CAPA Florence: Study & Intern Abroad

CAPA Florence: Study & Intern Abroad

I know what you’re dreaming of, and no, you aren’t crazy for thinking you just smelled pizza. If you’ve always been a sucker for the perfect red sauce or gawked at the fine marble carvings of Michelangelo, then Florence is the city for you. Florence will enchant you with its hidden museums around every corner. As much as you will learn in the classroom, the ancient history of a city like Florence will cause you to eat, sleep, and breathe your studies. You will come away from the experience with gelato in your hands, but Florence in your heart.

Get out of the typical classroom and turn your study abroad city into a place you can learn from. CAPA specializes in customizing your experience— from everything to what classes you’re interested in to what kind of housing you’ll live in. Our internships will give you the skillsets you’ll need to succeed in your career. Each of our centers abroad are unique to the places they’re located, and everyone there will help make you feel at home.

Europe » Italy » Florence
Europe » Italy
Statement of Purpose
Resume
Cover Letter
Letters of Recommendation
Age Requirement
Language Requirement
The program fee includes tuition, housing*, optional internship placement**, Florence bus pass, full day excursion to Siena and San Gimignano, access to the British Institute's Library and Cultural Center, sttudent events, insurance, and CAPA services and support including a 24-hour emergency phone line.

*You have the option to live in a shared apartment or homestay. The homestay incurs an additional fee which provides breakfast and dinner.
**Must have 4 semesters of Italian to participate in an internship.

Morgan
Portland, ME
Merrimack College

The best 4 months of my life!

From the day I got to Florence, I could tell that CAPA really cared about us as students and wanted to help us have the best experience possible. With culturally enhancing activities and classes, I found that I not only got to immerse and learn more about Italian culture, but also myself in the process. I was able to make long lasting friendships with locals while studying towards my marketing/graphic design degree in the process. I learned so much by taking my learning from inside the classroom out into the real world.

I think even more culturally enhancing activities would be nice, as well as a little more flexibility regarding class times and schedules.

Jenna
Mount Saint Mary College

Best Month of My Life

Studying Abroad with CAPA while in Florence, Italy, is something that I will keep with me forever. It was the most incredible experience that I would recommend to everyone, regardless of age. There is so much to do and see while in Florence. CAPA accommodated our trip with ease. They provided a welcoming and farewell dinner with other CAPA students that provided us to meet new people also studying abroad. From seeing the Duomo for the first time, to eating an endless amount of gelato, the memories I have from Florence will last me a life time. The city is absolutely breathtaking and provides a wide range of activities every day and evening. It was one hundred percent the best month of my life.

Elizabeth
Indiana University- Bloomington

Best Study Abroad Program EVER! Apply! Now!

My educational experience at CAPA's Florence program exceeded my expectations in all aspects! The professors were wonderful and excellent teachers, who understood all that abroad students are going through and excited by. The course work was engaging and often very useful to know while living abroad. Anytime I or another student had a question regarding abroad life or the subject being discussed, my professors were always excited to answer. So many of the classes focus on real-world examples, which certainly make class time more interesting.

During my time abroad, the CAPA staff were extremely encouraging and helpful. These people were the go-to resources for any questions regarding abroad life, travel, or "how would I say this..." inquiries. Often times, during breaks, I loved chatting away with Valentina, who worked the front desk. She was so sweet and caring. Valentina kept students updated on the fun programs CAPA would throw and answered any questions about the Italian language. All of the staff knew Florence extremely well, so that was such a plus with moving to an unfamiliar and big city.

My roommates and I loved our apartment. With just a 3-minute walk to the Ponte Vecchio, our apartment was in an excellent location, with proximity to beautiful sites and 5-star restaurants. We always felt safe in Florence and had a great landlord that took care of any maintenance issues in the apartment (there were only 1 or 2). With the CAPA program’s central location, one never has to walk more than about 10-15 minutes to get to all the major sites in Florence. I loved that this program’s classes were all in one building and not scattered around the city.

