CISabroad - Semester in Rome

CISabroad - Semester in Rome

We always have promotions running to save you money. Visit our website for more information.

Study and live in the timeless, exciting city of Rome, where ancient ruins rub shoulders with modern buildings, mopeds, and macchiatos. Semester in Rome takes place at the American University of Rome, located on top of the Janiculum, Rome’s highest hill. This city is characterized by open-air cafés, quaint outdoor markets, classical monuments, and vast cathedrals and museums. Get lost in the streets and find yourself in the vibrant rhythms of the city’s eternal beauty. Toss a coin into the Trevi Fountain for luck—though you’ve already found it if you’re studying abroad in Rome.

Art History
Social Sciences
Sustainable Development
Theater, Drama and Dance
Visual Arts
Please visit our website for price and dates details.

Mediterranean Culture Summer Program-- 5 of 5 stars

I truly loved my program with CIS Abroad, for multiple reasons. Primarily, CIS Abroad is committed to making a once-in-a-lifetime experience affordable. I was able to live in Rome for one month and Barcelona for one month, in addition to visiting southern Italy, France, and Portugal, all for one lump sum that was much lower than the tuition for any other multi-country program I looked at. The classes I took were rewarding and challenging in all the right ways, and my professors were very well respected in their fields as well as very accessible. If you want a program that is administered by the same group of people across Europe, and you want to feel secure that your program will be safe as well as incredible, then CIS is the organization to go with. I highly recommend them.

This program could be improved by ensuring that the groups in multi-country programs get to live together when they switch countries and integrate into the new place.

Best. Semester. Ever.

I studied in Rome for the Fall 2014 semester and loved every minute of it! I struggled with the US staff in regards to communication (if you want to know something, you have to go after it - including questions about application completion and even program acceptance) and politeness so I was a little concerned at first but all of my concerns were curtailed with a great on-site staff. I lived in an apartment with 5 other girls (who were all awful but that's not CIS's fault) that was modern and included weekly maid service. The American University of Rome is an amazing little university in the great neighborhood of Monteverde - it's academically rigorous but I still had the time of my life while abroad. I cannot stress enough how incredible the on-site staff was. Romina Marchionne helped me through every step of culture shock, homesickness and roommate issues and I could tell she really cared about me. Included in the program fee was tuition, housing, international health insurance (which saved me when I had a health concern in the middle of the semester; Romina went with me to the hospital), and cultural activities all throughout the semester which included but were not limited to walking tours of Roman neighborhoods, gelato, cheese and espresso tastings, cultural immersion and re-immersion back into your own cultural activities. Rome is amazing in that it's very central to the rest of Europe so travel on the weekends was cheap and easy; I had the opportunity to travel within Italy extensively and travel to 9 other countries in the short time I was there! I had the time of my life! I learned many valuable lessons while I was abroad and CISabroad really made the experience as simple as it could be. I would absolutely 100% recommend CIS.

Communication on the US side was dreadful but I found out later on that my advisor was 8-9 months pregnant while I was berating her with questions.

Fantastic Summer in Rome

The program CISabroad provided the best for housing, academics, and the social scene. Our student apartment was very spacious and had all the amenities we needed. The American University of Rome had great professors and was a short distance from where we lived. The area that we lived in was safe and provided the cultural immersion that I wanted. It was also close to center city Rome as well as the social scene of Rome. Overall, I couldn't have asked for a better program to go through!

The program could be improved by having more support in terms of what to do on weekends. They told us we could ask if we needed help, but a paper with different recommended site and cities to visit would've been helpful!

Summer in Rome

I studied in Rome for 5 weeks and it was the trip of a lifetime! I indulged in the history, the culture and the social life within the city and absolutely loved it. I spent my weekends on fascinating trips all throughout Italy. My CISabroad Advisers also provided me with other opportunities to get the full Italian experience. I lived in a spacious apartment in good proximity to the school and to center city Rome.

While the living accommodations were large and gave plenty of room to live and be, a lot of things went wrong in our apartment such as cabinet doors falling off. We had to provide all of our own cookware, toiletries such as paper towels and toilet paper which made it sometimes difficult because at first we did not know where to get this stuff.

About CISabroad

CISabroad is committed to providing the best overall value in study and internship abroad opportunities. CISabroad programs are affordable and specialize in providing quality education and support throughout your study or internship abroad experience...