• Greece
    • Athens
Term
Fall, J-Term, Maymester, Short Term, Spring, Spring Break, Summer, Winter
Biochemistry Biology Dentistry Health Sciences History Life Sciences Medicine Nursing Physical Therapy Pre-Med

Program Details

Faculty LedProvider
High School Diploma Associates Bachelors Masters PhD.

Pricing

$2,000 USD
Fees:
2-Weeks: $2000USD
3-Weeks: $2500USD
4-Weeks: $3000USD

Deposit (non-refundable): $500 paid upon acceptance to the program. The remaining fees are paid 45 calendar days prior to the start date

The program cost includes:

24/7 in-country support
Airport pickup
Fully furnished shared accommodation
Hospital/clinic reference letter
Local English speaking coordinator
Personalized shadowing plan
Program & city orientation

The program cost does not include:
Travel to/from Greece, meals, major medical insurance, and all personal expenses and anything else not mentioned.
What's Included
Accommodation Airport Transfers Travel Insurance Wifi
What's Not Included
Activities Some Activities Airfare Domestic Airfare Classes Meals Some Meals SIM cards Transportation Travel Insurance Visa
Sep 17, 2021
Apr 28, 2021

If you have a passion for medicine and are interested in gaining valuable & intense observation experience coupled with the change of exploring Greece then this program is designed for you. Our programs offer the change to gain experience & skills to fortify your medical school application and help you evolve your professional career.

Shadow practice:
Medical
Nursing
Dental
Physiotherapy

Join our supervised medical observation programs for a chance to shadow doctors for up to 40hours/week in Greek hospitals/clinics. You will rotate through different specialties and witness medical procedures & operations that will help you decide on your studies.

Program Highlights

• Medical / Dental / Nurse / Physio Shadowing in Private & Public Hospitals
  • Shadow doctors for up to 40hours/week
  • Explore Greece and the surrounding islands
  • Hospital/clinic reference letter
  • Fully furnished shared accommodation in safe areas

Jacob

Fantastic Dental Internship

My main role during this internship was to observe, learn, and ask questions about dentistry. I was able to shadow a general dentist, oral surgeon, and prosthodontist at the clinic. Some examples of procedures included general cleanings, crowns/bridges/dentures, implants, root canals, and tooth extractions. I was also able to learn about new technologies within the field, including guided implant placements. Since I do not currently hold any professional dental certification, tasks were not able to be performed on the patients. However, I was able to help out with operatory setup/clean-up, and sterilization. I was able to witness a variety of dental procedures and understand how dentistry in Greece varies slightly from dentistry in Canada. All of this knowledge and experience has helped me to solidify my career aspirations within dentistry. Some specific skills include dental terminology, and interpersonal skills/patient-professional interactions. My favourite memory was being able to witness an abutment placement (for a dental implant). This was the most complicated case I had seen thus far, and my supervisors explained everything and answered questions, while performing this procedure. After completing my internship experience, I now feel on a personal level, more mature and responsible. Travelling on my own in a new country has been an eye-opening and welcome experience. Furthermore, I now feel more confident in my interactions with others. I gained a wealth of knowledge from my two weeks of shadowing and solidified that this path is what I want for my future career.

Karam

Dental Internship in Athens

I enjoyed everything in the internship - it was 100% worth it, I learned a lot and met new people that were amazingly helpful. From day one, I was made to feel like I’d always been part of the team. They taught and helped me in all ways - I honestly cannot find any substandard points to comment on, because this team gave me everything they could. I found that the locals enjoyed each moment by assisting you with happiness, which made my adaptation to the placement easier. I got what I expected from this internship, as it helped me to improve my own skills, while learning new skills that can help in the future. The doctors taught me how to deliver the ideas of the treatment to the patient, how I should communicate with patients, and how to implement a treatment plan (from the first step, through till the final step). This is going to help in my future postgraduate studies, because treatment plans are so important. My favorite memory from the internship was when we helped a patient by replacing his posterior teeth. This memory will stay with me for a long time, because it made a huge impact on the patient’s quality of life.

Francesco

Medical internship in Athens, in a top private hospital with cutting-edge technology

I conducted my Medical internship in Athens, Greece, in a top private hospital with cutting-edge technology. It was one of the most impressive organizations I have ever seen in healthcare. My internship role as a medical trainee was to assist doctors during their clinical activities and to observe them during surgery and endoscopy. My favourite memory from my internship experience was the prostate biopsy that the urologist let me perform under his supervision. It was a challenging, important and new experience. I also had the chance to observe one of the best hematologists in Europe at work, they were an amazing supervisor, teaching me a lot! As a medical student, this internship supported my long term goals, as I gained a lot of new clinical and hands-on experience, while also further developing skills I already had. Everything I learned during the hospital internship placement will be useful in my future career as a clinician. It will also help me to complete my medical degree.

My advice to future travelers is to explore the city and its neighborhoods as they all have something different to do & try. I really enjoyed my trips around the Acropolis and the beaches around Athens. Also the food was amazing!
Galina

Unforgettable Pre-Med Experience!

I learned what it is like to be a physician every day and I got to rotate in all the hospital's departments and gain a solid perspective of my medical career path. The hospital staff were very friendly and showed us many things. The coordinating team were very organized and they made us feel at home. Our apartment was in a safe area, clean and close to the city center and public transport. Athens is a very safe city with so many things to see and do. The food in Greece was amazing and our coordinators gave us a lot of information to experience Athens as locals do.

What was the most nerve-racking moment and how did you overcome it?
The surgeons invited us to participate to surgeries and stay next to them throughout the operation. During my first live surgery I was a bit afraid but they were so friendly and explained to us what they were doing and why and I got to love it in the end