Global Experiences Internships in Washington DC

Global Experiences Internships in Washington DC

There is no better way to become a regular in the United States capital and to jump start your career than a professional internship in Washington DC. Live blocks from the White House, and obtain the eye popping work experience you need to get hired.

Global Experiences provides interns the chance to immerse themselves in the hustle and bustle of DC by providing 24/7 on ground support, amazing social events, and a truly customized internship match. Follow in the footsteps of over 5,000 alumni and receive award winning career development programming, and ensure the most customized placement focused on your own personal strengths.

• Over twelve years of placing interns has allowed Global Experiences to develop a truly customized match-making system. Our direct relationships with employers gives us transparency and accountability to help find the right employer for each intern.
  • Centralized, furnished housing puts you literally 3 blocks away from the White House. You're as central as it gets.
  • Our professional development support helps interns realize and utilize their strengths and skills. We help our interns not just obtain an internship, but help them gain clarity on their career.
  • Our Location Coordinators provide an insider's glimpse into Washington DC with 24/7 support, social events, and excursions. Social events and excursions may include a Nationals baseball game, a dinner cruise on the Potomac River, and a tour of the US Capi
  • If accepted into our program you are guaranteed an internship within your field. That means not having to worry about your summer plans or the quality of the internship.
North America » United States of America » Washington D.C.
North America » United States of America

Lara
London
King's College London

Washington DC Internship through Global Experiences

When I think about my internship in DC, one word comes to my mind: lucky.
I am a first year law student in London and had never had a working experience before.
I was paired with a criminal defense attorney who was simply brilliant. He was kind to me and was open to answer to each and every one of my questions. He believed I was dependable and trusted my work and instinct. I was given more challenging tasks as the days went by and even got to interview a client myself on the spot, with no preparation beforehand.
I felt fulfilled and grateful for the opportunity that Global Experiences found for me.
In addition, the accommodation I was provided was central and close to the most beautiful landmarks in DC but most importantly, it was a George Washington Univerity student accommodation. I never felt alone both thanks to the GE crew sent to DC to organise social events and thanks to the presence of the other students or interns living in the same accommodation.
I definitely recommend using their services!

This was my first internship abroad with an organism like Global Experiences so I have nothing to compare it to. In my opinion, it was pretty brilliant. Maybe a session to discuss how my resume could be improved with my new work experience would have been nice!

Jabria
Currituck, North Carolina

Opportunities Wherever You Go!

Being accepted into the GE Internship program opened doors to many opportunities for me. Without my placement in Washington, D.C. I would not have been given the chance to gain experience in the field of my interest or live in a place that I have grown to love. During my internship, I had the opportunity to work with passionate and dedicated leaders, mentors and, eventually, friends. My experience through GE was invaluable and one that I could not have obtained through my school or on my own. GE has an amazing network of internship opportunities that may lead to employment opportunities. Don't miss out!

I think that GE does a wonderful job. While I believe that everyone can improve, I do not think GE could get any better. They not only place you in an internship you will gain necessary experience from, you will also come to love the work you do and learn more about yourself and your goals for the future.

Kellie
Rochester, New York

What a Great Experience in DC

In the beginning, I'd always dreamed of an intern abroad, and to my disappointment, I didn't get one, BUT I was not disappointed greatly with the DC decision. DC was a wonderful place and had many cool adventures, which I never had an opportunity to explore in my previous visits to DC. I would go out to run around the Reflecting Pool and enjoy the views every evening, and I would go to visit the museums on weekends. Also, it was the gigantic challenge for me to overcome because I am Deaf, but thanks to the wonderful people in the Global Experiences and their unconditional supports, I was able to overcome the challenge.

N/A

Lauren
London, United Kingdom
Truman State University

GE D.C Review

My personal experience with Global Experience's Washington, D.C program was incredible to say the least. I worked for a company that shared my views and welcomed my input from day one. Global Experiences did a wonderful job matching me with an employer and I am still in contact with my advisor(s) to this day. The connections I was able to make in D.C were outstanding! I met Harriet Fulbright, employees of numerous non-profit and educational agencies, and on one special occasion, even Hillary Clinton! Networking in D.C is unlike anything I have ever experienced and Global Experience staff nurtured the relationships I made along the way.

As a student, the transition from going to classes a few hours a day to working full time was really difficult for the first few days, but after I was able to get used to the atmosphere and really make an effort to make myself useful in my workplace, I was able to take on tasks that made my days go by quickly and made me feel valued as an individual. During my internship I facilitated chapter relations, developed spreadsheets based on research, completed a diversity initiative, managed member interviews for a newsletter, created flyers and posters, submitted writing samples, and more!

If you are looking for an unforgettable summer in a culture-rich, lively city, I would highly recommend Global Experiences internships in Washington, D.C.

There could be more transparency with regards to the placement timeline and the cost, and I think having one day off every couple of weeks would be really nice because I would have liked to have been able to travel around the city more. It is absolutely beautiful!

Sheena
United Kingdom

Time in DC

Interning in Washington DC this summer, was most certainly an experience not to forget! Being able to work within in the heart of the political world itself is only one of the pro’s of doing an internship here, firstly we were situated in Foggy Bottom area which was only a 6 min walk from the White House, the monument and many more infamous attractions, there were also a number of great restaurants and bars right on our doorstep which came in handy. We stayed in GWU student housing, which was great as there were many other interns who were of similar age and we therefore made many friends outside of the GE group and had plenty of parties, but other than the fantastic social aspect of the summer, interning in DC gave me the direction I required and I have now discovered my true passion and know what it is I want to pursue after graduation. Within my internship itself I not only got to learn more about the Criminal Justice System but I also got to see what happened behind the scenes and was able to brush up on my networking skills. I highly recommend doing an internship in DC with Global Experiences. They were incredibly helpful and supportive throughout the entire process and also made it easier to transcend into DC life.

I would suggest that you make sure that you let Global Experiences know exactly what type of internship and what you would like out of it, as this will make it a much more enjoyable process for yourself and will ensure that you get the maximum out of your internship. I would also suggest that you check that the visa company are eligible to grant you a J1 visa, as it is unnecessary stress if they are unable give you one at the last second. And most of all make sure that you go into your internship with no preconceived expectations (which is hard but worth it, trust) as this will also allow you to get the maximum experience from your internship. Finally enjoy, its most certainly a once in a lifetime experience!

LexieZ19
Lake Forest IL
Lake Forest College

DC internship

I had a wonderful experience at my internship. I loved every minute of it and got to do a variety of things from immigration work, to a few estates to a murder trial. This internship was the reassurance I need that I am destined to be a lawyer.

Vicky
London

Washington DC

I thoroughly enjoyed my internship in DC in Summer 2012. We were situated in the heart of DC, Foggy Bottom, 10 minutes away from the White House! We were staying in student housing so you got to meet a range of people, all of whom were undertaking internships as well!
The transport system is great to get around the city, the metro is so easy! My daily trip down to Capital South would take me about 20 minutes including my usual morning trip to Starbucks. There is so much to do in DC and after being there a week it really will start to feel like home! I would recommend Global Experiences, they really listen to what you want to do, but it is your internship and only you can make the most of your 8 weeks!

I would be more realistic about what I want to do, and would try and work within Congress although being British this is difficult to come by. I would recommend that the individual thinks hard before giving their final choices to their representative as you don't want any regrets.

Global Experiences believes that everyone deserves a career they love, and their mission is to help young people find their paths sooner in life. Global Experiences internship programs open doors for young people to enrich their lives personally and enhance their futures professionally. Along with