Arcadia University- University of Westminster

This diverse, multi-campus University of Westminster is one of the largest universities in the United Kingdom. With real strengths in communications, STEM, and the creative arts, Westminster is known for its modern and superior facilities in the areas of Mass Communications, Film & TV, and Art and Design. Emphasis is placed on group work and team projects, and the development of strong leadership and communication skills.

Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Excursions may include: Harry Potter Studio Tour, Tower of London, and London Street Art Tour.

Arcadia University opens the doors to new experiences, different academic learning, people, cultures and perspectives so you can build your own lifelong learning and memories. With Arcadia, you can: Enjoy academic success, explore a new world, get to know yourself, rely on us for support, and boost your resume.

Tanner

A good semester in Central London

Living at Marylebone hall was the dream. The tube was right across the street. Beautiful walk to everyday (ten minutes past many embassies). The classes were not too difficult but I felt that I learned. Westminster is a very large school, but easy to make friends and connections. I would highly recommend this program to anyone studying Literature or writing, because of the large amount of classes offered in this field!

If I could change anything, it would simply be the exchange of information before departure. While most of it is not up to Arcadia (registration and housing) at times I felt a little in the dark. Once I got to London, however, the team on the ground was FANTASTIC!
Megan

Great

The University of Westminster through Arcadia was a great experience. Day to day experiences included walking around the city, shopping, exploring, going out at night. Weekends usually consisted of traveling to other countries throughout Europe.

Better bedding on arrival
Kelli

The Time of My Life Across the Pond

Studying abroad with Arcadia at University of Westminster was an amazing experience. Arcadia is wonderful in assisting students in transitioning to living in London. I had a really positive and informational orientation experience with Arcadia. They take you out to dinner your first night and also paid for us to see a London play together and take a tour of the Tower of London. Part of orientation is lecture-based, however the information you learn is very useful and interesting. Arcadia also has trips planned throughout the semester that you can sign up for to go to places like Cambridge or Oxford. The Arcadia staff is always available if you have questions or need anything. I was also very pleased with the University of Westminster. You will take classes alongside U.K. or international students, which is a great way to meet British friends. I stayed in the Marylebone campus and absolutely loved it. It was located in the middle of the city and it's right next to Regent's Park. Overall, I had an incredible experience and I am so thankful for Arcadia's program and support they offer to study abroad students.

I think the program could be improved if the trips throughout the semester were already paid for.
Megan

Great Experience Living in London

I had a great experience with Arcadia and the University of Westminster. The spring semester program was long enough to allow me to immerse myself in the English culture and explore the city of London.

I do wish, however, that international students weren't grouped together so often. Because programs, housing, and even some classes were solely for American and other international/study abroad students, I found that it was difficult to step out of my comfort zone and meet locals. While I'm grateful to have met so many wonderful people from the US and other countries, I often felt that we were separated from everyone else. It was tough to meet locals.

At the University of Westminster, I was able to take courses I was interested in that would fulfill requirements at my home school. The education system is different in the UK, but the setup was beneficial to my schedule and my desire to travel. I found some of the classes challenging, but not so much that I was struggling.

While I didn't interact with the Arcadia program team often, I knew that they were always a resource for me. The program team made sure that we all knew where the office was located and how we could get in contact with them. I went on one Arcadia-led travel program to Scotland, which was one of my favorite trips that I took all semester. They set up housing and tours for us, and all went smoothly. I also attended a small get-together with Arcadia toward the end of the semester, which was also nice. It was good to reconnect with the other students in the program after a few months.

When I was preparing to go abroad, I felt like I was a little in the dark. The Arcadia representative who was responsible for University of Westminster students didn't seem very knowledgeable about the program. She didn't seem to have much information on the housing or classes we were supposed to sign up for - it was clear that she had never visited the university. As a result, I was very stressed throughout the application process and ended up having to change my class schedule multiple times. The program ran relatively smoothly when I was there, but I wish the preparation was a little better.

About Arcadia University Study Abroad

Students from colleges and universities throughout the U.S. study abroad with Arcadia University through The College of Global Studies, the first college of its kind in the U.S. With over 130 programs in 12 countries, we offer a wide range of...