IES Abroad: Italian Economics & Cuisine Program

The intersection of culture and cuisine is taken to the next level in Tuscany, where traditional food and wine are not only a large part of the cultural identity, but also a primary economic contributor.

Our Business & Economics of Italian Food & Wine Program is ideal for Business, Economics, & Political Science majors, as well as any student with an academic or professional interest in local and organic food and wine in Italy.

Panoramic View of Siena
Allison

Medieval City with

I absolutely loved being immersed within Italian culture in Siena. Siena is a medieval city with surprises around every corner. It is a small close knit community, that is very safe, and has a unique Sienese culture amongst the contradas (neighborhoods). Everything is within a 20-30 minute walk so it is very easy to get around! Everyone is incredibly helpful and friendly, including all of the staff and professors who work in the IES program. There is always a fun festival going on, or locals gathering at night in the Piazza. I have nothing but positive things to say about Siena! I would often run around the Fortezza to get some exercise, enjoy journaling in the Piazza, try local foods, or speaking with locals. The classes were fun and interesting, and we went on various cultural field trips to wineries and farm to table restaurants, which was certainly a highlight of my overall experience.

This was I believe the first year this program was launched in Siena, at times there was a few organization issues, but overall it ran very smoothly, and I truly enjoyed my experience and the help from all of the staff! The professors and staff went beyond their duty to help us, such as helping finding medicine at the pharmacy, or contacting hotels for us, when language barriers arose.

About IES Abroad

IES Abroad offers 140 programs worldwide for college students. We are a highly charged force of study abroad enthusiasts. Every day we have the privilege of witnessing how study abroad changes our students’ lives. We also believe that every student...