- Native speaker of American English.
- Ideally located and/or able to work in China/Korea time zones.
- Advanced proficiency in English.
- Bonus points if you also speak Chinese or Korean.
- Proven experience teaching English to speakers of other languages and/or a degree in language teaching, applied linguistics, or a teaching certification.
- Passion for the learning and teaching of language and culture.
- Experience using technology in live online language instruction preferred.
- Demonstrable ability to learn new technologies (experience with Zoom, the Google Suite, and similar tools preferred).
- Hourly pay with the possibility of regular merit and loyalty increases
- This remote position allows you to connect from anywhere in the world and enjoy the flexibility to work at hours that suit you and your schedule. In this role, you will be part of a diverse team of coaches and administrators who are there to support you a
We are looking for enthusiastic and knowledgeable language instructors for Mango Live, our online live instruction program. In this telework contract position, you’ll prepare personalized blended learning assignments and sessions using proprietary Mango Languages learning tools. You’ll coach and assess groups or individual working professionals as well as their spouses and children. In your classes, you will use the communicative approach as well as proprietary methodologies and curricula to facilitate our online live instruction sessions.
This remote position allows you to connect from anywhere in the world and enjoy the flexibility to work at hours that suit you and your schedule. In this role, you will be part of a diverse team of coaches and administrators who are there to support you and exchange ideas. Regular feedback and ongoing training will help you grow as an individual and professional. You will build relationships and establish powerful connections with your students as you guide them and follow their progress.
As the ideal candidate, you are able to communicate clearly and effectively in both English and your native language. You are an experienced educator with a passion for learning and teaching language and culture.
- Apply the communicative approach and the Mango methodology in online language instruction for adult students.
- Prepare personalized sessions using proprietary Mango Language learning tools.
- Coach professional clientele and, in some cases, their spouses and children.
- Evaluate students’ language proficiency and provide regular progress reports.
- Manage multiple individual and group students with various schedules across varied levels of proficiency.
- Manage attendance records, student schedules, and syllabi.
- Commit to teaching between 10 and 20 hours per week on a flexible schedule, usually during working hours in China and Korea.
- Commit to approximately 8–12 hours of initial online training, paid for by Mango Languages.