Everyone was super friendly in Florence. There was not one time that I felt unsafe or uncomfortable with the locals. CAPA staff are the best resources for any questions about culture shock or cultural/social integration. CAPA even provided a night program to discuss culture shock and ways we could combat it. That program was necessary in my cultural integration to Florence!

The best thing I gained from my experiences in Florence was the understanding of exploration's value. It is so important for Americans to see the other side of the world, how people of different cultures interact, and how these different people live. Every little aspect of my abroad life was worthwhile. I learned to ask more questions, venture out, and explore things that interest me.

I loved the pre-departure tips and checklist that were provided by my university. I would encourage anyone studying abroad to carefully ready over these materials, and search for blogs/articles on your city of study. This resources can be helpful to envision what your daily life will be like.

There's no doubt about it - living abroad can be very difficult...at first. From what I have learned, the best advice I can give is to stay busy and really push yourself into new, safe situations. I loved exploring. It allowed for me to meet and befriend locals that I otherwise would not have met. Within 2 weeks of my time in Florence, I felt as though I had a good understanding of what Florentines are like and how I should carry myself. The CAPA staff will encourage students to ask any questions regarding the "do's and don't's" in Florence. Definitely take them up on this! Doing so will greatly reduce your vulnerability to intense culture shock.

Sean
Jersey City, New Jersey, USA
Felician College

Studying Abroad in Florence Through CAPA: A Life-Changing Experience!

I had a fantastic time studying abroad in Florence, Italy through CAPA! I went to so many museums, restaurants, stores, and historic landmarks, and it was truly a life-changing experience. The staff at CAPA was incredibly nice and welcoming, especially Valentina Fatichenti. Everyone made us feel at home and guided us through our first time overseas. The CAPA building is also beautiful, blending modern classrooms with historic artwork and architecture. Overall, studying abroad with CAPA in Florence was something I will never forget, and I highly recommend it to anyone interested in studying abroad in Firenze, or any Global City for that matter!

Sam
Chesterton, IN
Indiana University- Bloomington

Life changing in every realm possible!

Studying with CAPA was by far the most rewarding experience of my life! They provided me with much more than simply an education. Teachers took students throughout Florence to get a hands-on experience and learn about the culture in a real-world setting. CAPA has awesome programs in order to help you immerse yourself in the Italian culture. I wish I would have done more with local Italians but my experiences did not disappoint!

At times there was some confusion when coordinating with the administration, but besides that they were all phenomenal. They took the time to learn about all of the students and truly cared about helping all of us.

Sydney
Falls Church
Hood College

Why Study Abroad With CAPA

I have always loved traveling. Before entering college, I thought about the possibility to study abroad. My mom did when she was in college and loved her time abroad. After my first two years of school, I was so busy with academics and athletics that the thought did not cross my mind again until the fall of my junior year. I went in to speak with my schools study abroad office to see what my options were. I had always wanted to go to Italy and once I knew that was an option, I was sold.
Studying abroad was the best decision I have made in life thus far. Florence helped me grow as a person and become a better version of myself. I was completely out of my comfort zone when entering the country. Part of the reason I chose the college I attend is because of the size. I went to a high school the same size as my college, but it fit perfectly. When looking at locations to study abroad in, I knew I would not be able to handle a big city well. I am easily overwhelmed with navigation so I knew I had to stick to the something smaller.
CAPA International Education was a great fit for me. They have locations in 6 different cities around the world, including Florence. The program allow all kinds of different majors and they offer a wide range of classes. Each city has classes tailored to them which gives you the opportunity to learn more about your host city. One of my favorite things about the classes was that we stepped outside of the classroom to relate what we were learning with the city.
Being in a homestay gave me the opportunity to immerse myself fully into Italian culture. They not only gave me a roof over my head, but they were my family. My host family will forever remain a part of me and I hope to one day be able to return to Florence and visit them. Overall, CAPA offered everything I would want in a study abroad program and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Danielle
Annandale
George Mason University

