Study and live in the timeless, exciting city of Rome, where ancient ruins rub shoulders with modern buildings, mopeds, and macchiatos. Semester in Rome takes place at the American University of Rome, located on top of the Janiculum, Rome’s highest hill. This city is characterized by open-air cafés, quaint outdoor markets, classical monuments, and vast cathedrals and museums. Get lost in the streets and find yourself in the vibrant rhythms of the city’s eternal beauty. Toss a coin into the Trevi Fountain for luck—though you’ve already found it if you’re studying abroad in Rome.
- Museums, monuments, and concerts galore
- Student excursions, activities, and social opportunities
- Courses taught by highly qualified faculty
- Beautiful apartments in traditional neighborhoods
- Vast caches of impressive art, sculpture, and treasures
CISabroad Scholarships and Financial Aid
70% of all CISabroad students receive scholarships, grants, or discounts to study abroad. We're unapologetically committed to increasing access to international education for all students.