API Study Abroad in Dublin, Ireland

COVID-19 Program Updates

Due to global health & safety concerns and travel restrictions related to the coronavirus, API has decided to pause some of their upcoming programs temporarily and may be offering flexible booking options as well. Learn more about COVID-19 updates to stay tuned regarding program information.

Jumping for joy that I got to meet amazing people and live in an amazing country!
Had the opportunity to visit Northern Ireland!
The group of us API Maynooth students traveled along the Wild Atlantic Way!
This picture is from an API trip to London… we trusted the wrong person with the map #losttourists but it was still a lot of fun wandering around.
This is a picture of some of the friends I made while at Maynooth University
This taken at an API trip to Giant's Causeway
API Study Abroad Program at the National University of Ireland, Maynooth
API Study Abroad Program at the National University of Ireland, Maynooth
API Study Abroad in Ireland with API!
API Study Abroad in Ireland with API!

As the capital of the Republic of Ireland, Dublin is one of the liveliest cities in Europe. With one of the youngest populations comprising people from many different parts of Europe and the globe, the city has a full and varied cultural and intellectual life, which brings together the best of traditional Ireland and of modern Europe. Dublin is particularly fortunate to have many theaters, museums and galleries throughout the city. Famous for its literary and musical tradition, Ireland’s capital has been home to well known writers, playwrights, actors, and musicians for many years. A particular feature is the tradition of live music in every conceivable venue, from street artists to the National Concert Hall to the many pubs where traditional Irish music still flourishes. In the literary field, the contribution of native sons has been outstanding, with Jonathan Swift, Oliver Goldsmith, Oscar Wilde, George Bernard Shaw, W.B. Yeats, and Samuel Beckett amongst the most prominent.

API Scholarships
API Scholarships and Financial Aid Information

API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.

$250 - $1,000

Popular Programs

Maynooth

API students who choose to study abroad in Dublin at Maynooth University choose from a range of undergraduate courses as offered in the Faculty of Arts, Celtic Studies and Philosophy, the Faculty of Science and Engineering, and the Faculty of Social Sciences. Courses are arranged in the seminar and lecture styles, and grades are based predominantly on one final exam.

UCD

Students who choose to study abroad in Dublin at the University College Dublin (UCD) choose from a range of undergraduate courses offered in the Faculties of American Studies, Arts and Celtic Studies, Business, Engineering, Human Sciences, Law, Life Sciences, and Mathematical & Physical Sciences. Courses are arranged in the seminar and lecture style, and grades are based predominantly on work submitted during the semester and by final exam.

Trinity College

Students who choose to study abroad in Dublin with API at Trinity College Dublin (TCD) choose from a range of undergraduate classes open to Irish and international students. This program allows students to acclimate to the Irish university system, better preparing them to be able to integrate with the local Irish students.

dublin bridge

This four-week summer program presents the best of both worlds – the opportunity to live and study in Ireland’s only university town in a rural setting while being only a half-hour away from the hustle and bustle of Dublin. The Maynooth University summer school offers the largest number of summer course options of any of our Ireland programs in topics such as international business, economics, history, literature, anthropology, geography, and environmental studies.

Busy

This six-week summer program presents the best of both worlds – the opportunity to live and study in Ireland’s only university town in a rural setting while being only a half-hour away from the hustle and bustle of Dublin. Maynooth University's tailored international summer school offers students the chance to gain credit and enjoy classes with experienced and enthusiastic instructors, while also experiencing life in an Irish town located in the heart of Europe.

Wendy

Amazing Experience

I was extremely nervous to travel overseas and experience a different culture and society. But everyone associated with API made my transition so much better than I could have ever imagined. The people I met in my program at Maynooth will be in my life forever and I can't thank API enough for giving me the opportunity to branch out and have the time of my life! We traveled all around Ireland and got to experience the rugged and beautiful landscapes around the Emerald Isle!

I don't have anything to add because the program was everything I could have asked for and more!
Nicole

API Rocks!

API definitely made my experience so much more enjoyable. They were there to guide me through living for 9 months in a foreign country and just made the transition so much easier. I highly recommend studying abroad with the API program. I met great friends, my program directors were fantastic people. My experience studying abroad is the greatest of my life and I can guarantee that that is because of API. Through the program I met a few of my friends and through one of them is how I met was introduced to the rest that I would be with for the whole school year. They made the first couple days so much less stressful, and I loved going on trips with API (also the only time in my travels that I slept in a hotel versus hostel).

I really don't have much to say about improvements. It's a great program that's a little pricey, but you definitely get your money's worth.