Go Abroad with CAPA Florence

Studying abroad in Florence was my dream. But when I first arrived I had no idea what to expect or what to do. This is when the CAPA program really stepped forward and helped me. They introduced me to internship opportunities and ways to get connected with local students. This is how I was able to find the local college student scene in Florence and connect with them. I really wanted to make Italian friends and I was able to once I knew where to look! I was completely immersed in the culture and it really helped me develop my Italian. If I hadn't gone abroad, I wouldn't have the worldview that I have today or the strength to be a confident leader. I was given so many opportunities with CAPA for a different kind of education. My photojournalism course inspired me to write about the city. My Italian film studies class helped teach me about the core of the culture. My anthropology class actually took me outside to observe Florence and the people who live there in their every day life and I found this so rewarding. I learned so much with CAPA and I couldn't have asked for a better educational program.

Olivia
Denver

A Day in the Life...

There is no bad experience in the city of Firenze. Some of my favorite times spent in Firenze were actually when I was walking home from a weekend trip from the Santa Maria Novella train station to my apartment, which was near Santa Croce. It was when I felt like I was returning "home" from a long trip. I would literally get to walk through the city and see all my favorite spots, but the best was when I emerged into Piazza San Giovanni and the Duomo came into view. Feelings of happiness would just envelope me because, as it is the symbol of the city, I always felt a connection to it. Firenze is truly one of the greatest cities I have ever experienced.

The only improvement i would suggest for CAPA is that more of the MyEducation events would be included in the tuition. Other than that, the staff was great, the program was great, and I learned so much and was still able to experience the culture and the rest of Europe's multiple cultures.

Carly
Denver, CO

Left My Heart in Florence

Although there are no words that could perfectly describe my time with CAPA in Florence, I'll give it a shot. I had always planned on studying abroad in Rome, but somehow I stumbled across CAPA's program in Florence and decided to go for it. Little did I know that this would become the best decision I have ever made. I arrived in Florence knowing enough Italian to order gelato, but not much else. From pairing me with the best roommates I could ask for, to giving me an apartment that showed me what it was like to be a true local, and providing me with classes that brought the streets and language to life, CAPA did it all. It was impossible to complain about school when I was taking classes like, Exploring the Global City, Italian Cinema, and Italian. These classes and teachers allowed me to truly dive into the full Italian experience, while teaching me how to not only recognize the works of Botticelli, but also the proper time of day to order a cappuccino. Aside from giving me more knowledge than I could've imagined, the CAPA staff truly cared about each one of us. Whether it be gathering all the information of our weekend trips, or asking other teachers if we're doing okay after a poor quiz grade (sorry Professoressa), I always felt at home. Leaving Florence and CAPA was one of the hardest thing I've ever done, but thankfully they just provided me with so many more reasons to go back.

The only improvement I think CAPA could make would be to provide a more efficient and enforced way of gathering students' travel plans. A few times we forgot to fill out the notification sheet, which often left students and staff worried.

Carli
Riverside, California

Florence in the Fall

This past fall was the best 3 months of my entire life. Studying with CAPA in Florence, Italy could not have been better. I learned an extreme amount about myself, the world, different cultures, ways of life, and traveling. I have never been out of the country before this, or even away from home, so this was a huge move for me. I had to start my adult life in a completely new country, and different type of culture. I learned a lot from the way the Italians live. For instance, I learned not to be in such a rush all the time, sip and thoroughly enjoy my coffee, respect my elders, and just truly live. Being with CAPA was amazing, my apartment was incredible and right in the heart of the city, and very close to my fellow classmates. Plenty of cafes, shops, museums, the school, historic landmarks, and nightlife all within walking distance. Over my 3 months I got to travel to 7 different countries, and make unbreakable lifelong friendships.

