Review VP BALI
Diego De Corcuera Serrano
It doesn’t matter where you come from. You can either come from the other side of the world or just a couple of hours away, but the moment you arrive it begins to feel special.
Since the beginning you get picked up from the airport, all the way to the homestay your assigned to. If your excuse NOT to join Vp Bali is getting lost on the way or not meeting anybody, do not worry about it. Some of the volunteers arrive by themselves, and leave making new friendships from all over the world.
VP Bali has an amazing school schedule, because school begins around 1 pm to 5 pm almost. This leaves you more than enough time to prepare classes, see water fountains in the morning, or go to the monkey forest, or do a million different things. Also, VP Bali allows you to travel on the weekends after school with the other volunteers to wherever you want to go! It’s a perfect excuse to have fun on the weekends, travel and bond with the other volunteers.
Also Ubud it’s an amazing location in Bali, the spirit of the place will cheer up everybody. You can walk all around downtown, eat good food, or do some shopping at the market without the use of a car or a scooter. The home-stays are located perfectly, and also the families from the home-stays are really nice. They would always make sure everything is good while you stay with them. Also! The Home-stays include free breakfast in the morning. If you come with friends to the program, you can ask to be placed with them in the room.
The VP Bali school is great for making an actual difference for yourself and for the involved ones:
1. You can see over time how you bond with the children, and see them grow from your first day till your farewell.
2. It’s all fun! The children are really eager to learn english, get to know you more, and play lots of new games!
3. When you team up with your coteachers you create a special bond with the kids, because they will be more eager to be in your class if you have a good relationship.
4. Don’t know Indonesian or Balinense? Do not worry! Every single class room counts with Local Coordinators that will be happy to help you traduce some words that your students struggle with.
5. Creating life long memories with the students is priceless. You’ll see that most of them remember all the previous volunteers in the program, and tell you good stories about them. These means that eventually you’ll be one of those memories.
6. Your transport is already paid to go to school and back to the homestay! So don’t worry about walking in the hot Balinense weather.
7. Once is your farewell, you’ll see all the impact you caused in the VP Family, and the life long memories you’ll keep forever.
The program is also water clear with it’s finances so, do not worry or wonder where your money is going! The program wants to make the money worth it for the children, and not to make a profit out of it. If you have more questions about this, please visit Vp Bali’s web page.
For me VP Bali will always be one of the best memories I’ve had so far. I would recommend it to anybody who wants to do a volunteer program, and also travel at the same time. I am so thankful for this experience, and more thankful for people I got to meet on the trip. Definitely you do not go empty handed back home. Come join the Vp Family, and have the time of your life!