Spend the summer in the lively capital of San José, Costa Rica with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 10 credits while studying at Veritas University. Courses are taught in English and Spanish with no previous Spanish language study required.
You’ll begin or improve your Spanish in a Spanish Language and Latin American Culture course. Specialized Spanish courses in business, health and law enforcement are also available.
Live in a homestay within walking distance of campus. Your host family will provide a weekly laundry wash and will also provide you with breakfast and dinner daily.
Cultural and social activities will include:
• Walking tours of San José
• Costa Rican cooking classes
• Visits to local museums and historical sites
• 3-day trip to Manuel Antonio National Park, where you will explore some of the most beautiful beaches on the Central Pacific coast.
An optional, 2-day excursion to the great Arenal Volcano and hot springs spa is also available.
- Earn up to 10 credits and transcript issued by Veritas University
- 3-day trip to Manuel Antonio National Park
- Optional 2-day excursion to Arenal Volcano and hot springs
- No previous Spanish language study required
- Single bedroom in homestay with breakfast and dinner daily
AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships, Grants & Financial Support
We believe a study abroad experience is an essential component of well-rounded university education and we are committed to providing financial assistance to as many students as possible in support of their goal to study abroad.