The only thing I would have to say that this program could improve on is making sure their emergency line is always manned. There was one instance we needed immediate help and we didn't hear back from them for a little while. Everything turned out okay, but we could have benefitted from a timelier response.

Claire
Boulder, Colorado

Home Away From Home

Going into my study abroad experience I knew that I wanted to force myself out of my comfort zone in order to have a maximized experience in a foreign country. I was determined to make Florence my home away from home that I could always go back to. Instead of rooming with my best friends from Boulder, I lived in a homestay with locals. Instead of spending all of my time with English speakers, I spent quality time with Italian children as I volunteered teaching English at a local Elementary school. Through my time teaching English, as well as time devoted to my host family, such as going on walks through the gardens with my host mom, I managed to accomplish leaving Florence feeling like it truly is my home away from home. I can only hope that one day I will have the amazing opportunity to return.

Gabriella

The Best Decision of my Life

Here's a story I wrote in my journal while I was abroad:

A Day In The Life...

First of all, it is starting to warm up here in Flo and I'm all sorts of happy about it. Sunny skies and warmer temperatures make everything better, wouldn't you agree? Anyways, I met up with my friends Morgan and Alexa after class and we stopped at the cutest cafe and each got a sweet treat, mine being a delectable waffle that I thoroughly enjoyed. Then, after stopping at the art supplies store for some things I needed, we made our way to the chocolate festival, going on in a Piazza near the river just in time for Valentines day weekend. There was an entire row of chocolate stands, each one showing off their own chocolate creations from bark to truffles to chocolate covered strawberries and waffles. As we ate our way through, and purchased some of our own, we decided it was a good idea to avoid studying for a little longer and take in the sunset from the River Arno. We went to a bridge, plopped down on it, and soaked in the last bit of sunshine before it set into a beautiful pink and purple sunset.

Then, we decided we were hungry (and didn't want to study) so we made a plan to eat at Gusta Pizza - a famous pizzeria on the other side of the river. Sadly it was closed, but we did stop in a couple shops and purchased a few goodies. I got the ring I wanted, which was very exciting!

Finally, we came to the conclusion that it was time to go home and face reality, so we made our way back. But not before we stopped at Mr. Pizza where we received heart shaped pizzas. So cute.

It's crazy to think it's been a month and I've only talked about places other than the absolutely AMAZING city that I live in. Everything about it makes me smile every day, from my walk to class to the Italian's dogs to the wine - this city definitely has been a perfect place to call home for the past month.

Their way of organizing and communicating everything seemed a bit dated and difficult. If it were up to me, that would be something I would have CAPA improve upon.

Mary
Indianapolis, IN

Why Florence

My favorite part about living abroad in Florence was exploring the city itself. The staff and faculty in my program made this especially possible through sharing their favorite sights, restaurants, and museums of Florence. The city itself is highly populated with study abroad students, but I still was able to explore the city on my own. Experiences like speaking Italian at my local bakery or taking trains to less famous cities like medieval Prato helped shape my experience. I wanted to study abroad for lots of reasons, but in the end I miss Florence because of the incredible and unique people I met both through my school and outside of it.

The program's schedule changed often, which made planning trips difficult. There were make up classes that would occasionally land on a Friday. MyEducation events were fantastic ways to explore Florence with a staff member, but often coincided with classes. I wish I had been able to experience more of the program.

Danielle
Howell, NJ

CAPA Florence

My study abroad experience with CAPA was nothing short of amazing. The staff was extremely accommodating, my flat was gorgeous and right in the city center, and my classes were interesting. I was happy to arrive in Florence, ready for a new adventure, and CAPA provided me with just that. I made countless new friends, who became family. I would never take back my decision to study abroad with CAPA.

The only thing that I would change about this program would be that I would have liked for the classes to be a little bit more organized. But, overall I did enjoy them!

