CIS Abroad - Summer in Greece

cis abroad summer study abroad in athens greece

Sign on for an unforgettable summer in Athens, Greece, the oldest city in Europe. During your Summer in Greece, you’ll take unique classes at Hellenic American University, but your classroom will extend into the city itself. Roam the rugged hillsides filled with lush wildflowers and gaze at the crystal blue Aegean Sea. Hop a ferry to Hydra to experience an island without cars or scooters. Delight in traditional cuisine with olive oil and feta cheese on every table. Basically, you’ll bask in the warm hospitality of the Greeks on campus and in the city. How’s that for an epic summer?

• Small, intimate school centrally located in Athens
  • Views of the ancient Acropolis from the top floor of a campus building
  • Greek cooking classes with fresh ingredients from local markets
  • Artful blend between ancient history and modernity in a 3,400-year-old city
  • Trips to iconic monuments from throughout Greece's rich history

CISabroad Scholarships
CISabroad Scholarships and Financial Aid

70% of all CISabroad students receive scholarships, grants, or discounts to study abroad. We're unapologetically committed to increasing access to international education for all students.

$250 - $500

Kelsey

My Experience Abroad

This past June, I attended Summer Session 1 in Greece under the program CISabroad. It is suffice to say that CISabroad provided excellent support in every part of my experience from the application process to being onsite and even when you're back home. Any concern I had was put at ease because the staff at CISabroad is amazing and helpful.

I was put in a beautiful apartment that had everything my roommates and I needed such as cooking appliances, a washing machine, towels, and much more. It was also within walking distance of the university we took classes at, so that was even more convenient. Also, the food was cheap which was very convenient, given that there was no meal plan included.

All in all, my experience was great and I got to live the most comfortable I could.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
I have to say my most nerve-racking moment wasn't only a moment. In fact, it lasted a few days. My first few days I was scared because it was unfamiliar territory and I didn't know anybody. Soon enough, that fear subsided. I become more familiar with the area I was in and the people I roomed with and studied with. In the end, I knew the area like the back of my hand and developed good friendships with most of the other students.