Study Medical History at Hippocrates' Island of Kos, in Greece!
The International Hippocratic Foundation of Kos invites students to participate in a two-week Interactive Medical History course. This is a 40-hour course that runs under the auspice of the University of Athens, Medical School, and taught by experts (medical doctors and professors).
Participants will also have the opportunity to familiarize with the history, evolution, and culinary aspects of the Mediterranean lifestyle, through visits to archaeological sites and interactive educational group workshops. Participants will also have the chance to explore the island of Kos and the surrounding islands as part of the program.
Program dates for 2018:
Program A: May 13th till May 26th
Program B: May 27th till June 10th
Program C: August 27th till September 9th
- Study Medical History at Hippocrates' island of Kos
- Familiarize with the history, evolution, and culinary aspects of the Mediterranean lifestyle
- Explore the island of Kos and the surrounding islands
- Visit the Asclepeon of Kos where Hippocrates taught medicine
- Enjoy Kos with its endless coasts with turquoise waters, the affluent water springs, the ancient and medieval monuments, and the impressive Italian buildings