Brayton

A Renaissance Dream Semester

Florence is the perfect location to see all the beauties of the Renaissance while being in a good location to explore the rest of Europe. CAPA was a great program and the staff could not have been nicer. I learned WAY more than I thought I would and always felt a good work-play balance.

I would just make sure future students know that living in a city can be a challenge, even if its the most beautiful place in the world. I would recommend researching racial and gender issues in the ovation you're considering.

Response from CAPA The Global Education Network

Thank you Brayton for your thoughtful feedback. Florence is a global city with lots of influences from new and old immigrants. Like many cities, you can experience discrimination based on your race, religion, sexual orientation or disability. Although CAPA tries to prepare its students to live in a global city with all its complexities, and also talks about these issues frequently in classes, it still can be a shock to experience discrimination first-hand. We are glad that the positive aspects of your program experience far outweighed the potentially negative.

Alex

Semester of a Lifetime!

My experience is Florence was fantastic. I woke up every morning to the sound of people bustling about an open-air produce market. I would walk downstairs and head a whole 200 feet for a cappuccino and pastry. Another three blocks and I was entering CAPA's campus in Florence's historic city center. Classes involved small lectures in the school followed by visits to the museums and churches to experience subjects in-person.

More help could have been given to students in need of medical attention abroad.

Response from CAPA The Global Education Network

Dear Alex. We are sorry to hear that you had a medical condition and did not receive the support you felt you needed. We would definitely like to understand your issue and how we could better respond to it in the future. Please email your program advisor at CAPA with the details. Thanks!

Taylor
Boulder, CO

Take Me Back

Studying abroad in Florence was the best decision I ever made. I was pushed out of my comfort zone and given the chance to learn more about myself in 4 months than I thought was ever possible. I would do it all over again if I could!

Erin
New Jersey
The College of New Jersey

Best Time of My Life

My semester in Florence was the best time of my life. Everyday was a new adventure exploring the city. The teachers were very nice, helpful, and knowledgable of their subject area. The CAPA staff were just as nice. They were there for you no matter what whether if you were sick or just needed a good recommendation for dinner. They became my second family. CAPA has the MyEducation program which are different events that the students can take part in. The different events in the program allow the students to learn more about the culture and the community. CAPA also many activities and trips that were included.

There was never a moment where I felt unsafe. CAPA and the apartments are all in safe areas and close to the center. I recommend studying abroad with CAPA if you want the true Florence experience!

I wish we had more interactions with Italian students, but CAPA did its best to inform of us places to meet Italians.

Christine

Three-and-a-Half of the Most Enriching Months of My Life

Every day held immense opportunity for discovery. I quickly realized how little I knew about Italy, Florence, and its people before arriving. Stereotypes were broken down, social dynamics were brought to the light, and I realized how much cultural diversity exists. Every person I met and every experience I encountered contributed to me feeling like a more conscious individual.

I would ask the CAPA staff to introduce more opportunities for students to experience what locals do. For example, I would have preferred to go to a concert for a local band than a dragon boat ride on the Arno. It is possible to find these sorts of activities individually, but considering the staff consists of Florentines, I am sure they could point out more extraordinary extracurricular events.

Moriah

Time of my Life

The opportunity CAPA gave me to get close to my teachers, host family, host culture and peers was irreplaceable. The closeness of the program made it what it was- we all knew one another and our teachers, it was great!

I wish there were a few more classes offered.

Brooke
Indiana

Life-changing experience

I had an amazing experience studying abroad in Florence with CAPA. CAPA was very helpful and provided many activities and day trips for us to experience Italian culture and interact with locals. The classes were very interesting and were taught by knowledgeable and passionate professors. I learned a lot about Italian history and culture in my classes.The workload was appropriate. My apartment was large and nice and had a great location. CAPA helped me get the most of my study abroad experience by enhancing my study abroad goals. I highly recommend studying abroad in Florence with CAPA.

