CYA has offered study abroad programs for over 50 years, originally founded as a gap year program whose spirit continues today in our immersive Academic Year program. With supplemental activities varying from archaeological digs to study-travel and volunteer/internship opportunities, students actively engage with their course material. Students live in apartments or homestays in downtown Athens: a European capital both rich in history and a contemporary hub for art, international business and relations, and debate on economic, political, and migration issues.
The CYA curriculum comprises of academically rigorous courses taught by expert faculty. Our course offerings encompass a range of academic disciplines. All courses are taught in English, and Modern Greek language courses are available. Classroom lectures are complemented by onsite courses and 3 field trips each semester to major historic and contemporary sites around Greece.
- Onsite classes and study-travel incorporated into program for cultural immersion
- Hands-on volunteer and internship opportunities
- Opportunity to learn Modern Greek over a full year
- Personalized attention from faculty and support staff
- Long-term community building with other students, CYA staff, and Athenian neighbors