CIS Abroad - Summer in Rome

study abroad students in rome italy summer
study abroad students in rome italy summer

When in Rome, you can live like a true Italian in this ancient, iconic city. Our Summer in Rome program places you at the American University of Rome, located on top of the Janiculum, one of Rome’s highest hills overlooking the city’s historic center. You’ll take innovative classes on a pine tree-studded urban campus, and you can easily explore Rome’s impressive landmarks and ruins. The Colosseum will come alive as you see history first hand. Summer in Rome is abuzz with outdoor markets, festivals, and abundant cultural events. You’ll truly experience a summer like no other.

• Small classes sizes guarantee individual academic attention
  • Varied courses taught by highly qualified faculty
  • World-renowned architecture, museums, and historical sites
  • A beautiful Mediterranean climate with comfortable weather
  • One day trip included, and two optional excursion add ons

CISabroad Scholarships
CISabroad Scholarships and Financial Aid

70% of all CISabroad students receive scholarships, grants, or discounts to study abroad. We're unapologetically committed to increasing access to international education for all students.

$250 - $500

Ivana

An Unforgettable Summer in Rome

Rome is the absolute perfect place to spend an entire month just exploring. Its rich history and famous culture are definitely something worth seeing (and trying)! There is something new to do and see every day! The public transportation system is easy to navigate and there are plenty of English-speakers, which makes communication so much easier. The university is very nice and I feel as though I learned a lot from the classes I took. I took an Italian language class and a History of Modern Europe class, and even now I reflect on what I learned in those classes while attending school at home. CISabroad was very helpful in organizing several trips for the students and that made us more familiar with our area. By the end of my trip, I knew so much about life in Rome that I felt like a local.

What was your funniest moment?
The tour guide that took us inside the Colosseum was very funny and made the experience even better.