IFSA: University of Leeds Partnership

The city of Leeds bustles with energy, and the university's location in the heart of the city means you'll feel it too! Whether your passion drives you to start a business, explore the culinary world, or learn code, the University of Leeds has classes that will help you meet your goals.

• Study at one of the largest universities in Britain with an amazing selection of courses and departments and an international reputation for excellent teaching and research.
  • Attend classes on a self-contained campus with bars, food outlets, shops, a bank and supermarket.
  • Take advantage of one of the best student unions in the country with more than 50 sports clubs and 250 societies.
  • Enjoy and exceptional choice of studies across 50 departments and centers, including one of the few food science programs in the U.K.
  • The University of Leeds is a strong program for STEM students, especially engineering.

Me at the Alqueva Dam in Portugal
Thais

Amazing Year Abroad

I had an incredible year abroad in Leeds. I study Mechanical Engineering, and the program and classes available at the university were really great and filled all of the requirements that I needed. The social scene is really exciting there too! The city center is super close to the uni and the city is full of university students, so you always feel like you are around people your age and that there's always somewhere to go to every night. I'm also really glad I chose to go abroad with IFSA. They were super helpful with sorting out visa forms and housing and classes before I left, and were super useful while I was over. They even called me when I was sick to make sure I knew how to see a doctor! Overall, the university was beautiful and very prestigious, and IFSA as support and staff were incredible as well. If I were to go abroad again, I would definitely use IFSA again.

If you did this all over again, what's one thing you would change?
If I were to do the same program all over again, I would try and live in housing with other international students. I found it kind of difficult to settle in and figure everything out on my own, even though it was helpful in improving my sense of independence. I know that if I were to have lived with other people that were in the same situation that I was, it would have been an easier transition.

About Institute for Study Abroad (IFSA)

The Institute for Study Abroad (IFSA) is a nonprofit organization founded in 1988. Our primary goal is to provide quality study abroad opportunities, plus academic and personal support services, for qualified North American undergraduates seeking to...