Rachel
Collegeville, PA
Ursinus College

Rewarding Program

CAPA International Education Florence was an incredible experience, one which has affirmed my goals both personally and academically and endowed me with a new cultural awareness. The program enabled me to live with a host family in a location which was close to the main tourist attractions of the city while also being more residential and allowing me to see how Florentines live. All of my classes through CAPA Florence increased my understanding of many aspects of the city.

Dee
Boulder, Colorado

Florence Fever

The six weeks I spent abroad in Florence captures some of the best memories in my life. I was able to see Florence through a sojourner's lens and this made my experience incredible.

CAPA's orientation and tour of the city started my journey off overwhelmed: I knew Florence was a beautiful, historic city, but seeing the Duomo and being in the piazzas for the first time was absolutely surreal. That feeling developed my Florence Fever as my days went on studying abroad there.

A normal school day consisted of walking half an hour to the CAPA center, which was conveniently near the city center. I would pass the locals selling fruit, newspaper stands, and tons of coffee shops with pastries on my way. Classes were fun and relevant to the city, so it was neat to be on site and learn about the language, culture, and art history in the context. My professors were very knowledgeable with the courses, and that reflected in their teaching. We would take trips and learn about the Medici Palace, or visit the San Lorenzo Market and test our Italian at a local cafe. CAPA also provides a museum and bus pass, which made it easy to visit museums such as the Uffizi Gallery, Boboli Gardens, and the Accademia as many times as I wanted.

The staff at CAPA is friendly and extremely helpful. They checked in with our accommodations, suggested great activities and places, taught us useful phrases in Italian, and were there to give the students the best study abroad experience possible.

Aside from academics, the culture definitely made my time abroad come full circle. Living farther from the city center, I was in an apartment complex with all local Italians, and my roommates and I were a block away from a famous gelato place, which we took advantage of. We became friends with the pizzeria owner down the street, and the guy who worked the deli across the street was so proud when I successfully ordered in all Italian (after a non-successful game of charades my first time in there). The cuisine is phenomenal; pizza will never be the same to me again. I loved walking around the city and enjoying being in a foreign environment. The architecture is fascinating, and panoramic view of Florence from Piazzale Michelangelo is something I will never forget.

I am so happy with my experience and time abroad through CAPA Florence. I learned a ton about not only the city, but myself as well. I cannot wait to go back!

The length of classes is the only thing I would change, if that. Two and a half hours is quite long to sit through!

nikmurlo
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
Ursinus College

"I can't" doesn't exist

I chose Florence as my study abroad destination because I was looking to go out of my comfort zone and experience and learn a cultural completely different from my own. I enjoy learning new cultures and immersing in them. CAPA Florence definitely fulfilled that expectation and desire. I arrived in Italy, knowing not a single word in Italian. I was placed with a host family who spoke not a single word of English. More people than I expected did not know English or not well enough to understand what you were asking or trying to say. I struggled in the beginning because I couldn't speak the language and some days it was just so frustrating, but you have to keep trying. Florence is a huge city compared to my small hometown in the mountains in the middle of no where. I had no idea how to use public transportation, let alone in another country with a different language that I did not know. I was never good at directions. My study experience definitely forced me out of my comfort zone. Sometimes the cultural differences were irritating and unbearable because you couldn't understand them or you didn't like them, but overall, you grew to adapt to the cultural differences and learned to appreciate them. I appreciated and loved that CAPA emphasized a lot of out of the classroom experiences to teach us. I think there's no better way to learn about another culture than being actors and active observers of it. The first hand experience and interactive learning is my preferred method of learning; it provides you with the ability to learn so much about a culture and also a lot about yourself and your values. CAPA's teaching staff is incredible. They act as a resource and a family away from home. CAPA's 4 day class week not only helped students travel to experience the world, which is one of the most important educational tools and advantages individuals should take advantage of, but it also allowed us to personally dive further into the Florentine culture. I learned that I can adapt to new situations quicker than I thought I could because you have to. I know now that I can do anything if I need to, and I can survive and make do wherever I am with whatever I have. "I can't" is no longer a phrase in my vocabulary. My study abroad experience has changed my life and has given me a new-found perspective of the world.

