- Students adhere to the Middlebury College Language Pledge
- Tracks for students at all levels of Italian
- Direct enrollment at local universities
- Seminars complement all courses for additional support
- Housing with Italian students or families
Florence is the embodiment of the Renaissance, which began in Tuscany during the fourteenth century and continued to influence the region and ultimately the world for four hundred years. hile Florence welcomes large numbers of international students each year, students at the School in Italy are noteworthy for their commitment to cultural immersion.
The program in Florence has three tracks of study, a Beginner level, an Intermediate Level, and an Advanced level. Outside of the classroom, the Language Pledge is in effect for maximum Italian exposure.
Depending on language proficiency and track level, students may take courses at the Middlebury Sede in the heart of the city and may take courses at one of our partner institutions: the Università degli Studi di Firenze or the Accademia di Belle Arti. They also live in a homestay or in an apartment with Italian roommates, which allows them access into the life of local families or peers.