could imagine. The American culture is very vibrant and I’m grateful for my co-workers at work who were very hands on in the office and also showed me around the city too. I was able to discover myself and come out of my shell, test my social skills and improve on my work ethics. I realized that the corporate world is not as daunting as it seems; you learn along the way so don’t be nervous. You don’t have to know all If you’re contemplating, don’t think too hard! Just do it!!

Don’t panic! Go out and explore! Google maps and Uber are your best friends!
Tyler

Greatest Experience I have ever had!

I had the greatest experience with Intern Group in Los Angeles during their summer program of 2014. All of the day to day activities were great and very interactive. They did a great job with organization and keeping everyone busy. The internship coordination and the internship I received in the end was amazing. I had an amazing working experience and got to do some networking and make some great connections that will definitely help upon graduating college. Overall this was the best experience I have ever had and I plan on working with Intern Group again in the future!

I would try to have even more weekly presentations/networking events to give more opportunities to the Dreamers.
Megan

Most Incredible Summer

My summer in LA was by far the best summer of my life. Thanks to my wonderful internship coordinator, I was able to have my dream internship working in Fashion PR. Intern Group helped me gain a tremendous about of work experience along with making some of the most incredible friends. I highly recommend this program to anyone who wants to get a head start in their career.

n/a
Danielle

Life-Changing Experience

I don't think that people realize how much of an impact a summer away from home in an unfamiliar city can have on an individual. I do, because I experienced it for myself. Thanks to Intern Group, I was able to live in LA for 8 weeks with a top notch internship that I wouldn't have gotten otherwise. The skills and knowledge I gained are immeasurable. Not only did I learn skills and knowledge pertaining to my field of study, but I was also able to do a lot of self exploration and learn about life through my experiences in the city of angels. This experience was definitely once in a lifetime and something that is best understood once experienced for yourself. It opened up several opportunities for my future and allowed me to make lifelong connections. I highly recommend taking the leap of faith and applying to this program because it is a decision you will not regret. It was an investment in my future and I am certain that it could be an investment in yours too.

Taylor

Best Summer Ever

My experience with Intern Group in LA was the best summer I have ever had! Firs of all, I was in my dream city of LA. I've always thought LA was the place that I wanted to end up in. But I had never lived there for an extended amount of time. This was the perfect way for me to get that experience and realize how much I love living in LA. I didn't want to spend a whole term away from college, so this was the perfect program for me so I could do it over summer. Second of all, I got to spend it with amazing people that I never would have met had I not joined the program. I still talk to my roommate from the program even months later. All the amazing people that joined the program are all just as enthusiastic and excited to be there as you. Third, I got to check out a job in my industry that I was curious about. It was great having an amazing internship experience and getting a glimpse into what kind of job I will have in the future. I am so grateful I participated in the Intern Group program in LA and i encourage anyone and everyone looking for an internship in an amazing city to join any of the Intern Group programs!

I wish the housing facilities were a little nicer, but honestly, I wasn't expecting a 5 star housing development. It was as nice as they could probably get without housing us in a hotel.
Nicole

Take the Opportunity

It's so difficult to obtain an internship now days. This program walks you through step by step to make sure you secure the best internship possible. They plan seminars and networking events that allows you to make connections with people and possible employers. It's an incredible opportunity to succeed and it would be silly to pass up the chance.

I'm not sure there is anything on Dream Careers end that could improve. They were really there every step of the way.
TravelB

Lifechanging summer

Prior to this program, I came from a background where my parents and society dictated what it was to be successful; what major to select, what courses to take, etc. I had never been an environment where people asked me what I wanted to do and then supported me in whatever it was that maybe. The summer of 2004 reshifted my mindset all together at Intern Group. The weekly career workshops challenged me to think more outside of what I thought society had set for me. It empowered me to be more reflective in what I wanted to do and what my dreams were. The staff encouraged me to really pursue my dreams. Not just during the summer but after the summer. While the program lasted only 8 weeks, the staff and employees were a constant source of encouragement and support even now, almost 10 years later.

Lastly, I had never been to Northern California before and going to places like Lake Tahoe, working in San Francisco, going to Napa Valley really allowed me to have a full life experienced that showed me what it COULD be like on the other side of college. I made life long friends at the program where we have attended each other's weddings and even now embark on parenthood together. That summer with Intern Group really changed the trajectory of my life and made me more confident and capable in pursuing what I truly wanted to do and not what society had set for me.

If I could, San Francisco is cold during the "summer time". I had always envisioned California to be much warmer and in fact only packed shorts, t-shirts, and flipflops. Talk about a rude awakening when I landed and it was a high of 55 degrees. Besides that, the city was amazing and the program, staff, and my program mates were what made my summer so memorable