Native Spanish Program — Immerse Yourself in Peru

Maximo Nivel Spanish Class on a field trip to see the Hiram Bingham exhibit at the Casa Concha Museum.
200 steps up at Ollantaytambo ruins on a weekend day trip.
Mugging with a homestay friend at a shop that gives great discounts to Maximo Nivel participants.

Maximo Nivel offers Spanish immersion programs at our institute in Cusco, Peru. Our Native Spanish Program is ideal for students, professionals, and adventure seekers. Basic to Advanced levels are available. Expand your studies with optional service learning and internship programs.

Our Native Spanish Program is the most intensive and professional Spanish language program in Latin America. Spanish classes emphasize oral communication and integrated skills development to help you really build your Spanish language proficiency.

Spanish programs include:

- Airport pick-up
- Spanish language certificate
- All books and materials
- In-country orientation, safety presentation, and walking tour
- Free Office-wide WiFi and computer lounge
- Home-base facilities and multi-lingual team support 7 days/week
- Free Salsa lessons
- Free Cooking lessons
- Activities calendar

University credit is available via our official School of Record: California State University-Monterey Bay

Travel Grants Available for a Limited Time!

Ready to work as an English teacher abroad? Register today for our award winning TEFL Certification in Costa Rica, Guatemala and Peru and apply for a special travel grant.

I travelled alone to Cusco (and to Antigua, Guatemala another time), and yes, there are always people around to make friends with and the Maximo Nivel staff are terrific! Very friendly and helpful with all needs and wants, from orientation, to where best to shop and sites to see. They will also put you in touch with World Travel (also in their building) and other reputable travel agencies for all...

• Instruction 8.9
Sabrina

Tres semañas em Cusco

I can define the experience in Cusco as unforgettable.
Cusco is a very beautiful city and very friendly people.
In Máximo Nível tudo everything was very good and recebi great support and attention from all teachers and the administrative part. I finish the course very satisfied.
I think Cusco and Maximo Nìvel were an excellent choice and I suggest for everyone.

Thanks for everything, I intend to return as possible.

I suggest doing an exam at the end of the course, considering the level that the student began the course and a new test when it ends. This will be very good for the evaluation of its development, as well as to propose opportunities for improvement and attention.
Caitlyn

Spanish class program

I stayed in Cusco, Peru for 6 weeks. I did 4 weeks of Spanish classes through Maximo Nivel and traveled throughout Peru. I LOVED every part-the homestay, the classes, teachers, school, and all the facilities. The school is super helpful in any recommendations and safety tips, and the travel agency they work closely with enhanced the stay! Through the travel agency they work with, I was able to travel to the mountains, lakes, Lake Titicaca and floating islands, the amazon, Nazca, Huacacchina, and Paracas. They were very helpful and made every trip I took safe, secure, and enjoyable. I highly recommend this program!

Gabriela

Amazing

Translated Review:
The Spanish classes were very good. It was a very amazing experience.

Original Review:
Foram muito boas as aulas de espanhol. Foi uma experiência muito incrível.

Rose

3 months, 3 countries, so fun!

I had a great experience with Maximo Nivel, first in Peru and then in Costa Rica. My host families have made me feel like part of the family, the staff is super helpful, and instructors have altered classes to my interests. I knew some Spanish before arriving, which was very helpful for my first few days, but my comfort level has definitely grown the longer I have been here. I still have one month to go in Guatemala, and I cannot wait!

Kumari

Great time

I have loved studying at Maximo Nivel. My teachers were amazing. My favorite part of each class was the conversation. I feel like I was able to work on getting my ideas out as quickly and as accurately as possible. And that is a very important skill to have, while traveling in Spanish speaking countries and in life in general. I also really enjoyed having a teacher who was around my age. Karla was so fun to be in class with because she made each lesson less like class and more like a fun conversation with a friend. She gave great recommendations for things to do in the Cusco area. The free salsa class is a great bonus too! I am very grateful for all that I have learned at Maximo Nivel.

Maybe include more homework from the textbook. Or just give students recommendations on how to use the textbook independently.
Elizabeth

Maximo Peru

I like Maximo.
I think that the price for the homestay could change and be more reasonable in price.

Overall, the experience was good. I enjoyed my classes and teachers here. I liked that the school has english classes for Peruvians and I was able to meet new Peruvian friends here.
I think the tandem program is really useful, I now have a great Peruvian friend that I think I will have for a long time. We speak more spanish than english, but that is ok.
I like that maximo has a computer lab and a cafe.

I would hire another tutor at maximo.
Larissa

Una escuela buena y de respecto

Quiero agradecer a todos por todo el tiempo que estuve acá en Cusco, especialmente las profesoras y funcionarias de la escuela Maximo Nivel. Llegué acá con un poco de miedo, por que siempre es extraño estar en un sítio con una cultura totalmente diferente de la suya, Sin embargo, yo me senti como se estuviera en mi casa (Brasil), pues fui muy bien recepcionado por todos.

Gracias a todos de Maximo Nivel por esa oportunidad unica en mi vida. Aprendí español y, sobretodo, tuve relaciones humanas y experiencias fantasticas acá.

Mi corazón es mitad peruano ahora. ¡Hasta luego!

A mi me gustó todo el programa.
Vitória

Tempo em Peru

TRANSLATION:
It was incredible to experience at the highest level, thank you for teaching me, I feel safer with Spanish now. I have nothing to complain about the teachers, the secretarial staff all very attentive. Many thanks to all <3

ORIGINAL REVIEW:
Foi incrível a experiência em maximo nivel, agradeço pelo aprendizado, me sinto mais segura com o espanhol agora. Nao tenho do que reclamar os professores, o pessoal da secretaria todos muito atenciosos, ameiii. Muchas Gracias a todossss <3