- Refuse to be ordinary – skip Cancun and study abroad in the beautiful and friendly Xalapa, known as Mexico’s City of Flowers! Step off the traditional tourist path during BCA’s excursions and cultural activities.
- Dedicate the first two weeks of your semester to strengthening your language skills and exploring Mexican culture and history in Cuernavaca before travelling to Xalapa to enroll in your semester courses.
- Volunteer or intern at a local agency, non-profit or NGO to be an activist!
- Your BCA Xalapa Resident Director (RD) will help you quickly acclimate to Mexican culture and society, become involved with local organizations and find activities and events going on in the city so you can fully participate in local life.
- Let BCA RD be your guide as you travel outside of the city and experience the diversity of the country. Excursions vary by semester but in the past have included places such as Mexico City, the capital of Mexico or Teotihuacan, an archaeological site.
On the BCA Xalapa program you can dive into Mexican culture by becoming an active community member. You can participate in different sports, learn Son Jarocho music and volunteer at a variety of organizations. There are many parks, plazas, markets, museums and galleries to frequent, as well as a lively café scene, frequent concerts, cinema clubs, fairs and festivals. Additionally, your host families in Cuernavaca and Xalapa will introduce you to Mexican celebrations, cuisine and traditions.
Universidad Veracruzana (UV) is a large institution offering more than 100 undergraduate degrees and a wide range of courses in many disciplines. There are very few international students, so you’ll be fully immersed in Mexican life. As an advanced language student, challenge yourself by taking UV courses taught in Spanish alongside local students. If your Spanish is not as advanced, you can take courses at the School for Foreign Students that are designed for non-native speakers.
View Program Information
-Tuition & Fees
-Meals with Host Family
-Cultural and University Orientation
-On-Site Resident Director Support
-Official Overseas Transcript
-International Health and Evacuation Insurance
-BCA Study Abroad support services before, during, and after the program
Scholarships available-Visit the BCA Study Abroad website for more information and to apply for scholarships!