RWTH International Academy: Automation and Simulation Summer School

RWTH International Academy: Automation and Simulation Summer School

In the Automation and Simulation Summer School, students receive an introduction to cutting edge computer technology and methods used in mechanical engineering. This program offers an overview of numerical methods used to solve engineering problems, as well as an introduction to calculation and simulation techniques in production.

Course topics include:
-Modeling of physical problems using Partial Differential Equations
-Numerical Differentiation and Integration
-Finite Element Methods and Numerical Solutions of Differential Equations

The RWTH International Academy works closely together with the International Office, the Language Center and the IAM, the Institute of General Mechanics at RWTH Aachen University, to offer a perfect mix of technical study and cultural experience.

Europe » Germany
Age Requirement
Language Requirement
EUR
Duration:
3 weeks (09 to 27 July 2018)

Course fees:
EUR 2,800 (including tuition fees, accommodation, half board, social activities and excursions)

Apply before March 1, 2018 and receive an "Early Bird" discount of 10%!
Aachen

Leonardo

An amazing and unforgettable experience

I had the opportunity of doing this Summer Course in 2017. I am sure it was one of the best experiences of my life and there are lots of different aspects that make me say that.

FIrst, talking about the academic part. I have contact with three fascinating teachers. They always cared so much for our learning and were always clever during the explanations. We were motivated for continuing our studies at home and applying in a final project. Not only the academical subjects were remarkable for me, but also about the methods for learning and studing will make a big difference for my academical and professional life. The institution RWTH Aachen and its structure are immense, its name for sure makes an important impact in our CV.

For me it is really hard describing the support we had. The international academy was always there, prepared, polite and friendly, solving all our problems and giving amazing advices. Even before the exchange program they were active and efficient by e-mails. In Aachen they made us feel at home and get the best possible for this experience.

Aachen is a small but active town. The night life was alive almost everyday and one could always find something interesting to do. It is important pointing that Aachen is a student town, full of young people. Besides that, the international academy always propose some activities that made our stay even better. The weekends were free and we could travel to different amazing cities, as Aachen is located in the middle of Western Europe. The group of students with us was amazing. Lots of interesting people from all over the world, having incredible experiences to share and new moments to live.

The housing was well located, in front of the Hauptbahnhof. It was easy for getting to the center of Aachen. The bedrooms were good and sharing one was not difficult. The common areas were important and good for us to socialize. The internet was a small problem, as sometimes it was not really fast. We had some trouble with the energy at the kitchens, but it was always fastly solved. Everyone had its own key and could arrive at the time one wants.

Overall, I would definetaly recommend Aachen. In all aspects this time made me a better professional and person. I am already prepared for applying again next year and living it all again!

Just small problems could be fixed. About the accomodation the internet could be better. One other thing that would make the summer course perfectwould be changing the its duration for 4 weeks, in spite of just 3. This way we would learn more about the subjects and would have more time in this amazing city.

Gabriel

Great experience

Staying in Aachen and studying at RWTH were one of the most incredible experiences I've ever had. I'm so grateful for all the attention, support, lectures, trips and all the learning that came from all these things. I've met people that for sure will continue being my friends for a long time. I just want to thank RWTH Summer School Team for such an amazing chance of getting to know Germany a little bit better. I hope I'll be back someday.

Better housing, the wifi wasn't good and the stove wouldn't work sometimes.

Profile Picture
Omar
Tunis

Three unforgettable and efficient weeks

I was really lucky to participate to the summer school of RWTH university, and to be supervised by the Institute of General Mechanics. It is an unforgettable experience. It allowed me to attend exellent lectures and to meet high-level professors. Also the summer school team was very welcoming and genial. The program was very well organized, I enjoyed the visit of the Julich Center.
Moreover, spending two weeks in Aachen, allowed me to discover the beautiful historical city, to know many amazing people from all over the world, and to try the student life in Germany.
I really hope to return to Aachen for a new experience.

Laura
Colombia

Summer school

Definitely the summer school of "Automation and simulation" is a great experience that I recommend. It made me grow both intellectually and personally, because I learned different things that have served me a lot for my professional career but I also met many people from around the world, from whom I learned about their culture and with whom I shared unforgettable moments.

I want to thank the entire summer school team for the great organization that had the course and events, and also for being always ready to help us make this experience the best.

As the central, executive education institute of RWTH Aachen University, RWTH Aachen International Academy is able to call upon the expertise of the university’s research institutes. Each of our executive education programs is developed in conjunction with RWTH Aachen Institute. The institute nominates a scientific