API Study Abroad Program at Maynooth University

API Study Abroad Program at Maynooth University

Maynooth University offers students the best of both worlds - a smalltown experience located within an easy commute of Dublin city. The school prides itself on being Ireland’s only “university town,” and the beautiful, historic campus is closely integrated within the vibrant County Kildare town of Maynooth. The University traces its origins directly to the foundation in 1795 of St. Patrick’s College, Maynooth, and it is Ireland’s second oldest university. It has a long-standing international reputation for learning and academic excellence in the sciences and humanities. Maynooth University also offers a graduate option to API students!

Europe » Ireland » Dublin
Dublin, Maynooth

Wendy
Basking Ridge, New Jersey

Amazing Experience

I was extremely nervous to travel overseas and experience a different culture and society. But everyone associated with API made my transition so much better than I could have ever imagined. The people I met in my program at Maynooth will be in my life forever and I can't thank API enough for giving me the opportunity to branch out and have the time of my life! We traveled all around Ireland and got to experience the rugged and beautiful landscapes around the Emerald Isle!

I don't have anything to add because the program was everything I could have asked for and more!

Nicole
Raynham, MA
Westfield State University

API Rocks!

API definitely made my experience so much more enjoyable. They were there to guide me through living for 9 months in a foreign country and just made the transition so much easier. I highly recommend studying abroad with the API program. I met great friends, my program directors were fantastic people. My experience studying abroad is the greatest of my life and I can guarantee that that is because of API. Through the program I met a few of my friends and through one of them is how I met was introduced to the rest that I would be with for the whole school year. They made the first couple days so much less stressful, and I loved going on trips with API (also the only time in my travels that I slept in a hotel versus hostel).

I really don't have much to say about improvements. It's a great program that's a little pricey, but you definitely get your money's worth.

The mission of API is to transform lives by providing enriching academic and cross-cultural experiences that foster increased self-knowledge, cultural sensitivity and understanding of the global nature of our contemporary world.

*The former API Cultural Embrace and Aspire by API listings are now merged under