USAC invites students interested in pursuing health, ecology, and conservation biology studies to come study abroad at the Sede de Occidente campus in San Ramón at the University of Costa Rica. The Life Sciences, Spanish and Culture Studies program is offered for the summer, semester or full academic year term. Looking to hear the rest of the details? Explore the USAC website.
- Study upper division science or honors courses in an ideal location for ecology, biology, and health sciences, in small groups with field experience.
- Participate in independent research, internships, or volunteer in field-related institutions.
- Get hands-on experiential learning about local flora and fauna in field study courses.
- Explore interesting, beautiful areas of Costa Rica on field trips.
- Enjoy a small town atmosphere with easy access to the cultural, historic, and urban highlights of San José, and to the Pacific coast.
USAC Scholarships and Financial Aid
USAC awards over $2 million in scholarships and discounts each year to assist students with their study abroad expenses.