KEI Abroad in London, England

KEI Abroad in London, England

Study abroad with the Knowledge Exchange Institute at London South Bank University (LSBU). With a wide range of course offerings available, finding a consistent course of study with your own should be easy. Stay on campus in a dormitory with other international students.

Explore the booming city of London, where the attractions and events are limitless. Included in the program fee are excursions to Bath, Stonehenge, Cambridge, Oxford and more. Don't wait any longer. Make next semester your time to study abroad in London, England with KEI!

Europe » England » London
Visual Arts

Holly
Florida

How I Feel About London

London is one of those places for study abroad that individuals either immediately think of or immediately say "no" to. However, I would say to give this amazing city a chance. Initially, I wanted to go somewhere where I thought would have more "culture" than a city I assumed was extremely Americanized. While it is similar in many ways (considering it has some fast food restaurants we have), I was shocked at the differences that London had to offer. With KEI, we were centrally located, and were able to experience all of the different aspects of London. KEI was concerned with our safety and well-being and supported us throughout the entire process. KEI set it up so that our program participants and on site support became like a family. If I had the chance to study abroad again, I wouldn't hesitate to pick either KEI or London over and over again.

N/A

Mariana
London, England

Life in London

Studying abroad was the best decision I have ever made. Coming from a small town, I never thought I would get to travel, let alone live in another country!

I tend to plan out everything, and planning for studying abroad was no different. I compared about 30 different programs, and included location, price, duration, and inclusions into my decision making process. After weighing the options, I found that KEI was the best option! I'm am so grateful for all the hard work that went in to making sure that each of us were fully prepared before embarking on this journey. While there, Susannah Kyte was the "Mama duck" for us students, and made sure we were always safe, healthy, and happy!

London South Bank University is a very centrally located Uni. The accommodation, the David Bomberg House, is a short 5-10 minute walk away from campus. Borough Market, and Tower bridge are only about a 10-15 minute walk away from your doorstep. I spent countless evenings eating dinner along the Thames, and grabbing Turkish candy from Borough Market.

While I took mostly general education courses while abroad, I found the classes to be challenging, yet not too difficult to pass with a good grade. The professors were extremely helpful when it came to writing papers (the most common assessment in Europe), and made sure we understood what was expected.

Although London is one of the most expensive cities in the world, this program through KEI was the most affordable I could find among many. Personally, I generally spent around $100 US per week, and about $600 US on travelling. London is so accessible for travel that I was able to visit 5 other countries while I was there.

KEI includes several different excursions in their program. One of my favorite memories while abroad was going up the Shard with Susannah, and the rest of the group. We spent a few hours watching the sunset from the highest point in London, and enjoying the sights. I will never forget this experience.

Danielle
Alpharetta, Georgia
Kennesaw State University

What I didn't expect...

Wanting to live in London had always been a dream, and being able to accomplish this dream has been unreal. Now, there were a couple of minor details that I did not care for such as having the room directly above the kebab shop. It may have kept my room nice and toasty, but for the summer, that was not exactly what I was looking for. Granted, at the end of the program, I did try the kebabs that had haunted me my entire program, and they were delicious. If only I did not despise their location.

The location of the dorm however was excellent. I had the opportunity to not only walk to class, but also to many places in the city. London, I have learned, is huge. On days that did not seem the best, I went for a walk along the Thames and was able to clear my head. It was nice to just watch everyone pass by and go on with their day and not be so focused on myself. The air might not have been the cleanest, but being outside was always refreshing.

This program could have been improved by having a different room, or maybe having a few more activities around the city. Other than that, I really loved all of the excursions and my flat mates. I also wish I was more involved in British culture and have more friends there, but I am happy with the couple that I have made.

Halen
London, United Kingdom
Sky Diving

London South Bank University

The view is very pretty and the University is close to many buildings of parlaments and central london. Some difficulties have been picking classes and making them transfer back to my college back in the States. Most days I have class for 3-5 hours and then I travel around the town exploring. Everything is very expensive but if you budget well and limit the amount of times eating out you should be fine. Overall I am really enjoying the experience.

Founded in 1997, The Knowledge Exchange Institute (KEI) believed that studying abroad with discipline-specific studies and professional development goals would better enhance the traditional cultural exchange and liberal arts approach. KEI's programs are best suited for those students looking to get more than just cultural