AIFS Study Abroad in Florence: Summer

Spend 3, 4 or 7 weeks studying in the beautiful city of Florence. Earn up to 10 credits studying art history, history, marketing, sociology, painting, drawing, fashion, photography or Italian. Choose from various summer sessions as well as a Maymester Term.

Live in your choice of a student apartment or a homestay, with meal plan options included. You can choose the 3-week Maymester program for 3 credits, the 4-week program for 7 credits or combine both programs. Enjoy Italy's heritage with visits to museums, art galleries and monuments – as well as cultural activities, such as trips to Pisa and Milan, Italian cooking classes, sporting events, fashion shows and more. Optional excursions include a 3-day trip to Rome and a 3-day trip to Venice.

The city of the Renaissance offers museums, art galleries and churches along with some of the most delicious food in the world. Whatever your tastes, Florence is the perfect city to acquire a genuine experience of Italian life and culture.

Sarah

Amazing Amazing Experience

I had the best time in florence on the three week, Maymester program. I took Italian food and culture and I actually learned a ton and really enjoyed the class. We did have work, but it was very manageable and did not detract from my experience at all. The teacher was very relaxed and new that we were there to have a good time in florence and to explore the city. The program itself was so well structured and there were activities set up for us to attend every day that were really really fun--like pizza making, a walking tour, and one of our last nights we all went to a castle and had a lovely wine tasting and dinner together as a group. The program is truly jam-packed and non-stop, in the best way. And the housing is much much nicer than I expected. I was in a huge apartment with 6 other girls. It was so nice with a really nice kitchen and living room. The apartment was very clean, well kept, and very well located--we were in the middle of everything. I cannot recommend this program enough--it exceeded my expectations and could not have gone better.

I would maybe have a few days without class. I know this is hard to do with only being in school for three weeks, but it was hard to actually be in florence and enjoy the nightlife there with school in the morning every day.
Gerlie

An unforgettable experience

If you are deciding to study abroad in Europe. Florence is where it's at! From the great friendly people, to the famous museums, to the gelato stops everywhere, to the food, to the sight of the Arno river, to the safe and fun nightlife to pretty much everything else. Everything is a walking distance and each stop is filled with life! I fell in love with Florence the first day I got there. I love how the place is so rich in history and art! I would definitely go back and relive the experience all over again.

About AIFS Study Abroad

AIFS is a leading provider of study abroad programs. Since 1964, more than 1.5 million students have traveled abroad with AIFS. Comprehensive program fees make it convenient for students to study abroad and experience all that the world has to offer....