Manuelina Culinary | Learn Italian Cuisine in Italy

Last Minute Discounts

For the next few weeks, we are able to offer discounts for the following weeks of our Master program. 1 week including accommodation and meals has been discounted to 2500EURO

FOUNDATIONS AND PASTA - 1 WEEK
15TH – 21TH April, 2018

ARTISAN BREADS - 1 WEEK PROGRAM
22nd – 29TH April 2018

ITALIAN PASTRY AND DESSERTS - 1 WEEK
29th April – 6th May 2018

ARTISAN GELATO - 1 WEEK
6th – 12TH May 2018

Our Master Program is the most comprehensive short culinary program outside of Italy. Students and Culinary Professionals are given a perspective on Italian Regional Cuisine that can be effectively and simply applied in all areas of the globe. It takes an in-depth look at the raw ingredients needed to execute complete menus and goes far beyond simple recipe repetition. This program combines both demonstration and hands-on methods that showcase contemporary and traditional Regional Italian Cuisine and centres on the fundamental principles of contrasting flavours, colour, technique and nutritive value in cuisine, and more importantly, gives all participants the opportunity to see and taste, and the ability to develop and evolve their own individual technique.

Date: 8 April 2018 - 12 May 2018

Location: Via Serenissima, 5 Brescia, Italy

Language: English

• Gain the skills to join any culinary team or the confidence to start your own culinary business
  • Receive a certificate of completion from Manuelina Culinary Institute
  • Gain exclusive industry contacts throughout Italy and the world

Ludvik

Five-day course PASTA PASTA PASTA

During the five-day course, I learned how to produce all kinds of pasta.
In the top professional kitchen, all participants of the course made it all by themselves.
And of course we ate everything :-)

The whole course was really well prepared and was led by a professional chef who taught us the production of pasta in all its details.

Thank you Melina for this culinary experience!

I hope to participate in another course organized by Melina in the future.

Mary

A Unique Opportunity To Study With The Best Chefs In Italy.

As I was waiting to be picked up at the train station in Brescia a sudden panic eveloped me. I had arrange this trip on line without knowing anyone invovled. Melina Puntoriero was in Austrailia, the courses were in Italy, I was in the United States. What... if... no one... comes. What would I do? This review is to assure you that someone will come pick you up and you will have the most intense instruction of a life time from some of the most generous and well known chefs in Italy. Not personalites or "famous names" but real hard working restaurant and bakery owning chefs. This is not vacation play but a learning experience that will greatly enhance your professional life. While a hobbiest would certainly enjoy the experience, I think this course is for the serious chef. If I could afford to do it, I would send every chef I have in my restaurant to these classes. In fact in 2014 I did just that, one of my chefs took the one week, let's do it all class. It's eye opening. American Italian cooking is not at all the same thing as he learned.

I took two weeks. The bread class and the pasta class. Mastro Fabio Bertolli was so generous with his time he even took us to his bakery and invited us to lunch at his home. Unfortunately I became very sick with strep throat and missed some of my classes. Melina ensured that a doctor came to see me at the hotel and I was able to obtain antibiotics. This is to tell you that you are in caring hands and everything is done for you to be comfortable. I was so sick I don't remember a whole lot from the class except that we made massive amounts of every kind of bread imaginable. You should know baker's percentages and the metric system before you go. I think every kitchen ought to be metric anyway because it is so much easier to scale recipe. Base 16 American system is impossible. So study up on that before you arrive to conserve time. A week is very short when there is so much to learn.

Manuelina Culinary classes are held at Cast Alimenti - Italy's premiere culinary school. It's equivalent to our CIA. It is equipped with the very latest in Italian culinary technolgy. I have never seen such advanced equipment other than at SIGEP. The school partners with the best manufacturers in Italy so the students work with the lasted advancements. While I was there the Italian pastry team was preparing for competition at SIGEP so we got to taste their chocolates and watch ice carving and more. Classes there are held in Italian only. Our classes were taught in English or translated by Melina. We ate lunch at the school which was a buffet of what the students made in class that day. You will not go hungry! In fact I think this is the first time in my life I was never hungry and considered not eating period. Between tasting what you make, outtings, lunches, the meal plan, you will go home with very tight clothes. So my advise it to learn to graze as hard as that may be to do because everything is tempting and delicious.

The pasta class was a lot of fun for me, partly because I felt better and because I make the pasta at my restaurant. Walter Zanoni is an amazing pasta master. He makes everything look easy. He is one of those chefs who keeps no secrets and shares all of his knowledge with his students and peers. We covered 40 or 50 different kinds of pasta. You can see our pasta boards. The students from Cast Almenti came to critic our work. They come from all over Italy so they all wondered why we had not done a specific pasta from their region. We only had time to cover 7 degrees of Italian pasta geometry! There is far more to pasta than rigatoni or tortaloni.

Included are several important outtings. We visited Beppe Maffioli's ristorante, Carlo Magno. It is historic and beautiful. He treated us to a private tour, an amazing four course dinner paired with local wines, and gifted us with a book of recipes and poetry. Maestro Beppe is also a dedicated teacher at Cast Alimenti. All of the teachers there are passionate about their food and their students lives. Manuelina Culinary is an opportunity for an English speaker to touch the hem of these masters of Italian cuisine.

I would have preferred to stay in a B&B in Brescia and not have a meal plan. I understand that this option may be available now.
Pilar

Great experience

I did the 5 week program with Melina and every week you meet new people new chefs wich makes the experience even better every chef has different experiences in the culinary industry and they are really happy to share all their knowledge. We went to different cities and towns in Italy so you don’t only get to work with great chefs but you get to experience the real Italian living and food.
You also get a lot of reading material and is great so so can understand a lot of Italian ingredients.
I would say just have fun, learn a lot and eat a lot!

Marvin

Flying colors

If you want to be on guard with the fast changing world of the Culinary scene, then this is the right place to arm yourself to keep up. The offered intensive course are so in dept that everything you need is well offered. A police where you can be on top of the competition yet not forgetting how to have fun. That’s Manuelina Culinary!!!!

Oops... did I mention that it’s Director ? She is the most fun, passionate, skilled, intelligent chef you can encounter!!! And I’m sure you would love to be her mentor and best friend too if you get lucky. 🤗🤗🤗

It’s just perfect!

About Manuelina Culinary

Manuelina Culinary was founded by Manuelina Director, Melina Puntoriero. After working extensively throughout various culinary schools in Italy, and working in research and development with many different Chefs, Melina began to design programs that...