API Study Abroad Program at University College Dublin

API Study Abroad Program at University College Dublin

University College Dublin (UCD) is a dynamic, modern university where cutting-edge research and scholarship provide a stimulating intellectual environment - the ideal surroundings for learning and discovery. API students are also offered the option to study at University College Dublin through our graduate program! For over 150 years, UCD has produced graduates of remarkable distinction including famous surgeons, architects, entrepreneurs and five of Ireland’s Taoisigh (Prime Ministers). Perhaps the best known of all its graduates is the writer James Joyce, who completed his Bachelor of Arts at the university in 1902.

Europe » Ireland » Dublin

kconley
Washington
Washington State University- Vancouver

University College Dublin

At UCD I had a lot of down time and only had classes 3 days a week. There was only a final exam and a paper due at the end of the semester, which for me was not fun because you never had homework so as a visual/hands on learner I had to work harder to get a good grade. We lived on campus in dorms with other abroad or local students. All of my roommates were from Ireland and I just loved them. I felt pretty safe walking around campus by myself but going into town alone would never happen because even in groups we ran into some bad situations.

We were able to meet other groups from the API program around Ireland, but we weren't really able to interact with them a lot so it was kind of annoying having to be with everyone because if one person was missing or late we all were.

The mission of API is to transform lives by providing enriching academic and cross-cultural experiences that foster increased self-knowledge, cultural sensitivity and understanding of the global nature of our contemporary world.

*The former API Cultural Embrace and Aspire by API listings are now merged under