IFSA-Butler: University College London

IFSA-Butler: University College London

If you are looking to immerse yourself in a city that is a melting pot of various languages and cultures, look no further than London. The University of College London is the oldest and largest institution with the University of London federation. UCL is one of the best universities in the world, consistently ranking among the top 20 in various world rankings. It also has an active students' union with a modern theatre, vibrant arts scene, and plenty of clubs/societies to keep you busy while abroad. With so much happening on campus (and being in the heart of the city!), you are sure to have one of the most memorable experiences of your life.

Europe » England » London
Social Sciences
Sociology
Sustainable Development
Letters of Recommendation
IFSA-Butler doesn't believe in the nickel-and-dime approach to the study abroad experience. All of our programs include events and excursions exclusively for our students throughout their time abroad. We see these extras as a part of the larger academic experience. There are no hidden fees or expenses on an IFSA-Butler program. All of our fees, deposits and any supplemental charges such as meal plans are clearly outlined in our program fees.

IFSA-Butler has awarded millions of dollars in merit- and need-based scholarships over the past five years. Awards range from $500 to $5,000. We also believe that study abroad should be within the reach of every student, so we offer a wide range of scholarships and financing opportunities for our students.
Brighton, Bristol, Cambridge, Canterbury, Colchester, Laban, Lancaster, Leeds, London, Newcastle, Norwich, Nottingham, Oxford

Jessica
Brooklyn, NY
Wesleyan University

IFSA Butler is fantastic for study abroad!

IFSA Butler was supportive and welcoming throughout my abroad experience. I really appreciated having people at IFSA to call when I had questions or concerns during my application process. Once abroad, the London staff fulfilled many roles for me. They acted as my academic advisors-- alleviating my concerns about exams and assessments, answering questions about reading lists and content, and checking in on my progress throughout the semester. They were event organizers, planning weekend trips to different parts of England. They functioned as a family away from home, too -- hosting holiday parties and meeting for tea on campus. They knew my name, my courses, my travel plans. IFSA was more than just a study abroad program because in addition to coordinating my study abroad logistically, they also supported me personally.

Sam
London
Vanderbilt University

Amazing

I can't recommend IFSA Butler more highly. Really amazing staff, service, programs, and support throughout the process. I'm sure other programs offer similar services, but I don't think they could possibly offer such wonderful, caring people. You're resident advisors will become your friends, and you'll be sad they can't go out with you. Lynne and Andrew are bomb. I wish I could do it again. Make sure you go on the adventure weekend in Wales, one of the most fun times I've ever had.

Brienna
Lexington, KY
University of Kentucky

IFSA Butler was amazing!

IFSA-Butler was so helpful, it made my first experience abroad flawless! The staff is supportive, helpful, and compassionate. Plus, the freebies of an adventure weekend, day trips, and tea times were great. I really enjoyed UCL, it's a lot like a large, public institution in the states (Go CATS!). Words cannot describe how much I loved it!

I wish we could have gone to Stonehenge & Bath as a group? Other than that, I don't think it could have gone any better, personally.

Justin
London, UK
Williams College

Fun - even if you're broke

London has everything you could ever want in a city and in life. Could I have gotten more out of it if I had more money? Of course, but it was still a great experience living in London poor. Great practice for living on my own after college - much more independence than at home.

Reimburse travel for students who need to visit the office! Also, share prices of common items at local supermakets so students can know what to expect in budgeting for food.

The Institute for Study Abroad, Butler University (IFSA-Butler) is a nonprofit organization founded in 1988. Our primary goal is to provide quality study abroad opportunities, plus academic and personal support services, for qualified North American undergraduates seeking to earn academic credit through study abroad.

IFSA-Butler