CISabroad- Semester in Greece

Imagine strolling to class with ancient ruins as your backdrop. With a Semester in Greece, the city of Athens will unfold before you, and glimpsing the Acropolis will become second nature. Although Athens is Europe’s oldest city, you’ll also enjoy its modern flair and contemporary art. This historic metropolis has a vibrant street life and laid-back lifestyle. You’ll take classes at Hellenic American University’s Athens campus and live and study in the heart of the city. Small class sizes give you personalized attention and you can join student council or one of several student clubs. Thanks to guided walking tours and included excursions, you’ll never feel lost in your new home during your Semester in Greece!

Angela

The best experience of my life

*Update 4/18/2018*

When I was looking at locations to study abroad, I came across Greece. At my school, CIS Abroad was one of the few programs that offered Greece. Little did I know how much the experience would change my life. It has been almost over a year since I came home from Greece and I still keep in contact with almost everyone I met over there. The hospitality was incredible and everyone is so kind. It was easy to make this place my second home, and I hope someday I can live there again.

*Update 2/21/18*

When I decided to study abroad I had no idea how great it was actually going to be. I knew that I would be able to go and travel and see cool places but my time in Athens was so much more than that. I was able to immerse myself in a different culture that truly felt like home to me. I would give anything to go back for just a second and relive my time there. So to whoever is reading this, go and study abroad... trust me on this one.

*Original review 11/5/17*

Going through this program and spending a semester in Athens, Greece changed my life for the better. I became a person who wasn't afraid to try new things and step outside of their comfort zone. I met so many wonderful people and really immersed myself in the culture and got to know the locals. If you are a future participant and you are wondering if you should go to Greece or not, DO IT. I wish I could go back and relive my experience, it's just something you won't regret. My favorite memory was just soaking up the sun in the city of Athens, there is so much to see and do, I miss the days of roaming around that city.

*update 4/18/18*

The only thing I would like to see improved with this program was the organization with the apartment complex and the hotel that owned it. There was often times miscommunication that caused issues.

*Update 2/21/18*

Of course like every program there are things that could be improved. The housing was great but every room were very inconsistent. I think that CIS abroad has made living changes for the 2018 students from what I have seen though.

*Original review 11/5/17*

The only thing that could improve with this program is the communication between the Apartments we stayed in and the program. The apartments we stayed in were owned by a hotel a few blocks away from our apartment and any time we had issues we needed to let the hotel know, and they'd let our program know etc. The rooms weren't consistent with the things they had in them either, but at the end of the day, we made it work!

About CISabroad

CISabroad is committed to providing the best overall value in study and internship abroad opportunities. CISabroad programs are affordable and specialize in providing quality education and support throughout your study or internship abroad experience...