Business & Economics in Europe

Business & Economics in Europe

The Business & Economics in Europe programme is designed to give students a greater understanding of the international business practices in Europe and the economic policies of the European Union.

Highly successful companies such as Philips, DSM, Unilever, Heineken, Shell and ING are key players in the global marketplace. It is the ideal place for educating and training the global business leaders and economists of tomorrow.

The European Union (EU) is the world’s largest economy and a major global trading power. However, with the current European sovereign debt crisis and Brexit, what challenges does the future hold for the great European economic experiment?

Europe » Netherlands

INCLUDED COSTS:
4-day European Study Trip
2-day Get to know the Netherlands cultural weekend
2-day Euregional field trip
Airport pick up & drop off
Extensive introduction programme
On-site support throughout the programme
Library and IT services
Transcripts
Disability Management
24/7 Emergency assistance

Peter
University of Southern California

American Guy Falls in Love with Maastricht

We learn about the current and emerging economics and business dynamics of the European market, especially the European Union, through a comprehensive program of academic classes and co-curricular trips.Through the program, combined with our residential exchange experience in Maastricht, we gain a deeper understanding of both the Dutch role in Europe as well Europe's role in the world. The Problem-based education style encourages an active and engaged style of learning that allows you to more fully grasp the lessons of the class.

From the first day, the CES staff has made Maastricht a home for countless international exchange students, fostering a sense of community among students and challenging us to go outside our comfort zones to explore the Netherlands and Europe. They have provided all necessary ingredients and more for our exchange semester to be a smashing success and continually go above and beyond to help us succeed.

Throughout this semester, I've integrated my classroom education and extracurricular activities, like student organizations and traveling, better than ever before through my experience in Maastricht. I've met amazing people, seen beautiful cities and changed the way I approach many aspects of my life and education due to the experiences I've gained this semester. I've also gained a new appreciation for Dutch grocery stores and become a better cook!

Caitlin
Redding
Miami University

Maastricht is a MUST

Seriously, COME TO MAASTRICHT. Maastricht is a college town within a beautiful, historic city. On a more serious note, my experiences with classes, program leaders, and general thoughts are stated below.

In my classes through Maastricht University's School of Business and Economics, learning is emphasized through small, fifteen student seminars with a rigorous schedule of case studies and interactive sessions in order to simulate real-life applications of business. This is incredibly beneficial due to its ability to teach valuable skills such as collaborating within a diverse group setting, and also provide an environment where you learn from your peers.

The CES staff is truly there to make you feel comfortable, happy, and enjoy your time in the Netherlands; without them I would feel lost! They incorporate a variety of events and opportunities to get to know your peers, and they are always available if you have a question, concern, or simply want to chat!

My experience abroad has taught me an incredible amount about myself and the world I live in. It has shaped my positive view on a multitude of cultures and has helped me discover unique friendships with students of varying nationalities– friendships I cannot image my life without.

Move the study trip to Berlin back a week so students can attend INKOM. INKOM is where most students meet their international friend circles and so it would benefit the CES students so they can become more of "actual" students rather than simply exchange.

Elly
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Maastricht: My Sweet Home Away From Home

Choosing to study abroad in Maastricht was a fantastic decision! I had never been to Europe before, but craving a small European town with travel opportunities has been amazing. The town itself offers so much from markets, to social events, to theater performances, and even the surrounding areas allow for endless exploration.
The CES staff has been phenomenal; I couldn't ask for anything better! Everyone is super friendly, approachable, and wanting to help you have the best experience possible. They organize group trips and events gathering the group together every so often while also being in the office to help with academics, travel, or general life help. The CES staff has generating a family environment that has made studying abroad a seamless transition.
School at Maastricht is a lot different with the PBL style courses. It was an adjustment at first, but as long as you put the time and effort in before hand then it is reasonable to adjust. The classmates are are very nice and the collaborative setting is something unique compared to my home university.
Maastricht now holds a special place in my heart thanks to the CES program and staff making abroad and traveling Europe unforgettable!

More pre-education on the PBL style.

Holly

Would recommend

My courses in the School of Business and Economics at Maastricht have challenged me academically and intellectually and have allowed for incredible growth in both areas. They've provided me with a different perspective and amazing opportunities that I wouldn't have from any other university. The CES staff is one of the best aspects of the program! They work so hard to make sure students feel comfortable and happy both in the classroom and beyond it. I've learned more about the world and its people than I ever could have in the US. Part of this learning I attribute to Maastricht University and the other part I attribute to exploring and getting to know Europe.

Elizabeth
Center Colorado
University of Denver

This is a trip you will not regret taking

The program has been stretching and challenging, but with everyday comes a new lesson and different perspective.
The CES staff is one of the kindest and most inviting groups by making every moment a fun and educational one. They strive to make it feel like home away from home.
My study abroad has been an experience that has allowed me to have a better world perspective. This has grown me and given me a wonderful foundation that I can continue to grow. I can't wait to visit the people I have met in the program in different places all over the world!

Liz
Chicago, Illinois

Studying in Maastricht

This program has been extremely eye-opening and full of new amazing experiences I never thought possible. I will never forget the people I have met and places I have gone. The CES staff is one of the most enthusiastic and inviting groups of people I have ever met. They made it so easy to transition here and make Maastricht a place I can call home. I have had the chance to experience such incredible new people, places, and food that I otherwise would not have. Europe and Maastricht is more than I could have ever imagined

Amanda
Houston

Studying Abroad at Maastricht University

I was so fortunate to have the opportunity to study with CES Maastricht within the School of Business and Economics. The School of Business and Economics encourages students to take control of their learning through peer based learning. Within peer based learning, students lead and professors guide the discussion. This set up empowers student to self-discover, control their learning, and decide which areas to further explore. The student led conversations present multiple points of view on issue, because of the multi-national student body at the University. Within this class structure, students also give more formal presentations in groups to practice leading a discussion. It was an amazing experience to work in multi-cultural groups.

Outside of the classroom, Maastricht is amazing place to explore via bike. The town contains many picturesque churches and cafes and the amazing Bonnefantemmuseum. I really enjoyed all of the local events and festivals. While I was studying abroad, Maastricht celebrated Carnival with several parades and intricate costumes. Later on in the semesters, Vrijthof Square was converted into a polo stadium. It was a lot of fun to attend the polo matches for free.

Maastricht is also centrally located which makes it easy to explore Europe. I would regularly bike from the guesthouse dorms across the border to Belgium in about 5 minutes. The town is also very well connected through a bus system. Through the CES Maastricht program, I traveled to Berlin, Ghent, Bruge, Antwerp, and Amsterdam. The CES program planned every aspect of the trip and organized activity geared towards our program. For example, the Business and Economics program visited a BMW manufacture in Berlin to gain a greater understanding of the business.

Overall, studying abroad at Maastricht University was one of the best decisions of my life.

Maastricht University (UM), the most international university in the Netherlands, stands out for its innovative approach to learning and international outlook. With almost 16,000 students and 4,000 staff, UM offers a wide choice of academic programmes, all of which are designed to bring out the