CIS Abroad - Summer in Costa Rica

study abroad student in costa rica summer
study abroad student in costa rica summer

On our Summer in Costa Rica program, you’ll live in the vibrant capital of San José at Universidad Veritas. Here, you can improve your Spanish, take fascinating courses in English, and explore the country’s incredible biodiversity. You’ll live with a local family to truly immerse yourself in Tico culture. When you aren’t hitting the books, you can dip a toe into the activities that make Costa Rica a top destination, like hiking volcanoes, zip-lining over the rainforest, and sipping delicious home-grown coffee. The Costa Rican saying “pura vida!” translates to “pure life,” which you’ll find is the way of life in this laid-back Central American country.

• Multiple dates and program options to fit any schedule
  • Wide course selections, from art to business to tropical ecology
  • Additional excursions available throughout Costa Rica for an additional fee
  • Cooking classes, dance classes, and sports events to help you bond with your classmates
  • Small language classes to bolster Spanish skills

CISabroad Scholarships
CISabroad Scholarships and Financial Aid

70% of all CISabroad students receive scholarships, grants, or discounts to study abroad. We're unapologetically committed to increasing access to international education for all students.

$250 - $500

Samantha

Best Experience Ever!

CIS Abroad helped me in many ways in choosing the right program for me. The advisors and alumni network were great resources when picking a place to study. I lived with a host family which was an amazing way to learn and be a part of the culture, and it also helped me with my Spanish as well. Also, CIS Abroad is one of the most affordable programs to study abroad, and it includes more than most. Post-program, I now know a lot more about traveling safely and more about a latin culture.

Housing students with families who speak some or more English.
Brooke

San Jose 6 weeks

I attended Veritas Universidad which is a small college in san jose. It was a cute school with fantastic teachers -seriously, they were all beyond fantastic, friendly and welcoming. My host stay was more difficult getting adjusted since my host mom knew no English and had a very thick accent that made communicating in Spanish difficult as well. Every place we visited, Manuel Antonio, Puerto Viejo, ECT, was absolutely stunning and beautiful. They were also easily and cheap to travel to on your own! Our program coordinator, Jess, was really helpful and always available if you needed her. She even went out of her way to drive me to the health clinic late at night after a cat bite my hand. I would highly recommend this program to anyone looking into going to central or south america.