XJTLU Chinese Language Courses

XJTLU Chinese Language Courses

Are you interested in learning the most commonly spoken language in the world? XJTLU offers non-degree courses in Mandarin Chinese for beginner, intermediate, and advanced learners.

The delivery of the Chinese courses is interactive and “hands-on” with a focus on stimulating activities so that you experience the language as you would in real life situations. The modules emphasize listening, speaking, reading and writing, enabling students to learn Chinese language and culture in an all-round way.

• Interactive and "hands-on", stimulating activities, real life situations
• Emphasis on listening, speaking, reading and writing
• Small class teaching - no more than 20 students

Visa Requirement

Anthony
Los Angeles

Extraordinary Learning Opportunity

I had an amazing time in Suzhou at XJTLU! The campus is beautiful and the teachers are top-notch. I can't wait to go back and take some more Mandarin courses. We also had a nice time in Shanghai during the evening which is about 25 minutes away on the train. Since the campus is located near many other universities there are plenty to opportunities to practice your Chinese with other students eager to practice their English

Bryan
Suzhou, China

Language Program in XJTLU

It was a really good experience for me to learn Chinese, and the program here was really helpful. The school also provide use with a trip to other cities in China, which can help us to know the culture of China

Sissi
Suzhou, China

Fun and mind-opening experience

I am still taking place at the language course at XJTLU and could already proceed in the advanced level. My main studies are a Master in Management in the International Business School Suzhou at the Xi'an Jiaotong Liverpool University. The language course is an additional course I can take for free!
The language school department organizes trips for international students. Last year we went together to Xi’an to see the Terracotta Armey and visit this beautiful city. It was so much fun traveling on a night train with all the students and spending some exiting days together.

I found living in Suzhou much easier than I expected before. Even though English is not so commonly in Suzhou, everything regarding school and dorm can be done in English and your Chinese friend are normally more than willing to help you with settling down. Suzhou is much more relaxed than Shanghai and but has an vibrant night live in the same time. There are many places with international flair but also this very typical ‘China’ world.

Culturally I really could step into new cultures, open my mind to new concepts and regained flexibility in my thinking. I learned o lot from my fellow students from so many different nationalities and experienced many interesting and funny things. Studying abroad is not always easy but it definitely pays off!

If I could change something it would be the book we used. For my taste the focus was too much on school students.

Xi'an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is an innovative and energetic joint venture university located in Suzhou, China. XJTLU offers over 60 UK undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs, taught in English by international faculty. Study in the areas of sciences, engineering, computing, mathematics, architecture, urban planning, industrial design,