I think that CAPA should play a larger role in the home-stay match up rather than using a housing company because the requests and important information provided by the students did not seem to be taken into consideration when matching students with host families.

sarena
Florence, Italy
Susquehanna University

The Best!

I'm so happy I studied with CAPA International Education. CAPA gave me the ability to immerse myself into the Italian culture by having in and out of the classroom learning with amazing professors who were helpful and dedicated. The MyEducation activities were enjoyable and gave students the chance to learn more about the Italian culture. The planned programs trips were great too because we got to travel to knew places and bond with other students. I met great people, traveled to new places and got a great study aboard education all thanks to CAPA!

Patrick
Bloomington, IN

A Life Changing Experience

I became an entirely different person. I matured so much in my four month abroad and see the world through a new lens. I made some of the best friends I have ever had in just a few short months, people I see at my wedding, people who I have already made plans to have a reunion with this fall. It's amazing how quickly your perspective on the world can change and how quickly your life can change. I wouldn't trade this experience for anything.

The weather, the euro exchange rate, and email communication.

Josenita
Gainesville, FL

Dream Come True

Florence was amazing. CAPA was great at making accommodations. Best decision I have ever made in my college career. I love the city the foo the culture and all the possible excursions.
I love all that I had experience and this program inspires me to travel abroad more to learn more cultures.

The academic staff could have been better. But it was still a learning experience. I dont believe they were very well prepared for some of the information that students would require. But the language course was very hands on and active which is very helpful in a new country.

cathy2010
Gainesville, FL

Life Changing!

My experience abroad was amazing! Everything I did and learned in Florence helped me grow mentally as a student and as a person, and without CAPA International, none of this would have been possible. The staff members were great! They were super friendly and always available. They helped me with whatever I needed, whether it was how to get to the train station or what restaurant to to try. Lorenzo even came to my apartment with a spare key when I locked myself out (on a Saturday)! My teachers were great and their command of the English language was outstanding; it definitely helped with my learning process. I lived in a safe part of town and my apartment was close enough to the city center. CAPA also provided bus passes for transportation and with MyEducation, they hosted a variety of events.

I would have loved to have more interaction with Italian students so perhaps planning an event with a local college?

Amanda
Gainesville, Florida

Amazinggg!!

Going to Florence with CAPA was one of the best experiences of my life. It has definitely changed the way I view the world and has even changed my future professional goals. The CAPA staff was really one of the best aspects of the experience- they were so friendly, funny and extremely helpful. I really hope to go to Florence again some day!

If I had to change one thing, I would implement more ways for American students to meet other Italian students. Other than that, it was great!

allisonmoore86
Chicago, IL

CAPA- The real Italian Experience

CAPA - Florence changed my life. Studying abroad in college was one of the best experiences I could have asked for. I am so happy I picked Florence, Italy and was able to appreciate wine country.

On my first day, CAPA picked us up from the airport and took us to our apartments. We were given maps and specific instructions on how to get to school and around the city. My academics consisted of Italian culture, language, art history, and international business. The teachers were a mix of Americans and Italians. We mostly spoke English at school but CAPA was 100% English speakers. This program would be perfect for someone who doesn't want to learn the language fluently, but has a passion for the culture. My apartment was top of the line and close to major attractions. The public transportation system in Florence is excellent and after a week, you'd have it mastered.

I'd recommend the program to anyone going to Italy. Florence has so many great things to offer.

What do you want to get out of your study abroad experience? No matter what, you’ll have to spend some time in the classroom. But what if there were a way to get out into your new city and truly live what you learn?

Welcome