NOW RECRUITING FOR THE 2021 ACADEMIC YEAR
Looking to teach English the heart of Central Europe but don’t have an EU passport and also don’t want to join a restrictive assistant teaching program? Working with English Wizards provides you the option to find paid teaching jobs at schools all over Poland with a legal work visa and full support available inside and outside of the classroom.
Poland is one of the world’s fastest growing TEFL destinations due to its charming culture, beautiful medieval cities, low cost of living, and the widespread availability of jobs for native English speakers. Navigating the job market alone can be quite difficult, especially without EU citizenship, but English Wizards makes the process easier than ever before!
Jobs in Poland
Poland’s major cities, including Warsaw, Krakow, Gdansk, and Wroclaw, have an abundance of teaching jobs available and don’t suffer from oversaturation of English teachers. At least not yet!
English teachers will find a wide variety of jobs available in Poland. In the private sector, there are opportunities to teach at private language schools which cater to both adults and children, as well as preschools. Business English is also growing rapidly, and many teachers will sign contracts directly with companies to teach their employees. Jobs in primary and secondary schools exist as well, mostly in the form of teaching assistantships. Private tutoring is also very popular.
Schools hire teachers year-round to fill the constant demand, with peak hiring season being at the start of the academic year in September. Although summer camps are not as widespread as they are in other European countries, teachers who choose to stick around over the summer usually have no problem keeping their schedule full until the fall.
Salaries for native teachers range between €8 and €16 per hour, depending on your experience and qualifications. With a typical teaching workload of 25 hours per week, a teacher should expect to earn something in the range of €750 to €1500 per month. Considering the low costs of living in Poland, this allows for a fairly comfortable lifestyle, covering everyday life as well as some “extras” such as regional travel around Central Europe.
Poland Jobs 101
• Bachelor’s Degree NOT required
• Year-round hiring; start whenever you'd like!
• Schools hire both in-person and in-advance (most prefer in-person)
• Most schools follow academic calendar (September to June)
English Wizards is built on the concept of providing as much flexibility as possible for every teacher. Upon enrolling in our program, you will always be able to work with your program director to modify your travel plans if necessary.
Although Poland's border remains closed to most non-EU citizens, English Wizards provides all of our teachers with the necessary documentation to enter Poland regardless of travel restrictions.
• Legal work visa before coming to Europe
• Work anywhere in Poland – uniquely, our visa allows teachers to teach anywhere in the country, not just at one school
• Job placements & assistance
• Optional TEFL Certification and ongoing training
• Optional airport pickup and arrival assistance
• Accommodation assistance
• Lifetime access to a wealth of teaching resources, such as lesson materials and job guidance
• Onsite support from our 24-hour support staff
• Orientation and regular social events
• Being part of Poland’s largest community of English teachers (50+ active teachers and counting)