AIFS Study Abroad in Florence, Italy: Summer Program

Spend the summer in Florence, Italy with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 9 credits at Richmond, the American International University in Florence. Courses are taught in English or Italian with no previous Italian language study required.
For housing, choose between an apartment or an Italian homestay. Apartments come with a fully-equipped kitchen and bathroom, and access to a washing machine. Homestays are available for students on the 7-week program. Meal vouchers are included and are a program highlight – with nearly 100% of AIFS summer students rating the meal program as “excellent.”
Enjoy cultural activities such as museum visits, concerts, operas and ballets, cheese tasting, gelato tasting, and food and wine pairing. Excursions such as day trips to Pisa, Cinque Terre, Siena, and the Tuscan coast are also included in your program fee.
Optional trips to Rome and Venice are available. A 2-night tour of London is offered for students on the AIFS Flight Package.

• Transcripts issued by the Richmond University's Registrar’s office in London

Sarah

Amazing Amazing Experience

I had the best time in florence on the three week, Maymester program. I took Italian food and culture and I actually learned a ton and really enjoyed the class. We did have work, but it was very manageable and did not detract from my experience at all. The teacher was very relaxed and new that we were there to have a good time in florence and to explore the city. The program itself was so well structured and there were activities set up for us to attend every day that were really really fun--like pizza making, a walking tour, and one of our last nights we all went to a castle and had a lovely wine tasting and dinner together as a group. The program is truly jam-packed and non-stop, in the best way. And the housing is much much nicer than I expected. I was in a huge apartment with 6 other girls. It was so nice with a really nice kitchen and living room. The apartment was very clean, well kept, and very well located--we were in the middle of everything. I cannot recommend this program enough--it exceeded my expectations and could not have gone better.

I would maybe have a few days without class. I know this is hard to do with only being in school for three weeks, but it was hard to actually be in florence and enjoy the nightlife there with school in the morning every day.
Gerlie

An unforgettable experience

If you are deciding to study abroad in Europe. Florence is where it's at! From the great friendly people, to the famous museums, to the gelato stops everywhere, to the food, to the sight of the Arno river, to the safe and fun nightlife to pretty much everything else. Everything is a walking distance and each stop is filled with life! I fell in love with Florence the first day I got there. I love how the place is so rich in history and art! I would definitely go back and relive the experience all over again.

About AIFS Study Abroad

AIFS is a leading provider of study abroad programs. Since 1964, more than 1.5 million students have traveled abroad with AIFS. Comprehensive program fees make it convenient for students to study abroad and experience all that the world has to offer....