Next Step China - Intensive Tutoring Program

Next Step China - Intensive Tutoring Program

The Intensive Tutoring Program allows anyone who wants to study Mandarin the opportunity to work one-on-one with a professional tutor. The material is 100% customized to each student's language goals. This program runs year round, flexible start dates and program durations mean you can come exactly when you want for as long as you want.

The Intensive Tutoring Program includes a variety of learning methods. This includes book work, conversation work, and getting out with your tutor to practice in real life situations, whether that be ordering in a restaurant or giving directions to a taxi driver.

Asia » China » Shanghai
Chinese
Age Requirement
Language Requirement
Visa Requirement
Program includes courses, course material, housing in luxury apartments, airport pickup, a local cell phone, 24/7 on-site staff assistance, activities and excursions, and much more.

Wendy
Malaysia

Worth it!

NSC exceeded my expectations. The fact that they cared very much about their participants assured me that choosing them over their competitors was worth it. I was impressed - I had to leave China earlier than my expected date, so they added an extra tutor to make sure I don't lose my hours. Despite that, they created the program so that I did not get too tired and over-stress myself by the end of the day

Wendy
Malaysia

Worth it!

NSC exceeded my expectations. The fact that they cared very much about their participants assured me that choosing them over their competitors was worth it. I was impressed — I had to leave China earlier than my expected date, so they added an extra tutor to make sure I don’t lose my hours. Despite that, they created the program so that I did not get too tired and over-stress myself by the end of the day.

Rosa
Spain

Tutoring Program

I think that the best way to learn a language is going to a country where it is spoken. In my short stay I improved my listening comprehension and my spoken Chinese. NSC’s tutoring program was an intensive one. It was divided in two parts per day with two different teachers that helped me constantly in my Chinese learning. It felt as a real immersion in the Chinese language, which was EXACTLY what I was looking for. Everything was very good, NSC took care of all my needs and did more than I expected.

Holly
California

I was always in safe hands!

I feel like Next Step China makes you really feel you are part of a community as soon as you arrive. They come straight to the airport and then you have the welcome dinner and get to know everyone else at the same time. I really like the community approach of Next Step China because everyone in the program has similar goals as you. I really enjoyed the tutoring program I like having the two different tutors so you have two different teaching styles it also means you are doing two different textbooks so you have the language of both complementing each other as you go along and you recognize structures from both tutors and that is encouraging because you can feel yourself improving. I also feel the tutoring program, because it is one on one, your Chinese improves vastly as opposed to being in a University with so many students where teachers don’t have the time to focus on you because they don’t have the time to sit down with you for that length of time and go through every problem you have.

Philip
United Kingdom

I felt thoroughly taken care of.

The staff did a wonderful job helping me with my bank problems and got me free access to the gym (given short stay). Every time I had something I needed, someone was always there to help out. NSC does a great job. Professional site design, price and programme flexibility.

Jonathan
Usa

I was surprised!

Coming on my own I don’t think was ever really an option for me, because I was working pretty much up until I got here, so I didn’t want to spend time getting my police registration, or signing up for wifi, trying to figure out how to even do all those things. I wanted to really spend my time studying the language, getting to know the city, meeting people, and so Next Step China handled all those things, and when I arrived, we went out to dinner, and we had a neighborhood orientation, and went out… we were able to get the process going right away.

At Next Step China, we are dedicated to offering a comprehensive range of affordable and flexible programs in China for students, professionals, and government officials.

We offer semester, summer, and custom-length programs that immerse you in the Chinese culture and language. Whether you prefer to